“Budget comfort and care bubble over at Mision de los Arcos” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mision de los Arcos

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huatulco
Mision de los Arcos
Gardenia 902, Huatulco 70989, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 48 hotels in Huatulco
“Budget comfort and care bubble over at Mision de los Arcos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

This little gem is located in the heart of La Crucecita. A step from the zocalo, you will find a world of charm and warmth in a small family-run operation.

All the rooms have unique personalities. We were very satisfied with ours, including outstanding maid service. We had a room on the second floor adjacent to the park and primary school with a view of mountains. The screened window was large, providing ample airflow. A/C worked well too along with a fan. The sink was in the bedroom area, with separate room for toilet and an ample shower with a window.

We can't say enough about the staff and service. The ladies in the coffee and ice-cream shop always welcomed us with a smile each morning when we ordered our cappuccini. The food from Terra-Cotta, the house restaurant, was reliably tasty including great pizza with cornmeal crusts. When we asked where we could hang some laundry to dry, the head laundress was immediately summoned and our clothes were returned dry and ironed within a couple of hours. Looking to buy a beach umbrella, the day manager happily pulled a loaner out of a cupboard. Ice for our cooler was provided upon request for free.

The owners are adding a yoga studio, a welcome addition since the only other gig in town is in neighbouring Santa Cruz.

In summary, the bilingual owners and Mexican staff could not do enough to make our stay most comfortable and safe for $50 CAD per night!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

Hotel was as booked: clean, good location, reasonable cost, Missed internet service, although I see now it was available in Restaurant, no staff said anything was available when asked while we stayed there.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

I found Mision de los Arcos in 2000 after searching the Pacific coast of Mexico for years. The hotel is centrally located in the small town of La Crucecita. It is not located on the beach but there are nine bays (Bahias de Huatulco). All beaches are within a short and cheap taxi ride. The hotel makes up for no beachfront location by being luxurious without the trappings of a resort. Each room is different, most with balconies. The decor of the hotel has adobe-style rounded walls, beige on bone color scheme with mexican art sprinkled throughout. The owners Sam and Sherry, could not be better hosts. They can arrange for outside trips to various beaches, coffee plantations, waterfalls, etc. Their restaurant Terra Cotta is beautiful and has great food. As I stated earlier this was my 9th trip to Huatulco and would not go anywhere else for a beach adventure. Mision de los Arcos has become my beach home plus the rates are the most reasonable that one wonders how they can do it for that price. GO, STAY AT MISION DE LOS ARCOS you will never regret it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

A must stay in Huatulco, who needs the resorts! Great location and staff, they offer a coupon for 15 pecos at a great beach club just a short cab ride away. i used this often and the club was happy to have me and the Mision supplied my towel. Best value for my money in 15 yrs of travelling. The a/c wi fi restaurant is the best in town.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
North Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

My husband and I recently returned from 2 weeks in Huatulco where we spent the first week in town at this lovely 3-star hotel. The second week, our daughter and her husband joined us at the 5-star Camino Real Zaashila. I must say if I were rating hotels, I would reverse their ratings! The only reason Mision de los Arcos is now rated 3 stars is because it doesn't have all the amenities required to be considered for a 5 star rating. However, with a coffee/ice cream shop equipped both with small tables and for "to go" orders and an excellent, air conditioned restaurant downstairs all operated by the hotel, you really don't need room service. It was very clean and well maintained with a great flat screen tv and free wi-fi internet access, neither of which we had at the Zaashila. The standard room we occupied was small, but completely adequate with a small balcony from which to view the zocalo. Who wants to stay in the room anyway when fabulous beaches are just a short taxi ride away? It did mean it was somewhat noisy. They were also making some repairs that interupted my husband's nap one day, but they were very apologetic and accommodating to our needs considering it was the off season. If that sort of thing bothers you, I advise you to check in advance of any such activities if you choose to travel during the off season. The hotel was much cleaner and the bed much more comfortable that at the Zaashila. They did not have a security lock on the door or a safe in the room, but honestly, I have always felt as safe, if not safer, in Huatulco than in my own home in Texas! I only mention it in case a woman traveling alone was considering staying there and might want to purchase a travel door lock. The only reason I rated 4 stars for location and room is that it isn't on the beach and the room was small. They have a couple of other suites that are larger, but they weren't available for our trip. It no longer has a fitness center. This is our fourth trip to Huatulco since 1998. With taxis available at very reasonable set rates, getting around was easy even in the off season. I'm so glad we stayed in town!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Oceanside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at Mision de los Arcos in Huatulco, Mexico. Everyone was very cheerful and helpful. And the hotel was very clean and comfortable. The food in the restaurant was by far the best in town. And I really miss the mango and tangerine smoothies. Everyone helped to make it one of the best vacations I ever had.
Tom Knudsen, Oceanside, California.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

Second trip to Huatulco - Excellent experience, great service, beatiful room, great AC, great location, wonderful restaurant/coffee bar/ice cream bar. my wife and I enjoyed the licuados and aguas frescas. Stayed at the Camino Real last summer and I would rather be at Mision de los Arcos any day. Took a day trip to Zipolite, Mazunte and Puerto Angel - was the highlight of the trip. Concierge was very helpful in lining up taxis and was very trustworthy.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Mision de los Arcos? Share your experiences!