“My stay at the Las Torres Gemelas Private Suites.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Torres Gemelas Private Suites

You added Las Torres Gemelas Private Suites to your Saves list
Las Torres Gemelas Private Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 93 Costera Miguel Aleman | Las Torres Gemelas, Acapulco 39360, Mexico   |
Ranked #39 of 178 Hotels in Acapulco
Vancouver, Canada
“My stay at the Las Torres Gemelas Private Suites.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is my third straight year staying in the private suites at Las Torres Gemelas. Acapulco has so much to offer and is the most beautiful bay I have ever visited. We love the view from our balcony and fall asleep every night listening to the soothing sounds of the waves. The service here in Acapulco is next to none. The beaches, clubs, discos and fine restaurants are all at your footstep. James the rental manager assisted us with our every need. I also find Acapulco to have the most beautiful woman in Mexico. I will be back next year and the year after.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
LTGPSManager, Manager at Las Torres Gemelas Private Suites, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
HI Scott,

Thanks for the nice words and we look forward to seeing you down here again soon.

James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Where to begin... I will start with the good. We stayed in the 3 level Penthouse Suite and the Location was great. The views were beautiful. The lobby was open to the sea's breeze and that was delightful. Too bad that wasn't satisfying enough.

Now for the reality...
-Outside of the buildings (these are twin towers) look old, faded, and uncared for. (The Hotel next door was being painted and maintained the entire time. It is obvious that it is possible if someone cared.) The inside of the hotel had stains all over the walls and looked dirty.
-The elevators are small, slow, old and at one time we thought we were going to get stuck in one.
-Our actual room was barely cleaned when we arrived. We did what everyone looks forward to doing on vacation...cleaning!
-One bathroom had no towels the other one had 2 bath towels, one hand towel and no wash cloths. When we asked for more, we were told at the front desk that they don't provide them. Then we were told if we have our room cleaned by the maids they will replace them. (We decided not to have the room cleaned because we read a previous review, and it spoke of another guest being robbed during their stay. We we were told to use the safe that was much too small to hold computers or tablets. It's smaller than a shoe box! We were told that we could use the safe at the front desk but after about 3 times of trying to contact the manager and always getting no where we felt we couldn't trust anyone there.)
-There were bugs crawling in the kitchen on the counters, on the floors, on the tables...everywhere which made it hard to enjoy your food in peace.
-We didn't have hot water the entire time. Cold showers no matter what time of day or night.
-There was a constant drip in the living room which was warping nice hard wood floor.
-The furniture was stained and dirty.
-The roof-top deck looks great in the pictures but in it's present state not so great. Not the relaxing outdoor experience as shown in the photos. The couch cushion and platform were cracked and dirty. The outdoor carpet is ripped and coming up everywhere. The beautiful wicker beach chair in the picture has been replaced with a old, dirty chair.
-The plants are dead. Others just looked sad.
-The hot tube would have been nice if we had hot water. So after waiting for about an hour for it to fill up with cold water, we found out that only one jet worked.

Also just so you know:
The hotel is allowing a parking service to park your car for a daily fee. It is not self parking. You have to call down and wait 15 minutes to get car.

First we contacted the owner. Then when we tried to contact the manager, Manuel Romero, (about not having hot water and the shower not draining) once and we were told he would contact us. He never did. We tried again and he showed a lack of concern or care and spoke to us insultingly. Then said he would have the hot water and drain fixed and that never happened. A couple days later we called Hotels.com and explained the situation and they called and spoke with the manager and he said he tried to email us but we never gave him our email.Weird. The manager told Hotels.com he would call us that day to compensate us. One of us stayed in the Suite on the last day waiting to received a call or visit. Never happened. Then on our last morning in Acapulco, one hour before we checked out the maintenance man showed up. My husband was so furious that he called down to the manager and explain just how unhappy we had been that last week and he again showed a "I don't care attitude" and he said he would give you a free breakfast but it was closing so there is nothing he could do. Through the course of the conversations we had with him many things didn't add up or make sense. We were told one thing and sometime even during the course of the conversation, he would say a totally different thing, with the same conviction.

We could have over looked the many things wrong with this place if we would have at least got what we saw in the pictures. (which we saw on trip advisor, VRBO, Hotels.com and owner website. We desired a clean place that functioned properly. In our observation there is a lack of care of the facility and the staff. I would advise you to read the reviews for Las Torres Gemales Hotel as well since the Hotel and Private Suites are connected. The hotel tower manages some of the Suites in the Private Suites tower. Some of the Suite owners allow them to rent out their suites from a pool of vacancies.

In conclusion, it was a very disappointing stay at this facility. The goal in this review is to save you from the headache that we went through on our vacation. I have posted pictures, so you can see the condition. Hopefully, that helps you make an informed decision.

Caring Consumers

Room Tip: I would suggest Fiesta Americana. We received more attention and service walking by this hotel then...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jarel,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. I understand your disappointment with the state of the roof top patio, it had been worn down by the sun and usage during the holiday season. We have now renovated the patio area and I will be uploading pictures of how it looks currently. I will also be uploading pictures of the sofa and floor in the living room area to show that it is not dirty or soiled but is in fact in good condition. The interaction with our staff member with regards to your comments about the hot water is certainly not typical, there could have been a problem the week that you were there but we have had no complaints since then.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of Las Torres Gemelas, the view from the Penthouse suite is quite spectacular. You may be interested to learn that in the last couple of weeks we have started painting the building, as well as a refurbishment of our front entrance and elevators. I would take pleasure in welcoming you back in the future and offering you a free stay so that you could experience the hotel as it was meant to be. Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling to Acapulco again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Acapulco was most enjoyable.

James Guzman
jguzman@acacondos.com
Tepoztlan, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at the "Penthouse Suite" last week with my wife and another couple. We are expatriates who live in northern Mexico City, so we are accustomed to life here in Mexico. Shocked barely describes the reaction to seeing this property. We rented here based on the reviews on Trip Advisor, and I assure you - the photos and comments regarding this "suite" are misleading at best. I pray it was not deliberate, but I cannot believe they were written so recently, as no one described the reality of this place; which is, I repeat, shocking. The three floors of the "suite" were seriously neglected. There is no other way to describe it. From cleaning to maintenance it appears no one has cared for this place in a while. We considered taking the loss on our money and going somewhere else, but it was a lot of money. Besides the dirt, broken chairs, clogged shower drain and children's hand smears throughout, the top floor looked abandoned long ago. The green AstroTurf in the alluring photos is torn to shreds, peeling and mostly missing. The furniture is blackened with cracked-open cushions and that lounge chair doesn't exist. The view was amazing, but the "hot tub" (actually cold) in the photos doesn't work. It was depressing. There is an infestation of ants if you choose to go up there anyway.
This brings me to the crowning achievement of Los Torres Gemelas. On top of these other issues, there was no hot water the entire week of our stay. After three visits to the front desk and a phone call to the manager. No Hot Water For A Week. Cold showers every day standing ankle deep in soap scum. How is none of this mentioned in the reviews of the "Penthouse Suite"? No maintenance person came by, even after Brenda at the desk tried to get the manager's help. Interesting to note; people staying in other units said they had hot water, so perhaps there is a rift between the owner of this unit, and the hotel itself. I'm not sure.
The owner of the "Penthouse Suite" lives in New York and was aware the problems I have described. My friends; who made these reservations months ago, emailed him often in preparation for our arrival, yet he didn't mention anything about these conditions. After our arriving, they emailed him again and he acknowledged these issues and cited the hotel for poor maintenance. Perhaps he could have told them the actual condition of his unit and let us enjoy our week in Acapulco somewhere else.
A special mention goes to the manager of the property, Manuel Romero. I spoke with him personally on day four of our stay. When I told him about the hot water and drain issues, he laughed and said (quote) "I'm sorry I can't fulfill your dreams, but I'll see if I can get someone to look at that for you." No one came. His overall disposition was dismissive and condescending, and perhaps conveys the reason why other problems exist throughout his property; broken elevators, etc.
After eight days, as we were cleaning up to leave at 11:00 am, Monday, Feb 25, 2013, the maintenance man came to fix the hot water. As we were leaving. Personally, I didn't think the timing of his arrival was a coincidence since we had contacted the front desk and the manager about these issues upon arriving. I will let my friend write about the conversation he had with the manager after that, if he chooses.
Please be assured, Acapulco is indeed beautiful, and despite the issues described we enjoyed the beaches and restaurants. The hotel was once a beautiful property. You can appreciate the architecture and layout. The people managing the property appear to have stopped caring long ago and have let it degrade. The owner has not maintained his unit, and so it does not look even remotely like the pictures you see here. I wrote this in fairness to anyone who might be considering a stay at the "Penthouse Suite" at Los Torres Gemelas Private Suites. Ask around, the locals will verify this review.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Right on the beach and in the center of all the action. We were very pleased with our stay here, couldn't of asked for more. Very well furnished and excellent service. It is our little casa away from home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

For those seeking to evade the chillier climes of a frozen continent, I couldn't recommend a better place than Acapulco. The week I spent in Las Torres Gemelas Private Suites, was as good as I could have wished for. The LTGPS manager, James Guzman, could not have been more helpful in making the break a smooth one, and he helped me out with restaurant selection, where to get money changed, how to see the famous Acapulco divers, and even where the best local shopping mall was, along with the best beach bar, Playita. The suite I had was clean and modern with a huge flat screen TV, with many channels, and excellent WiFi Broadband, plus a private balcony, a decent shower, and comfortable furniture, along with a private water cooler and small kitchenette. The private beach facilities and pool were hust what I needed to chill out during the day. The city itself I found amazing, and colourful, and all in all, it was a great trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Right on the ocean with superb views of Acapulco bay. Suite was clean, comfortable and quiet even though the hotel is located in the centre of town. Great internet, satelite TV, and a wall safe in the room. I liked the fact you can relax in the room enjoying the view and the sound of the waves breaking below, or have a wild night out in Acapulco just minutes away. Pool area and services good, restaurants, bars and shops all close by on foot. Acapulco has character and is very laid back, I intend to visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is a great place to stay. Acapulco is a loud, hot city and with a room in LTGPS you'll have a clean, cool and quiet place to relax: A wonderful view of Acapulco's bay, a big TV with a big sound system, quiet airconditioning and boxspring mattresses for a pleasant sleeping experience. I noticed that the LTG Private Suites rooms are far nicer than the other rooms in the hotel. Also you are in a great location with many fine bars and restaurants at walking distance. The private security downstairs are friendly and taxi's are always waiting in front of the building to take you anywhere you want to go. The management of Las Torres Gemalas Private Suites is determined to make sure you have a good stay. In short: I highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Las Torres Gemelas Private Suites? Share your experiences!