“Little Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #129 of 178 Hotels in Acapulco
“Little Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

From the 3rd of January til the 6th
No remote for the TV in the room.
Beautiful view on the bay.
Wi-Fi didn't work.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

What an amazing rip-off....we paid US$191 for a room with mattresses on concrete platforms, air-conditioning out order, non-working TV remote, no towels or soap....upon requesting fans to make up for the lack of A/C, we were given fans with no covers and at least 1/2" think coat of dirt...Unbelievably bad! If you have to pay more than $20 for this hotel, don't!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Great view of the ocean from our balcony, staff was very friendly.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

Just got back and it looks like this place offers many types of rooms. We booked a studio thru RCI which was given to us a gift so we had a deal right there and were aware of negative reviews. Check in was good plus we received 20% off restaurant/drink purchases. Our studio was on 11th floor and was so large I told my boyfriend someone stole the furniture... room was double the size of a regular rental with the same amount of furniture. The hotel has made a renovation attempt giving updated baths with double sinks (handles leaked/1 didn't work) and new hardware. However, the 2 windows in our bathroom had drapes made out of a cut up clear shower curtains. Plus the closet is in the bathroom and the sliding doors came off the track. Have to mention the bathroom was the size of a good size kitchen with walk in shower stall. The main room had good things going for it : a 3 window balcony with a view of the bay that was go die for (with furniture I would put in the garbage), there was a minifridge/bar combination with what looked like some type of marble top, my air was good, always had a ton of towels, place had great maid service and was clean at all times. I also have to mention the best location I could ask for. Right in the middle of restaurant/shopping/nightlife. The pool is decent and the guys were courteous, plus live mariachi Wednesday thru Saturday and the palapa area is great. I did speak with guests from the US and their rooms had different layouts, plus I tried to check out other rooms and they didn't look so bad. I would never do a trade with RCI for this place, but if you get a really good deal with a view of the bay you could make it work. I might mention there a 4 casinos within walking distance. Our airport service driver stated that Acapulco no longer attracts tourists from US, Canada, Japan, etc. I would guess 90% were from Mexico.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
washington, dc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

Let me preface by saying that I used to work in the Hotel / Restaurant industry and have traveled a fair amount (domestic and abroad). With that said, I usually travel with an open mind and only have minimal or no expectations whatsoever, so my reviews are honest and accurate.

When we arrived, we were greeted by the valet staff (friendly and accommodating). From there it sorta went downhill. When we made the reservations, we reserved 2 rooms (1 suite and 1 double) and requested they'd be adjoining or at least on the same floor as we had children and a senior citizen traveling with us. That was not the case, one was on the 12th (get off on the 11th and walk a flight of stairs) and the other was on the 7th floor. Mind you the hotel room on the 7th floor was much nicer than the so-called suite on the 12th floor. They had to issue remotes for the televisions and air conditioners, which would work intermittently. Beside the remotes, here are a list of discrepancies or structural damages:
* no trash cans (called 5 times before receiving one)
* no towels
* no blankets for the pull out sofa (futon) and only 1 pillow
* no a/c vent in the bathroom - so when the sun was shining in the bathroom, turned it into a sauna (suite)
* bathroom door/latch was broken so couldn't close (suite)
* no clocks
*windows did not open in the suite
*slow elevators

We were never explained or told that the hotel owned some beach chairs/umbrellas for guests use, so we had to rent from a local vendor. Not really a big issue. We didn't eat in the restaurant so to be fair, we can't give it a review. Anyhow, we were very disappointed with the accommodations and service or shall I say, lackthereof. After giving the El Presidente a chance to redeem themselves for two days, we decided to contact RCI and file a complaint. The end result, we were relocated to a much more suitable and comfortable property. I would have hate having our vacation ruined by a hotel but that's exactly what occurred at the El Presidente.

I consider myself a very fair traveler but this was absolutely one of the worst hotel I have ever stayed!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
St Paul MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

My daughter and I just returned from a week long stay at the el Presidente Acapulco. We had read the reviews saying it was a dump...wife wouldn't stay...poor service in the coffee shop and were more than a little nervous about our stay. We were very satisfied with the hotel. The staff were very pleasant, our room was freshly painted, enormous, and everything worked fine. The views are incredible, and the pool and beach area were inviting. The hotel is 50 years old, and some of the time you can see that...but we found it to be a great value and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Janesville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

Fortuntately for us we did NOT experience cockroaches in our room, dangling wires, dirty sheets or filthy bathrooms. However, I cannot say the place is the lap of luxury. In fact it was downright uncomfortable.

The beds were so hard I thought I had dislocated my hip by the third night of sleeping on them. Approximately 35% of the poolside and beach furniture is broken. You either had to stack two chairs to create something that would support your weight or keep your butt from falling out the bottom. And don't even THINK about moving the chaises to the lower level overlooking the beach. Pablo the patio Nazi will take them from you and march them back up to the poolside to be joined with the rest of the crap. No good reason for this. Just being controlling.

Our TV looked as though it had fallen from its mounting with the cracked lower left hand corner. The balcony looked as thought it could fall off the side of the building, the pool was clean enough but very outdated. Only 2 little metal ladders for entry and exit.

The only reason we stayed was because we had been given a coupon for a weeks' stay for only $300 and the room passed the cleanliness inspection. Other than that it IS a dump.

Portions of ceiling had fallen to the floor in the bathroom below the pool deck, water remained sitting on the floor of the women's bathroom so it iwas out of order the entire tiem. Sections of souffet were missing from under the lobby level, the windows were dirty and all in all the place needed a good scrub and paint job. Do yourself a favor and walk about a block north to the Fiesta American. It is gorgeous!

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The overall discomfort. ALL furniture was uncomfortable and/or broken!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to El Presidente Acapulco? Share your experiences!