“So many other options...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Acapulco La Isla

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Acapulco La Isla to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Acapulco La Isla
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard De Las Naciones No.2000, Acapulco 39906, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 176 hotels in Acapulco
Edmonton, Canada
“So many other options...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I am staying in this hotel as I type this. I'm here for one night only, and needed "a good room in a hotel with a pool". Somehow I ended up here. The pool is a miserable, dirty little joke. The internet connection is horrific. You have about a thousand options in Acapulco, do not waste your time here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SusaEstrada, Sr Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Acapulco La Isla, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Mr. Drew:
Thank you for taking the time to write down your comments while staying with us. We are very sorry to learn that some aspects did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with our internet service and pool facility. We have checked these matters immediately with the appropriate staff members.
We hope to have the opportunity very soon to replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.
Cordially,

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Comitan, MX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

A good hotel near the airport in Acapulco. It is a new hotel and moderately priced. The restaurant is OK as far as hotel restaurants go. A good choice if you are there on business or just passing through. I will be staying there again this year.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Reception
Pre paid my room, arrived reception, no welcome, just asked my name said I hadnt paid show them my booking, they asked for a statement proof I had paid, asked for a supervisor, like magic they found I had paid ( has hotels forgotten reception staff are face of the hotel)
Room
No Complaints was large decor was well done, bathroom, had excellent shower

Breakfast
poor selection same every day, Peso 145, stayed at other hotel in Acapulco Breakfast 160-210 and large selection to suit everone, service was very good

Pool
Stayed over the christmas period. pool was small but had no touble getting loungers looked like people stayed at the hotel but headed for the beach, bar meals good again service was very good

Bad side
At the beginning of our stay for three days they cleaned our room after 4.30pm and one day 7.30pm and they forgot towels and shampoo, had keep phonig and visit reception to get cleaned on time
Not on the beach long trip in out to Acapulco

Good side hotels new room large well decorated, reasonable price compared with hotels in that area

Room Tip: If want more space get room 119
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Grand Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

After enjoying Acapulco and wanting to get away from the traffic and the heat and positioning ourselves near the Airport, we stayed here at the Holiday Inn. It was hardly open a month or so when we stayed there. It had that new hotel smell ! Not wanting a Classic Mexican hotel experience, at this point, we loved our "spoiled Gringo" Stay here. Nice little pool, great workout room, squeaky clean room with Bathroom and TV options to die for. But, the attached restaurant was the Coup de GRAS for us ! Super delicious menu options to begin with but they have fabulous "homemade ice creams", that tempted my strong willed Weight Watching wife to the extreme ! But the big plus for us was the Acapulco Airport by hotel shuttle is only five minutes away ! Nice staff, great service, English speaking, a great jumping off spot to go home or to visit more of Mexico, totally refreshed ! SkippyFrizz :-)

Room Tip: As a restful, clean yourself up, very cozy hotel, this is the one hits the Spot ! Not on the beach a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Mexico City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed here during the 2012 Holy Week (April 6-8). I have to say that I selected this option because I couldn't find anything at the beach as it was one of the busiest seasons in Acapulco, but my experience was great. The hotel is not at the beach so you will only have a small swimming pool available, but personally I dindn't care that much because the beach (Punta Diamante) is just 7-10 minutes by taxi for close to USD 6 each way...so not a problem to get to the beach...BTW Punta Diamante is one of the best places for relaxing in Acapulco and where the best hotels are located...the other place is the bay located close to "Costera Miguel Aleman" but that place is regularly more crowded (but still very nice). I found in Punta Diamante a lot of teenagers and young adults chilling out with many small tends that play mainly electronical music...so if you want to feel the bits for a little bit... go there...Mexicans are very friendly and like to interact with foreigners, so you will enjoy that for sure (just consider that these tends are only working in busy seasons)...also if you walk close to half a mile the environment will be just for relaxing so there is environments for everybody.Anyway let's discuss the main topic of this review, the Hotel Holiday Inn La Isla...I found the following:

Positive:
1. New hotel (built early 2012) with much lower price compared to staying at the beach.
2. Excellent service from all the staff
3. I loved the menu food served at the restaurant. The buffet was also good but not the best I've had, though the pizza bolognesa was one of the best I've tried...but this one was from the menu.
4. Good option for a short stay or for a budget stay in Acapulco
5. Close to one of the best night clubs (Pure...from what I heard) and one of the most exclusive areas (Punta Diamante).
6. Excellent cleanliness in the room, great shower with nice pressure, good bed and amenities.
7. Taxis were available very fast considering that I was in a very busy season (less than 10 minutes).
8. Close to some shopping centers and restaurants by taxi only.

Not that positive:
1. You are not at the beach so if you don't mind taking a taxi for going there, then you are OK as it is very close.
2. The pool is nice but a little bit small...same for the fitness center (just 2 treadmills and one training bike).
3. Not a place to walk around from my point of view, as you need to take taxi even to go to the restaurants area, but the hotel restaurant is good and not expensive though (I went with my brother and we ate there and really liked it!).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Acapulco La Isla? Share your experiences!