“Better customer service needed!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Costera Miguel Aleman 2311, Acapulco 39690, Mexico (Formerly Fiesta Inn Acapulco)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #34 of 177 Hotels in Acapulco
Dubai
“Better customer service needed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel is on the water, but not really on a beach, just some rocks that lead down to the water. Our room was large with a decent balcony that overlooked the beautiful view. However, the AC unit in our room was not working at all. It was on the coldest setting and was like an oven in the room. I called the front desk and they didn't understand me over the phone, so I went down and asked them to send maintenance up. Maintenance came with another AC unit on a trolley. They literally ripped our unit out of the wall and replaced it with another one! First time I have ever seen a maintenance issue dealt with like that!

After a few hours it became evident that this unit also wasn't working. We are from Dubai and used to heat but it was so humid and unbearable in our room, I again went and complained to the desk staff. I requested a different room and was told there were none available. I asked what the solution was and they didn't have one, I just had to put up with the room.

We sweltered for 2 nights. It was so hot we couldn't sleep in the room. Other people on our tour apparently had freezing rooms as their ACs were working too well! I was very disappointed by the attitude of the reception staff and as a result would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Also try the 100% Natural hotel across the street - best food I had the whole time we were in Mexico...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear travelchickuae,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with your room accommodation and the service you received. We take all feedback seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

It took 45 mins to check into our room. When we got to the room, the sink was clogged, the safe was locked, and there were not enough towels. After 30 mins, and several trips to the desk.. the problems were corrected. The following day we were waiting for an important phone call....we never received the call because the phone was unplugged. When we went down for breakfast, I was unable to close the check to the room because of "no credit". To come to find out...this should have been a option that was told to me at check in. I asked to speak to the manager, but there wasnt one. I asked the desk to leave a note that I'd like to speak to him/her the following day...never heard from the manager. We went down for the dinner buffet an hour before it closed, the food was not refreshed until I had to ask. The check out process took 30mins!!!

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Lynn G,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you taking time to help us to continually improve our guests experience.

I am sorry to hear the trouble you had during your visit. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience our level of service has caused you and for the dissatisfaction you had with our front desk staff. We regret the poor experience and service issues you have encountered.

Dhan M
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Aside from the location, the hotel itself was mediocre. The breakfast buffet was sub-par with limited selection. What was there didn't taste fantastic, but wasn't bad. The front desk was a little inexperienced and check-in/check-out took longer then needed. The pools were nice and the pool bar was alright. Once again, over-priced and the selection was limited. I did have an employee white card so the price was reduced so for our price ($29) it was do-able.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Alex C,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Acapulco.

Karen G.
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel was fine. We had a little trouble with the bath but they pretty much fixed it. The place was clean and the people very friendly.

Before we visited Acapulco we had read all these nasty things about the crime, corruption etc. We thought - oh those people must have been looking for trouble. oh those people are exaggerating. During our brief stay in Acapulco we were the ONLY Americans we saw. And we know why...

What is the word - fleeced, robbed, extorted ? We were coerced into paying 3000 pesos to 2 policeman for some bogus traffic infraction. What else can you really do in such a situation ?

That was our first and last visit to Acapulco. Mexico is a beautiful, big country. There are a lot of other more civilized places to visit.

No wonder the cruise lines stopped going there 3 years ago...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear chuck s,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I was delighted to read your review and your very kind comments regarding the team here at the hotel and the facilities on offer. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Amazing view, could see the main beach right from my bed with a nice balcony to enjoy it from. A short walk down to the beach or you can watch it all happen from the pool. The hotel itself was clean, comfortable and well furnished. The staff were friendly and security outside at all times. Very nice hotel, highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel is not up to Holday Inn standards. The hotel has great potentual and the views from the oceanview rooms and from the pool and restaurant areas is million dollar. The staff is friendly enough but not very aggressive. I sat out by the pool daily and never did a server make an effort to take my order without me waiving them down.

I booked 3 adjacent rooms. again Views are great! One of the rooms had a broken shower and after requesting a repair daily it was never fixed. I found a dead roach in the light over my shower and called to have it removed after the second day, again the eye for detail seems to be missing.
The common areas, hallways are hot and moldly smelling, no ventilation. Check out process could use some help, this should be a quick process.
Flat Screen TV offered good selection of programing in English and Spanish.
My air conditioner never cooled down the room to a comfortable level and it was at times noisy.
The first night during my stay all of the lights in the room spontaniously came on all at one time ? short in electricity.
For the price the view helps make the other negatives seem less important. That said I woudl not choose to stay here again.
The pools are great to look at, but I did not see anyone shower off to remove tanning products prior to entering the pool, there is a visable level of scum around the water level and the tiles in the pool don't seem clean.
Sea Food buffet on Saturday was very good both in quality and value. Also I had a hamburger one day that was great! so kitchen met expecations.
I hope Holiday Inn realizes the potentual of this location and cranks this place up, it could be great.

Room Tip: Pay for the Ocean View, both sides of the hotel offer interesting city/ocean views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Alex760,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our valued guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I am glad to read you liked the views and seafood buffet on Saturdays. However, I am sorry some aspects did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of the facilities, cleanliness of the property and some aspects of our hotel staff service. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Zelyn N
Amsterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This tower used to be part of the old El Presidente. They fully renovated it a few yeas ago and I must say they did an impressive job. Except for the fact that there is no central air conditioning (each room has its own system, which can be noisy), it is almost impossible to tell this building is 50 years old.

==

Cons

- Staff is mostly terrible. Check-in took 30 minutes and check-out 20 even when there were no outstanding bills and I called the reception 30 minutes before going downstairs. Moreover, upon check-in I wanted to use the priority lane for Frequent members and so I approached an available fat big curly guy who told me "sorry, priority lane not available today" and took out the sign on my face.

- Toilet smells terrible.

- They allowed me to enter my room only at 5 pm instead of 3 pm. Reason was that other guests did not check out on time. They made their problem my problem.

- They gave me the keys to THREE rooms that were BUSY or undone. Excuse was poor communication with the maids who miss informed the staff at the front desk of what was actually available and what was not.

- Buffet breakfast is terrible - if you want a fresh natural juice, you need to pay extra. All the buffet includes is can / box juice...

Pros

- Renovation in the pool areas is outstanding. They did a good job with the two new pools one of which is a gorgeous infinitum one.

- Location is great, right on the center of the main bay. If you are looking for a more modern version of Acapulco, you don't need to ve in the main bay but in the Diamante area. The main bay is old but they have done a great job in keeping it up to date.

- Rooms are larger than in most other hotels in the area. Also, they are fully renovated in a nice way with LCDs and good beds. All rooms have at leas side Sea views are good but front ones are great - frontal ones come at an extra cost.

==

Overall, there is clear lack of leadership in this hotel. As I said, physically the hotel is in pretty good shape, it is just the service what makes it horrible.

Room Tip: - Ask for a room as closer to the front as possible, preferably to the left side overlooks the newer...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco? Share your experiences!