This tower used to be part of the old El Presidente. They fully renovated it a few yeas ago and I must say they did an impressive job. Except for the fact that there is no central air conditioning (each room has its own system, which can be noisy), it is almost impossible to tell this building is 50 years old.
- Staff is mostly terrible. Check-in took 30 minutes and check-out 20 even when there were no outstanding bills and I called the reception 30 minutes before going downstairs. Moreover, upon check-in I wanted to use the priority lane for Frequent members and so I approached an available fat big curly guy who told me "sorry, priority lane not available today" and took out the sign on my face.
- Toilet smells terrible.
- They allowed me to enter my room only at 5 pm instead of 3 pm. Reason was that other guests did not check out on time. They made their problem my problem.
- They gave me the keys to THREE rooms that were BUSY or undone. Excuse was poor communication with the maids who miss informed the staff at the front desk of what was actually available and what was not.
- Buffet breakfast is terrible - if you want a fresh natural juice, you need to pay extra. All the buffet includes is can / box juice...
- Renovation in the pool areas is outstanding. They did a good job with the two new pools one of which is a gorgeous infinitum one.
- Location is great, right on the center of the main bay. If you are looking for a more modern version of Acapulco, you don't need to ve in the main bay but in the Diamante area. The main bay is old but they have done a great job in keeping it up to date.
- Rooms are larger than in most other hotels in the area. Also, they are fully renovated in a nice way with LCDs and good beds. All rooms have at leas side Sea views are good but front ones are great - frontal ones come at an extra cost.
Overall, there is clear lack of leadership in this hotel. As I said, physically the hotel is in pretty good shape, it is just the service what makes it horrible.
You have no recent hotel searches.