“Need dusted off” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco

You added Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Costera Miguel Aleman 2311, Acapulco 39690, Mexico (Formerly Fiesta Inn Acapulco)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #12 of 179 Hotels in Acapulco
Tampa, Florida
“Need dusted off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel is not up to Holday Inn standards. The hotel has great potentual and the views from the oceanview rooms and from the pool and restaurant areas is million dollar. The staff is friendly enough but not very aggressive. I sat out by the pool daily and never did a server make an effort to take my order without me waiving them down.

I booked 3 adjacent rooms. again Views are great! One of the rooms had a broken shower and after requesting a repair daily it was never fixed. I found a dead roach in the light over my shower and called to have it removed after the second day, again the eye for detail seems to be missing.
The common areas, hallways are hot and moldly smelling, no ventilation. Check out process could use some help, this should be a quick process.
Flat Screen TV offered good selection of programing in English and Spanish.
My air conditioner never cooled down the room to a comfortable level and it was at times noisy.
The first night during my stay all of the lights in the room spontaniously came on all at one time ? short in electricity.
For the price the view helps make the other negatives seem less important. That said I woudl not choose to stay here again.
The pools are great to look at, but I did not see anyone shower off to remove tanning products prior to entering the pool, there is a visable level of scum around the water level and the tiles in the pool don't seem clean.
Sea Food buffet on Saturday was very good both in quality and value. Also I had a hamburger one day that was great! so kitchen met expecations.
I hope Holiday Inn realizes the potentual of this location and cranks this place up, it could be great.

Room Tip: Pay for the Ocean View, both sides of the hotel offer interesting city/ocean views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Alex760,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our valued guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I am glad to read you liked the views and seafood buffet on Saturdays. However, I am sorry some aspects did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of the facilities, cleanliness of the property and some aspects of our hotel staff service. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Amsterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This tower used to be part of the old El Presidente. They fully renovated it a few yeas ago and I must say they did an impressive job. Except for the fact that there is no central air conditioning (each room has its own system, which can be noisy), it is almost impossible to tell this building is 50 years old.

==

Cons

- Staff is mostly terrible. Check-in took 30 minutes and check-out 20 even when there were no outstanding bills and I called the reception 30 minutes before going downstairs. Moreover, upon check-in I wanted to use the priority lane for Frequent members and so I approached an available fat big curly guy who told me "sorry, priority lane not available today" and took out the sign on my face.

- Toilet smells terrible.

- They allowed me to enter my room only at 5 pm instead of 3 pm. Reason was that other guests did not check out on time. They made their problem my problem.

- They gave me the keys to THREE rooms that were BUSY or undone. Excuse was poor communication with the maids who miss informed the staff at the front desk of what was actually available and what was not.

- Buffet breakfast is terrible - if you want a fresh natural juice, you need to pay extra. All the buffet includes is can / box juice...

Pros

- Renovation in the pool areas is outstanding. They did a good job with the two new pools one of which is a gorgeous infinitum one.

- Location is great, right on the center of the main bay. If you are looking for a more modern version of Acapulco, you don't need to ve in the main bay but in the Diamante area. The main bay is old but they have done a great job in keeping it up to date.

- Rooms are larger than in most other hotels in the area. Also, they are fully renovated in a nice way with LCDs and good beds. All rooms have at leas side Sea views are good but front ones are great - frontal ones come at an extra cost.

==

Overall, there is clear lack of leadership in this hotel. As I said, physically the hotel is in pretty good shape, it is just the service what makes it horrible.

Room Tip: - Ask for a room as closer to the front as possible, preferably to the left side overlooks the newer...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Holiday Inn took over Fiesta Inn a couple of years ago and things have changed. The rooms now have a very good safety box and the Internet is working very well.
Many of the old staff have been retained, it is unfortunate that their new training does not require them as to be as courteous as they have been in the past and they are less prone to take initiative and responsibility when poor behaviour by guests demands it. Although basic facilities have clearly improved service has not which is unfortunate as the hotel has good potential for growing its customer base. Areas that need immediate attention for people to consider going back there would be avoidance of very loud rock music in the pool area as early as 9:30 am, lack of control of guest behaviour in the pool areas with people taking food and drinks into the pool and going in with inappropriate clothing. In this respect although the hotel has rules to avoid this behaviour the provision of one guard is woefully inadequate. If you want to complain forget it! Neither talking to local management nor Holiday Inn head office had a positive reaction. Pity as it is a very privileged location, we stayed here when it was Fiesta Inn for more than three occasions. We like it because it is small, friendly and used to be family oriented and quiet. We think Holiday Inn need to review their staff and the values they want to bring to this place.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Matebel,

Thank you for your valuable insights. Your willingness to spare some of your time to relay your comments is genuinely appreciated. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for your dissatisfaction on some of our products and services. I would like to assure you that we take each comment seriously as it has always been our goal to deliver only the best quality services and facilities. Rest assured your concerns will be looked into.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I Just left the Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco. The experience was pretty good. Sharon @ the front desk and Alejandro from the restaurant where really helpful. This was not my first time in Acapulco so I had enough time to actually see and feel the hotel. Rooms are very clean, we stayed at a deluxe room with full ocean view. It was nice, the bed was more than awesome! The bathroom features a bath tub which works great for a regular size person. Some conts of the HIR are: the hallways have a strange smell (not digusting but strange) the bathroom feels a bit old, and finally the hotel has a towel re-use program which encourages the guest to keep on using the same towels during the whole stay. If you want to have new and clean towela wvery day you have to leave the used ones in the floor and the maid will take care. If you drive into the hotel please make sure to call the valet parking service at least 20 mins before leaving because they take forever to bring your car. I will come back to this Hotel, thats cor sure!

• Stayed April 2012
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have stayed at the Fiesta several times with a small group of adults and students.
The hotel was clean and the service was good. We ate at nearby resauturants Sanbourns or Vips. The beach area is beautiful but a not easily accessable. The ocean near the hotel is not safe for families in my opinion. It is a little rough for small children and teenagers who are adventuresome. Dangerous I believe. I thought the rooms and beds were great with great views in the right location . Some rooms just face into other hotels. The pool area in small but the sister hotel Fiesta americana is close by a hundred yards down the street with a gigantic pool area and much much nicer and safer beach area. Between the use of the rooms in the Fiesta Inn and the Pool and beach in the Fiesta Americana it can work out great . for the average traveler. So if the price right I recommend it. It is modern , clean middle of everything and well priced. I don't think you will be disappointed. Like any hotel , the quality of the stay depends as well on the other guests near you. Acapulco is so much different than Cancun, More locals with families and less Americans. It is a big city with much to do and see much more Mexico flavor than Cancun. As one who has traveled to Mexico 30 times I can assure you that the Mexico's culture has moved much closer to Americas and no large resort city seems to have a Mexico charm. However the people still do have a special warmth not found other places.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

After a terrible experience at a different hotel nearby, we moved to the Fiesta Inn for the remainder of our Acapulco stay. We had a very pleasant stay at a reasonable price.

One of the best things about the hotel is its location -- it's right on the coast and you can walk to a lot of restaurants, stores, and bars. I also loved the pool -- you could order a drink from the bar and enjoy the wonderful view of the beach from the edge of the pool. They also had a decent beach which wasn't too crowded.

The food at the restaurant is good, not the best I've ever had but quite good for the price. We only had a couple meals there; most of the time we'd walk to nearby restaurants.

The room was clean and they had a TV, A/C, and a coffeemaker. We had a balcony with a nice view. One time the balcony door got stuck and we couldn't get it open, but the maintenance guy came reasonably quickly and fixed it.

I would definitely consider staying here again on my next visit to Acapulco.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

We were supposed to stay here for 4 nights, but checked out after 2 nights because our digital camera was stolen from our room while we were out having breakfast. We are sure we left the camera on the nightstand before we left and when we returned, it was no longer there. We notified the managers and they came up to our room, #1205, and searched through all our stuff, because I guess they thought we were lying about no longer having our camera, then left us waiting in the room for about 4 hours while they did some "investigation" about what happened to our camera. In the end they said they checked the record of who had entered the room and saw that only us and the cleaning had entered, and nothing looked abnormal. When we returned from breakfast, the cleaning lady (Elvira) was in the room next to our ours and had just finished in our room. Elvira is supposedly the only one who had been in our room while we were out, so she is the only one who could have stolen our camera. THE MANAGERS TOLD US IT WAS OUR FAULT SINCE WE DIDN'T PUT THE CAMERA IN THE SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX. Then when we tried to check out that day, they tried to charge us for another night since it was past checkout time, but the only reason we had stayed was because they told to us to wait while they did an "investigation". The bottom line is: The staff here doesn't care about your rights. You cannot trust them.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple