We have been huge Quinta Real fans for years and this hotel, Quinta Real Acapulco, is a disappointing exception to its "siblings" all across the Mexican Republic.. The "Master's Suites" are no suites at all. The day we arrived, we tried to call room service to ask for some ice (no ice around) but both telephones didn't work. We had to go to the front desk to ask for it and let them know our phones were not working. Next morning, to our surprise, there was only one waiter for all the guests having breakfast, and in July, it's not a very good idea. Breakfast is pricey but very good. We went out to do several errands and when we came back around 12:30pm, our room wasn't made. The service at the pool was excellent and food good, as long as you stay clear from the burger. I had an awful time, as this burger gave me a bout with terrible food poisoning. One of the nights, we ordered from room service, and were amazed by the extremely small amounts the orders served. I had the chicken tacos, which were more like tortillas bearing a dollop of chicken, no bigger than a tablespoon (a twenty-dollar tablespoon). No coffee machine available in our room, which, considering it was a Master Suite, is way below the "five-star rating" this hotel claims to have. Dinner menu at the restaurant is extremely expensive, adding to the fact that the fish for the dishes such as the sashimi and other raw fish dishes were nowhere close to fresh- and the hotel is located beachfront. The wine list as laden of cheap wines billed starting around $100 USD. The day we left, the phones were still not working, just as we found them the first night. This just speaks of an underachieving management team, outdated facilities and a lack of professionalism within the staff. I am even ashamed to write this review, as this hotel brings me good memories and great stays around the 90's. I am definitely not going back here. This hotel is not even the shadow of what it was only one decade ago, and, if I was asked, I would not even rate it at three stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the prestigious Punta Diamante beach area; breathtaking views of the ocean and near the International Convention Ctr. Accommodations: Master Suites Grand Class Suites Governor Suites Presidential Suite *Quinta Real Acapulco offers luxury accommodations. Each guestroom features baths with marble floors, satellite televisions, and great views. Restaurants & Bars: The gourmet restaurant serves elegant Mexican and international cuisine The Beach Club Restaurant serves ceviche and other grilled and seafood items The lobby bar offers evening cocktails and live music ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Quinta Real Acapulco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Real Acapulco Hotel Acapulco
- Quinta Real Hotel Acapulco
- Acapulco Quinta Real Hotel