“Great view” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ritz Acapulco

You added Ritz Acapulco to your Saves list
Ritz Acapulco
2.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Costera Miguel Aleman, 159, Acapulco 39670, Mexico   |
Ranked #25 of 178 Hotels in Acapulco
Cannington, Canada
“Great view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I agree with everyone about the view. Hotel room was clean and very basic. I travel a lot south and to Mexico - went to Cancun the month before. I found the food at this hotel horrible. We like to go to Mexico becaue the food is usually excellent. Breakfast depended on the cook at the time - eggs were usually burnt on the bottum and raw on the top - bread was toasted on the same grill...lunch was good...but dinner wasn't much better than breakfast. There wasn't much selection. The service in the restaurants were excellent though (the few times we ate here) In the week we stayed we might have eaten at the hotel 7 times. They have one alacart but don't let you know about it - it was only open one night. Heard the food in there was really good. Paid $68.00 u.s. for the dinner/cliff divers show. The show was really good but the dinner wasn't. I had Chicken Parmesan (it had no cheese on it - I mean none) and my husband had chicken fajitas (the chicken was burnt and inedible and came without tortilias) He didn't eat any of it and they never asked if wanted something else. We had a great time using the local buses though and trying to find places to eat. One place we would recomment would be Jimmy's - down by the Walmart. And there is a restaurant/bar down the beach - can't remember the name of it but the Corona was cheap and the whole bbq snapper was good. The beds were really hard - we had to get up at 2 am and take an advil so we could get out of bed at 7 am lol

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Hotel Ritz shares nothing in common with a more famous hotel chain of similar name besides the presences of beds. I suspect that the raving review of this hotel are written by friends and employees. True, the sliding glass wall in our room that faced the ocean could not be beat.We don't normally spring for ocean front views because we don't spend much time in our room but it was a nice feature, however the room itself felt like a motel. The bathroom was clean but everything was old. The tub was chipped, the faucet dripped, the light fixtures buzzed. We were provided shampoo and soap. Me, expecting a Ritz-like experience, did not pack a hairdryer or conditioner. Problem.The room was basic, the mattress uncomfortable and the bedspread polyester.
The pool is clean and pretty. We arrived on a Wednesday and had the pool virtually to ourselves. By Friday, there were 150 people in the pool. One of the things I love about Mexicans is that they love to have fun. The music at the pool was pumping and a troupe of hotel employees frequently rounded the pool to entice guests into a game of water volleyball or polo. Sometimes they were in crazy costumes. It was fun but always noisy and the whistle blowing was incessant.
The food was ok though the service was fine. Mexican night in the restaurant was the best, naturally. There is no pool service, in fact, you can't even take food to the pool.
We needed to quick and inexpensive get-away after a crazy summer of packing up our house and moving to a new state. Hotel Ritz fit the bill but was definitely not the 5-Dot experience others seemed to have had.
The travel warnings issued by the US government have done their job of keeping Americans away. We only saw 2 other American groups. The city fills with Mexican tourists on the weekend which we loved. We don't go on vacation to foreign countries to see the same people we live with. We like meeting local people and having an opportunity to practice our Spanish. We had no trouble anywhere and hired a local cab driver to show us around. I highly recommend doing that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
d.f.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

beautiful! I`VE TO SAY THAT it was such a great experience, to be in one of the best hotels in this place, such great moments i spent there, for couples or group of friends, there is no other place you can enjoy more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Great property with excellent service.It was a great pleasure to visit this property once again and I was at all disappointed with any part of the 3 day visit. The Hotel is right on the beach and the hotel offers much in the way of guidance as well as help on local issues. The shape of the beach also makes it very safe. Great destination

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I just came back from an all-inc week at the Ritz. I had a blast!!! The service could not have been better!! The food was good, the drinks were great, they use premium tequila at the bar and even stock bacardi rum! The rooms were clean and the view spectacular!
I would totally go back. Acapulco is way more Mexican than say Cancun or Mayan Riviera... There is so much to see and do and there are actually Mexicans at the resort and around town (as opposed to the red faced drunken idiots that usually fill up Mexico all-incs).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and myself spent at Ritz an amazing week in the beginning of January 2012. Wish us to stay there for another two - three weeks! Location - right on the beach! Ocean view room (guarantied!) - unforgettable view of the Acapulco Bay and its shore line. The bay's shaped a horseshoe like and Ritz is in the middle thus from the balcony one can enjoy a lot of this fabulous scenery. Room - we liked it! Without any "buts". TV set - pretty decent, a lot of channels in English though no one comes to Caribbean to watch movies or TV shows. Two elevators (we were on the 7th floor) - there wasn't any problem with them within our stay there. Food - good I'd even say - very good! My wife and I love cooking our self and we know how to do that in a gourmet way. Those who disliked the food there I know very well the type - at home they consume "pizza delivery", microwavable artificial dishes and probably Cora (the best case scenario). My family's art of eating - no carbs. After staying at Ritz for that week without of depriving our self from anything (except carbs) we didn't gain a pound! More ever - upon returning home I found in a few days - another three pounds were gone. Once on the beach we bought a take out sea food salad from a beach vendor just out of curiosity 'cause we both are always very glad to explore some new for us local recipes. We found it commendable and later on I prepared this salad four or even five times at home.
The stuff and hence the service in general - very well balanced - not over sweetly annoying because of your tips like some where in D.R. but yet attentive. I only thought for a moment of my glass being empty as some one of the waiters came up with wine (or beer). Save that and think - you like the people and they will like you and the opposite - you dislike them and they will feel it and pay you back with the same. A bartender is not a lackey or your personal valet but just one of the workers of the hotel's stuff, just respect him (or her) and you will be respected back. My wife and I usually used to seat on the beach under the palm trees right behind the pool bar and hence on the lower level. The bartender (Senor Ventura) used to watch our glasses were always full saying usually: "Stay sitting, Pablo, I'll bring them myself". That was nice. And all other guys were nice as well.
And now an another few words regarding the location. Front - beach. Rear - city and a lovely one! It is apparently needles to say - Acapulco is classy. More over - cross the street a very decent big mall. On our side there was (and is) a very good convenience store, a few steps further on a Senor Frog's Store selling shirts and t-shirts of very good quality. But don't go to the flea market. On my opinion - very bad quality and the vendors tried to fool me - a stupid and rich millionaire. Apparently this negative was that very exception that only approves the rule. The city has a lot of what we have home - Starbucks coffee shops, the brunches of Scotia bank, Walmart and cetera. Once at the hotel we took a cab (attributed to Ritz) and Miguel (the cab man speaking pretty decent English) showed us all parts of the city that I ordered and even more for 30$ only + he took pictures of us and shot video (while not driving of course).
The guests in the hotel were about two tens of our country men. We recall now an elderly couple from Montreal, they keep coming to Ritz for years. Another couple (to the best of my recollection - from Burlington ON) they come every year for two weeks (I envy them). There were some Germans as well. We spent together some time with a certain Andreas from Ingolstadt (Audi) his English was fine. Later on when the weekend came there came to Ritz a lot of Mexicans with kids for two three days stay. But my wife and I - we love kids and they presence made the whole atmosphere just lovelier. We even got acquainted with a relatively young Mexican couple and spent with them three evenings. Arturo teaches English in a certain University his wife Vivian does the same in an elementary school. They came to Acapulco from some other place with their little lovely daughter and Vivian's mother. In the late hours Vivian's mom took the little girl to the room and we four spent together evenings at the bar till late midnight (love music every day there!). Nice couple.
We didn't even tried to reserve a la carte - the buffet and the snacks were enough for us. To those loving alcohol I say: go ahead - no problem - the bartenders are pretty generous there - but know your own limits - first night there I consumed a bit more than I should.
Before the flight back home it was very funny to learn that the neighboring flight to Montreal is two hours late because of a heavy snow fall. Snow fall! Staying out side of the airport building at the moment one cannot imagine any snow at all!
Nice memories!
For the yet dissatisfied I'll say: go to 5* stars! 25 - 30 hundred per a week per a nose (for example Georgetown on the Bahamas) go ahead, mister! One cannot expect to be surrounded with a regiment of lackeys for 600.
To every one - enjoy Ritz Acapulco Hotel de Playa!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel Feb 8 - 22nd 2012.
We have been staying at this hotel for 25+ years it has become like a home away from home and we have grown up with all of the wonderful staff over the years. Every year we get together with the same tourists, at the same time and meet more friends who join in our love for this friendly little hotel.
The location of this hotel is perfect right on one of the nicest beaches in Acapulco, close to shopping, restaurants and Papyago Park. The hotel is older but immaculately clean, rooms are big, bright and most rooms have a breathtaking view of the bay.
The hotel is all inclusive and very reasonably priced. We love the convenience of the all inclusive. It is nice to get up in the morning and not have to tromp around looking for an egg and a toast and the beautiful breakfast buffet has it all plus more. At lunch they have fantastic burgers, fries, pizza in the Fiesta Bar plus the full luncheon buffet in the Villa Linda. In the evening the buffet is theme based i.e. Italian Night, Mexican Night, International Night, the food is very good at this hotel. The a la carte restuarant La Cava is always a special treat serving filet mignon or shrimp and pasta and more. Excellent service in this hotel. Even though we opt for the all inclusive for convenience we still have enjoy dining at many of the fantastic restaurants close by and on the strip.

Tipping is optional but it certainly goes a long way and is greatly appreciated.

There is activities around the pool if you want to participate, plus a live band in the lobby in the evening and live shows put on by the animation team.

There are plenty of umbrellas and lounge chairs on the beach and around the pool. The beach chairs are roped off for guest security. Their is a full time security guard on the beach and at the front entrance of the hotel. We have never felt unsafe at this hotel.

Kayaks, boogie boards available at the hotel no charge and for a very reasonable fee you can rent jet ski out front of the hotel.
Once again I am counting the days to my return!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ritz Acapulco? Share your experiences!