“Best way to start a Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Banyan Tree Cabo Marques

Save Saved
You added Banyan Tree Cabo Marques to your Saves list
Banyan Tree Cabo Marques
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Cabo Marques Lote 1 | Colonia Punta Diamante, Acapulco 39907, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 176 hotels in Acapulco
“Best way to start a Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Banyan Tree Cabo Marques was my first stop before going to my honeymoon in Asia, we stay for two nights to rest after all the wedding stress. Since the moment we arrived the Lobby staff welcome us with a cold beverage in their magnificent front ocean view lobby. From that oment on, all BanyanTree Stafff pampered us through out our stay.

Our villa which has an otstanding view (villa 409) was decorated withhoney moon amenities,including a Champaign bottle complemment of the hotel.

Restaurant food is flawless!... We had dinner a Saffronand lunch at Las Rocas and both restaurant had exquisite cuisine.

Also breakfast buffet was a delight!... Even the Chef Alfonso took personal care of our meal... We loved it!

I just want to thank all BanyanTree Cabo Marques staff for making my stay in your hotel so perfect.... Specially Ricardo Suarez and Pau Traconis for making my honey moon start better than I could ever imagine!

Thanks!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ricardosua, Gerente at Banyan Tree Cabo Marques, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Banyan Tree Guest,

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and wish to thank you very much for your gracious comments about our hotel services and associates.

Thank you for choosing Banyan Tree Cabo Marqués to start your Honeymoon and for taking the time to share your comments with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Cabo Marqués in the near future.

With my best regards,

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I just came back from a trip to Acapulco. I used to go to Acapulco 10 years ago. I was presently surprised. The main road from the airport has a very good and clean feeling. The entrance to Cabo Marques is absolutely divine. But the Banyan Tree is the best I have seen so far. The attention to detail, the smell of the spa everywhere, the staff, the surrounding, the villas. You see the full Ocean front everywhere, you feel you are in between Thailand and Acapulco. Very safe all the way. Unbelievable.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the Spa Villa. One of a kind.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Banyan Tree Guest,

First of all, thank you for your comments sharing via TripAdvisor with others.

Banyan Tree Cabo Marques was created for being a place that stimulates the senses of our guests to find a comfortable state of peace and relaxation. Our Associates provide a genuine care, and those elements together create this "Sanctuary for the Senses".

We truly appreciate to achieve this goal during your stay with us.

Thank you for sharing your experience with others, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Cabo Marques soon.

with my best regards,

Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I've gone all my life to Acapuclo, and never thought something so different was only a few minutes from the city. You feel as if you're on a completely different place, the trees and plants are everywhere and the wildlife is abundant, it changes a lot so quickly and it really is an escape from everything.

This was the first stop of our Honeymoon and I have to say that we were very impressed with this hotel. The villas, the service, food and drinks, everything is stunning! It really is an incredible resort. We had the Ocean Front Spa Pool Villa and it was huge! with the best view of the Pacific from your private pool and the best sunsets you will ever see. Watch out for the coatis not stealing the food on your mini bar.

For anyone who lives in Mexico and want to start a Honeymoon on a mexican beach before heading somewhere else like we did, don't look more! It really is a special place. Thanks to everyone in the hotel for making our first stop a special one!

Room Tip: Ocean Front Villas are what we would recommend!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ricardosua, Gerente at Banyan Tree Cabo Marques, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Mr. Diego,

We thank your immensely for taking the time to share your experience with others through TripAdvisor.

It is always a pleasure to read through notes such as yours, for they serve as an inspiration to help us in our continued commitment to maintain the high standars you have experienced.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Cabo Marqués soon.

Warm regards,

Ricardo Suarez.
Banyan Tree Cabo Marqués
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

As simple as this: the hotel made possible to have the best vacation we've had in years. Excellent service at every level, my 6 year old daughter had lots of fun and my wife and I enjoyed a very relaxing time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

ricardosua, Gerente at Banyan Tree Cabo Marques, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Banyan Tree Guest,

Is a great pleasure for us to read trough your comments that this has been the best vacation for you, we hope to have the honor to be part of your next vacations again, making them an unforgettable experience at this Sanctuary for the Senses! The blend of Asian and Mexican cultures. Your comments endorse this belief and are a great testimony of our team's dedication and professionalism.

Thank you for sharing your experience with others, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Cabo Marqués soon.

Warm Regards,

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Everything I expected from a top hotel and more. We had a spectacular view of the ocean from our room, we made a few special requests from the concierge that were attended without a problem. Overall there is a personalized service that made us feel like we were the only guests. Dining options were great. Would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Dear Banyan Tree Guest,

Thank you for choosing Banyan Tree Cabo Marqués and for taking the time to share your comments with us trough TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Cabo Marqués "su casa" in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Everything from the villa, the service, the stunning views and the very special staff all made my trip to Banyan Tree Cabo Marques all the more special and too brief!! I must admit I had very high expectations and am pleased to say that ALL of them were met tenfold. The breakfast buffets (which was my favorite part of the day), the pool service and the delicious dinners at Saffron all made it a perfect time for my friend and I. We were celebrating one of my BFF's birthdays and she said she had never been to a more beautiful and wonderful place in the world!! She is extremely special to me and I wanted to make her brthday celebration one that she would remember always. Ricardo and the Banyan Tree Cabo Marques made that very possible!!!! I must give praise for the success of this magical place to the GM Ricardo Suarez and his entire executive staff. Ricardo's warmth,sincerity and professionalism made me feel at home immediately. No request was too big or too small for him to handle and he has definitely won a special place in my heart. Beatriz who is Ricardo's executive assistant made sure that my special requests prior to my arrival were all taken care of with grace and a genuine sense of "caring". Her beautiful smile and presence when we met made me feel like we had know each other for years.Manuel,the Resort Manager made us feel like we were "very good old friends" and that it was his pleasure to do anything he could to make our stay all the more enjoyable. Sandra at the front desk always greeted me with a smile and a hug which was sorely need after a very hectic couple of months living my very hectic NYC life. Damien the Food and Beverage manager and Sofia,the host at La Nao noticed that I was a "foodie" right away and made sure that all of my little special dietary needs were met.

But one of the highlights of the trip was our visits to the GORGEOUS spa. Cristana and Sylvia, the managers of the spa made all of our troubles "melt" away as soon as we stepped into their sanctuary. My masseuse Ying, gentle but strong touch made me feel like I was in heaven after each massage. The gentleness and kindness they exhibited were so appreciated by me and my friend . And Ricardo's "birthday massage" for my friend was truly a lovely gesture and just exhibited the class and graciousness of his personality.

From the custom mini chocolate"birthday cakes" they presented to my friend at every dinner, to the delicious vegetable spring rolls and short ribs at Saffron, everything was absolutely perfect!!

I have already recommended Banyan Tree Cabo Marques to a few of our friends for an immediate "pampering and luxurious " getaway and I am already looking into a return trip for
myself.
There are three things in life that are important" the first is to always be kind,the second is to always be kind and the third is to always be kind. I have tried to live my life by always showing more kindness than seems necessary because the person receiving it needs it more than you will ever know. I truly believe that Ricardo and his staff also live by this motto as their sincere kindness showed in everything they do.

I wish all the best for them and the Banyan Tree Cabo Marques and look forward to continuing to make many more happy memories there in the future!

Besos,
Tybie

Room Tip: I loved the villas in the 200 category. They had views that were remarkable and the area is a little...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I took a quick, last minute vacation to Banyan Tree Cabo Marques. It was our first stay at a Banyan Tree, despite our familiarity with their brand from having lived in Asia and stayed at many other world class beach/ocean resorts. The property is gorgeous, the villas are beautiful, the food was tremendous and the service was nearly always very good. We would be happy to return in the future. Since so many people have written about the beauty of the resort, let me focus on a few things that could be done better. Remember, these are things that would move our "rating" from a 95 to a perfect 100......

1) While we enjoyed our mid week stay and the solitude it brought, it brings other consequences. The Las Roca restaurant/bar and pool area is closed mid week, reducing your dining choices during the day by 1/3.

2) For reasons that were unexplained, the La Nao restaurant was also closed in the evenings during our mid week stay. This left only one restaurant open which was Saffron. Given that we booked our dinner reservations 10 days in advance to each at La Nao and then the next night at Saffron and not being told until that DAY that the restaurant was closed, was irritating. We did not want to go into Acapulco for safety reasons and there was no accommodations made nor an apology made until I spoke to the Front Desk Manager, Manuel Sillas. who did apologize and with General Manager, Ricardo Suarez, made a nice gesture towards us during our last meal at the BT.

3) The spa and the services my wife and I received from the staff was world class. My massage person, Tak, was excellent and so was my wife's. However, in our welcome letter, we were promised a free 90 minute massage. The spa said that was a mistake, the front desk said that was mistake and the Senor Sillas said that was a mistake, however he honored the free message that was in the welcome letter signed by him. I am not the first Trip Advisor writer who experienced this "mistake."

4) There were other minor inconveniences. The air con in the gym did not work. If you are a Bikram enthusiast, then you were fine, but the temperature in the gym was 94F at 8AM in the morning and the air con was "on" and not working. Our phone and privacy light outside our villa were missing (the phone was ripped out) and the privacy light did not work so we never got much of a warning when turn down service would happen, merely someone opening the door to our villa.

5) The main pool was a bit disappointing. Yes, an infinity pool with a fab view, but quite small. Having said that, we practically had it to ourselves during the mid week stay. Service by the pool was spotty, but when staffed, was good. Loved the fresh fruit popsicles and the frozen mint towels brought to the pool.

6) Why would you close the only outdoor dining area on a Thursday AM from 7-10 AM for cleaning? The staff did a great job of cleaning the outside dining area at La Nao and scrubbed the heck out of the floor, why wouldn't you do this bright and early versus the peak time for breakfast? Wanted to enjoy our last breakfast outdoors on a beautiful sunny day and shooed inside as the cleaning did not stop until 10AM?

7) It took 25 minutes to check out as there were errors on our bill. I was trying to pay for things that were not on the bill, like my spa visit, and our driver actually left the hotel during the check out process. I was the only one checking out during that time. What happens when the property is full?

So, this is a great property, the staff is very nice and well trained, the villas are gorgeous with some of the best beds on the planet. I think with a bit more communication and thoughtfulness that while operating the entire resort when there are few guests are there is expensive, it's the experience those staying guests would expect, this property would continue to improve and attract more people who frankly are tentative about vacationing in the Acapulco area.

Room Tip: I tried to get a map with an accurate portrayal of which villas were oceanfront, ocean villa or gard...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ricardosua, Gerente at Banyan Tree Cabo Marques, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Mr. Greg,

Thank you once again for your comments.

As mentioned during our call yesterday, we really appreciate and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I will definetly follow up on the situations you have mentioned in order to prevent them from affecting other guests' experience at our humble property.

I hope to have the honor of welcoming you back at Banyan Tree Cabo Marques, su casa, in sunny Cabo Marques, Acapulco!

With warm regards,

Banyan Tree Cabo Marques
ricardo.suarez@banyantree.com

Been to Banyan Tree Cabo Marques? Share your experiences!