“We love this hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows

Save Saved
You added Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows to your Saves list
Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Costera M. Aleman 178 | Frac. Magallanes, Acapulco 39670, Mexico   |
Ranked #31 of 177 hotels in Acapulco
Clive,Ia
“We love this hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2007

My husband I found this hotel by searching the web. We were delighted to find this hotel. We stayed in the bungalows, and enjoyed our privacy. The staff is very nice and the rooms were very clean.

• Liked — The Staff and management
  • Disliked — no dinner service
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vail Valley, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2004

When we checked in the guy at the reception was really rude and they charge me more than what they had told me when I made the reservation. It was high season in the month of August so I didn't have the patience and time to look for another hotel. The room was very small for the $80 dollars that we paid. the bathroom was tiny and very old style.
The pool was nice and the breakfast at the hotel restaurant next to it was very tasty also.
I don't think I will stay there again, though.

Toledo, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2004

Good budget property. This hotel was a good value even though it is not on the beach. The only complain I had was the nightly music that started after 9:00 and did not end till around 11:00, very loud for the early to bed people or those that like to read at night.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2004

I chose Hotel Sand's for a 10-day stay in Acapulco for three reasons: the advices I found on TripAdvisor, its low prices and its very nice web page.
I have to say that my first impression of the Sand's hotel, when I arrived there, was not good: my partner and I arrived during night time in Acapulco after an Air France flight cancelation (me) and a Copa Air baggage loss (her), so we were not in the right mood against this hotel (probably against ANY hotel...); our disappointment was also increased by the fact that the hotel was under slight restoration as it was low season when we stayed there (June 2004).
However, as the days passed we started appreciating the place (quiet and green) and the staff (always friendly and willing to help, and Juanita is an added value to the hotel). And, reading the (negative) comments of other TripAdvisor users about five-star hotels of Acapulco, I think that we made the right choice.
Bungalows (we were staying in one of them) are possibly a bit small, but clean and comfortable enough for two people; rooms are larger and all of them with the terrace. The hotel, which also has a swimming pool, is not on the beach but is close to it: you can get to the seaside by simply crossing the Avenida Costera. The hotel location is also very good: you are right in the centre of the Acapulco bay and you can reach any place in a few minutes by walking or by taxi.
In the end, my bottom line is: I think that Hotel Sand's is one of the best quality-to-price ratio hotels you can find in Acapulco.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2003

I have stayed and the Sands Hotel for the past 5 years and every year I enjoy it more. Its a very private place and the management sees to it that it stays that way.

• Stayed January 2005
West Monroe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2003

I have stayed at the Hotel Sands and find it really clean and comfortable. The Hotel is small but makes up for it with the people who work their. The management is ourgoing and friendly. The staff is super. The staff has been at the Hotel many years. The pool area is great for relaxation. It is right across the street from the beach. It is a SUPER VALUE! Try it.

• Stayed February 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2003

I`ve been in the Sands many times, and everytime I find it clean, affordable & fun. if you`re the kind of people who likes a quiet place, without springbreakers.. this is the place to be

Been to Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows

Sands Hotel Acapulco
Address: Costera M. Aleman 178 | Frac. Magallanes, Acapulco 39670, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Pacific Coast > Guerrero > Acapulco
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool
Ranked #31 of 177 hotels in Acapulco
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows 2.5*
HOTEL SANDS, UBICADO EN LA ZONA DORADA DE ACAPULCO, MUY CENTRICO, ES UN HOTEL PARA TODA LA FAMILIA, CUENTA CON HABITACIONES AMPLIAS PARA 3 O 4 PERSONAS, Y BUNGALOWS PARA 1 O 2 PERSONAS. EL HOTEL CUENTA CON ALBERCA, CHAPOTEADERO, MINI TOBOGAN, GOLFITO, ZONA DE JUEGOS PARA LOS NINOS, RESTAURANTE, Y ESTACIONAMIENTO (COSTO ADICIONAL). ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Venere, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.