“A trip I will never forget” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Royal Acapulco

You added Park Royal Acapulco to your Saves list
Park Royal Acapulco
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av Costera Guitarron No. 110 Fracc. Playa Guitarron | Fracc. Playa Guitarron, Acapulco 39880, Mexico   |
Ranked #47 of 178 Hotels in Acapulco
Knoxville, TN
“A trip I will never forget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

My boyfriend & I decided to come to Acapulco as our last trip before we had our baby. Everyone treated us with respect & really made us feel welcome. The views out our window were breath taking. The italian restaraunt was delicioso. I loved the bars inside the pool, even though I could not partake. All the pool games were so much fun too, I've never had so much fun playing beach volleyball, going on the banana, & going on jet ski rides. We will definately return to Park Royal very soon because it is such an inviting environment!!!! Thank you to the whole staff for making us feel like family.

• Liked — The hospitality
  • Disliked — The hills ;)
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

We stayed at the Park Royal December 28-31, 2008. It was a total last minute decision (we booked the room on the 27th) and decided that during this very high season the Park Royal at about $500 a night all inclusive was the best deal (other hotels in the area were running $350 a night without any meals or drink) for 5 adults and 2 kids.

The location is good. It is just outside of the main drag but easy enough to get there.

The layout of this hotel is really convulted. In my opinion they can do a much better job with sinage to get you from here to there, the hallways and especially stairways can be much better lit even in daytime they are very dim. The elevators do not service every floor and you often have to walk quite a way to get to the next elevator that will (hopefully) get you to where you are going. Additionally some areas are not accessible by stairways so you are forced to wait for the elevators.

We stayed in room 1514 in Margarita building and the room was akward. The bathroom was tiny, there was only about 2 feet of the tub you could access the rest was behind a wall. There was also only about a foot clearance between the bed and desk making access to the suitcase stand difficult. The beds were very small doubles. Also the hairdryer didn't work. My family stayed in 1514 and that had goofy pillars which truncated the room from the balcony access.

I asked several times for a lock for the safe and they didn't have any. None of the staff seemed to have great English although I speak Spanish so it wasn't a huge problem for me.

Note there is no ATM on property (although the desk does change money), no refrigerators or room service.

There were some pleasant surprises: A nice relatively private (no vendors) beach which was big for the area and flat. The food was of above average quality however there was not a lot of variety. There are only 3 restaurants- one buffet for breakfast and dinner, one a la carte for dinner only, and one al la carte/buffet for lunch only. If you are there for more than a few days I imagine it will get very old. It is also leans toward Mexican cuisine. There is not a lot of typical kid food either. For example the only kid option at the fish place is nuggets. There are one or 2 options at dinner. The grill has pizza, burgers and hotdogs. The liquor is of above average quality for all inclusives (Wyporova vodka, appelton estates rum). We gave the bartender a $10 peso tip every other order and had great drinks.

Some small things that could have improved the experience- more soft drink stations there is no drink station near the snack bar, you have to go to the pool bar on the other side of the pool! The few soft drink stations that they do have feature only juice no soda you have to stand in line at the bar for that. More lighting and a decent map of the place.

For a last minute getway it was a good value and decent place. It is not at the top of my list or the bottom. I would not stay for more than 4 or 5 days and definitely plan on leaving the property for a few meals.

• Liked — Beach!
  • Disliked — The convulted layout and inaccesibilty
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Courtenay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2008

My fiance and I stayed at this all inclusive several months ago in the fall. I really did not want to go to Acapulco as I had heard about all the dangers in the media. My fiance had always dreamt of going to see the cliff divers, so off we go.

We flew on the red eye from Vancouver and got to Acapulco @ ten in the morning. The hotel had our room ready for us right away & Pedro booked us to see the cliff divers the next day. We also told him we were uninterested in the timeshare and not once were we bothered by ANYONE!!

Our room was nice & always kept very clean & plenty of towels by the maid. Yes, the bed was from the Flinstones, but yet have I found a bed that wasn't rock hard in Mexico. The air conditioning was super quiet and there was always enough hot water.

We spent 9 wonderful days at the Park Royal. We enjoyed the food. The buffet in morning had fresh fruit & a wonderful omelette station. At lunch we ate at El pescador where they had such fresh fish on the menu....as well as a buffet & grill station where the chef would cook anything to your order. Then at night we made reservations at the Italian restaurant . The waiters there were impeccable with their service. Very classy. If we wanted we could eat outside with a breathtaking view, however , it was a little too humid for me in October. Regarding the pool grill or snack bar...yeah, it lacked luster but why even bother with junk food?

We really got to use our spanish skills & the staff were most helpful and happy to hear our attempts at their beautiful language. Park Royal was so clean...I couldn't get over how exceptional everything was!!

We went out and about in Acapulco...sometimes during the day and a couple times late into the evening...I never felt threatened or scared....ever. The city of Acapulco is friendly and the atmosphere was so festive even in sleepy October...I also found the shopping of alot of things very inexpensive...

The ocean was clean & warm. The pool was also very warm...October is a lovely time to visit Acapulco.

Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Mcallen, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2008

We went the week of Nov. 24 - Dec. 1 the stay was alright.
The staff needs to be friendlier!!! We all spoke spanish, but they are not as nice as in other hotels in Mexico. The food was good and had a lot of choices. The snack bar was horrible!!!!!!! The way you get to the pool took along time, the train (trolly) that transported you there one was broken, got fixed and then got some people stuck for half and hour. The rooms are clean and the cleaning staff is very nice. Overall it was a good trip.

• Liked — rooms were clean
  • Disliked — staff was not nice and outgoing!!!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2008

We stayed at the Park Royal from 10/25 to 11/1. I must say that I was not expecting much from the Park Royal but I have to say that I was extremely surprised by the hotel. We stayed in a two bedroom suite which was terrific. Plenty of room and a great view. The staff was most accomadating and you must ask for Vincente at the pool bar. Great guy, tell him Billy says Hola.
All inclusive is not my cup of tea but I will say that the breakfast and lunch is good. The italian resturant is excellent, make sure you do not where flip flops their not allowed. The hotel is immaculate the staff is always cleaning.
As for Roberto you could not ask for a better driver and guide. He is very knowledgeable and accomdating. Always a professional.

• Liked — The cleanliness and staff
  • Disliked — In all honesty there was nothing not to like
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Detroit, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

We had a wonderful time at this all-inclusive hotel. This is Acapulco, Mexico, my friends, so if you are expecting steak and potatoes, don't cross the border. If you like Mexican food, however, real Mexican food, you will enjoy this hotel that won't break the bank. The ceviche at the El Pescador was awesome! The room was small but clean; the staff friendly and helpful. Not everyone speaks English here, but if they are smiling and anxious to please, who cares? Word of caution- just say "No" kindly but firmly to the time share folks and they will leave you alone. The activities at the pool in the afternoon made the crowd merry, and everyone had a good time. If you want to explore town, taxis are cheap, but the bus offers the best experience, and at 35 cents, who can beat it? Liquor is cheaper outside of town, close to the airport. We bought Kahlua there for a better price than at the WalMart in town, and at an "upscale" looking store. All in all, we had a wonderful time at the Park Royal, and we will be recommending it to all of our friends.

• Liked — Great food, friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Beach closes at 8 p.m..
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

The overall customer service at this hotel is absolutely terrible. The front desk staff spoke very little english and making arrangements and obtaining information was difficult. When we checked in to our room we discovered three light bulbs were burned out. After reminding the Front Desk three times the bulbs were finally replaced. During our stay we had no hot water, after reminding the Front Desk four times late the next day they finally fixed the problem. On two mornings we awoke to rat droppings in our room. We spoke to the Front Desk and they showed no interest at all. The food quality in the All Inclusive restaurants was terrible. In short, stay at your own risk. Not For Me.

• Liked — Juan, the kind gentleman who took our luggage to our tirrible room.
  • Disliked — Rat Droppings in our room on two different mornings.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Park Royal Acapulco? Share your experiences!