“A good 1 star hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows

Save Saved
You added Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows to your Saves list
Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Costera M. Aleman 178 | Frac. Magallanes, Acapulco 39670, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #24 of 177 Hotels in Acapulco
Long Island City
“A good 1 star hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

That's a decent hotel, howver do not expect the kind of luxury that you would even find in a 2 star hotel. Most furniture looked old, but fulfilled their purpose.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

After 3 days lodging at the Acapulco Diana; where I have stayed for years I decided it was time for a change of scenery. The Sands sits aproximately three blocks directly east on the main drag and I was lucky to get a rate of 58.85 for my own bungalow. When paying with a credit card I later found out that it went down to 53.00 after the conversion rate. The bungalows sit on their own block directly behind the hotel complex. You actually cross a quiet street behind the hotel and enter a wrought iron gate(which is closed and monitored at night) and you feel like you have your OWN house in a lush well manicured tropical rain forest. The grounds are spectacular with lush foilage and tropical plants. They have spent a fortune on the landscaping. Two weeks ago the city was almost empty and I had both hotels practically to myself. The pool was spotless and the service in my bungalow was great. The was ample closet space and a small refrigerator. There was cable TV and cold air conditioning. Strong water pressure and lots of hot water. The beds were extremely comfortable which was my reason for leaving the Motel Diana where my bed was as hard as granite. Due to the location you could have had visitors or several people crashing in the room and no one would have noticed and I got the impression no one even cared. I was told that during the hiatus in Dec-Jan that the prices ARE higher but my only opportunity to visit is in summer or late fall and most resorts and hotels sit idle and I would imagine lose money. I don't know how they do it on such a limited season. From this trip forward I will be BACK to the SANDS. For the price and the great attention that I was given I felt it was a true bargain!!!

• Liked — facing the ocean boulevard and the lush gardens
  • Disliked — nothing negative
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2007

I have stayed here 3 times and it is great. You can't beat the price. Beautiful and relaxing pool area. Great place if you have small children, lots for them to do. Tome is the sweetest waitress and works very hard to please all. The bungalows are cozy but very quiet and comfortable. Staff works very hard to make everything right for you. ex: when I arrived my air conditioner was not working properly, we told maintenance and they replaces it within an hour. The beach is just across the street.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Clive,Ia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2007

My husband I found this hotel by searching the web. We were delighted to find this hotel. We stayed in the bungalows, and enjoyed our privacy. The staff is very nice and the rooms were very clean.

• Liked — The Staff and management
  • Disliked — no dinner service
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vail Valley, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2004

When we checked in the guy at the reception was really rude and they charge me more than what they had told me when I made the reservation. It was high season in the month of August so I didn't have the patience and time to look for another hotel. The room was very small for the $80 dollars that we paid. the bathroom was tiny and very old style.
The pool was nice and the breakfast at the hotel restaurant next to it was very tasty also.
I don't think I will stay there again, though.

Toledo, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2004

Good budget property. This hotel was a good value even though it is not on the beach. The only complain I had was the nightly music that started after 9:00 and did not end till around 11:00, very loud for the early to bed people or those that like to read at night.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2004

I chose Hotel Sand's for a 10-day stay in Acapulco for three reasons: the advices I found on TripAdvisor, its low prices and its very nice web page.
I have to say that my first impression of the Sand's hotel, when I arrived there, was not good: my partner and I arrived during night time in Acapulco after an Air France flight cancelation (me) and a Copa Air baggage loss (her), so we were not in the right mood against this hotel (probably against ANY hotel...); our disappointment was also increased by the fact that the hotel was under slight restoration as it was low season when we stayed there (June 2004).
However, as the days passed we started appreciating the place (quiet and green) and the staff (always friendly and willing to help, and Juanita is an added value to the hotel). And, reading the (negative) comments of other TripAdvisor users about five-star hotels of Acapulco, I think that we made the right choice.
Bungalows (we were staying in one of them) are possibly a bit small, but clean and comfortable enough for two people; rooms are larger and all of them with the terrace. The hotel, which also has a swimming pool, is not on the beach but is close to it: you can get to the seaside by simply crossing the Avenida Costera. The hotel location is also very good: you are right in the centre of the Acapulco bay and you can reach any place in a few minutes by walking or by taxi.
In the end, my bottom line is: I think that Hotel Sand's is one of the best quality-to-price ratio hotels you can find in Acapulco.

Been to Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!