“Loved the Copa Again !!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
30% off room rate
Ranked #33 of 177 Hotels in Acapulco
Yoho National Park, Canada
“Loved the Copa Again !!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2008

Once again I went to the Copacabana and had a great time.

As for what you are getting at this property, it has a great location, the food is OK and the serivce is great.

The hotel is very clean, including the rooms and there's not a speck of dirt and they are always cleaning, the lobby, pool area etc.

Plenty of activity pool side, from Alex and the rest of the entertainment team. The dinner under the stars twice a week pool side is very good, the grilled Salmon is recommended.

There were people at the hotel from Chicago, Minnesota, Windsor, Leamington and Montreal to name a few.

For the price and value you can't go wrong, also as for brekfast, Raul makes a great fresh omlette. I would recommend that you get a room on one of the lower floors say from the 1st to 4th floor, sometimes the elevator takes a bit too long.

Enjoy the Copacabana and the theme song which is played every day at 12:00 and then 4:00 PM.

Stayed February 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2008

The hotel was clean, staff friendly and lots of entertainment. The beach was terrible. The hotel is on the bay and there are cesspools of sewage in the culverts directly on the sand on the beach. When you go down to the beach from the hotel and walk to the left you will see the culverts and you can faintly smell raw sewage in the air as you walk along the beach. The bay water is dirty and treacherous. It drops off quickly and there is a strong undertow. I didn't see very many people in the bay water the week I was there. The vendors on the beach are a nuisance. I would rather bath in sugar and have a group of flys bothering me then what I had to endure on that beach. A couple of hours of this torture and I spent the rest of my holiday near the pool. If you are a beach person this definitely is not the holiday for you.
I would not go back again. This was my first visit to Mexico and it left and very bad impression.

Stayed January 2008
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2008

After reading the reviews of this hotel, we were a little skeptical but decided the price was great and we wanted to see Acapulco. Figuring that we can almost always make the best of a situation we'd book the trip and if our hotel wasn't great we'd still love being on the beach enjoying the sun and ocean. We live in Minnesota and it had been terribly cold for the last few weeks so a warm beach is about all it would take to make us happy. We were pleasantly surprised to find that our room although needing updating was very clean and spacious. We had a beautiful view of the ocean from the balcony which was a little small. The front desk people were very friendly and were more than happy to switch our room after we discovered the first one they gave us had a view of the neighboring hotel. The staff was friendly and didn't mind at all that we bought our beer and beverages from the grocery store right down the street. For a small tip the bartender would even give you a bucket of ice and limes. There were very few people on the all-inclusive plan while we were there and everyone seemed to be doing the same as us. There are vendors that come around all the time offering you drinks which they bring from somewhere close by. I don't know why the hotel staff allows it but they really didn't seem to mind. Wonderful restaraunts are easy to find as well as lots of shopping if you don't care to buy from the vendors. All in all it was a great trip and we'd probably return in a few years.

Stayed January 2008
Toronto, ON.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2008

Orbitz rated this a 4 star and we were terribly disappointed. It was an Econolodge caliber facility with a single hotel size pool and 1 restaurant.

I felt like I was on a spring break party than an adult holiday at the pool at they blasted pop rock music from 11 am on, so loud that I had to turn the volume to the top on my iPod. They then proceeded to pool games for kids and adult that may it impossible to relax.

The rooms were in horrible shape with mold in the bathroom caulking. Layers of dust were evident in the room closets and on trims, the bedskirt was stained. The TV remote didn't work and when I tried to change channels on the TV set, all the buttons were broken. I had to use the tip of the pen to push the buttons inside the TV to adjust volume and channels. Of the 3 treadmills at the gym, 2 of them didn't work. It's obvious they haven't maintained or renovated the hotel since construction last century.

I booked and paid for 7 nights and left after 2. I am not a picky person, normally content with Fairfield Inn type motels but this was worse. Don't stay there.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

Hi….I would like to start this review by pointing out that this hotel was recommended to me as the place to party and not the place to live in high luxury…..I find these reviews never discuss who they are so you should know as it helps you make a decision….There were 2 of us traveling…two 28 year olds ready for some fun parting on the beach….We have both been to other all-inclusive and we will both go to more…neither of us will ever let anyone we know even consider this hotel as an option…I personally have traveled the world…been in third world countries and this was bad guys….BAD…

The people at the check in desk barely speak any English….they eventually get me checked in and off I go. I am given a key and room number…not told what is included in my all-inclusive (maybe because not much is) not told where to go….not told where to eat etc. I step into the small room…here the kids next door crying and know I am not in the right place….but its vacation…time to relax and go to the pool!

We get ready and head to the pool….well this was the saddest pool in the world. It was filled…wall to wall with kids and even if I wanted to enter if I saw an opening I would have to stand in one spot and turn in circles to entertain myself as it was not big enough for the number of people….fine….lets go grab a drink and some food….

We grab the worst rum and coke’s in history by the pool (the only all-inclusive bar in the place - $40 a night well spent) and head up to the buffet…..well what do you know…they only have 15 trey options for dinner…this includes the one for the pasta…the one for the sauce…the one for another sauce…the one for the potatoes and the one for the other potatoes….that leaves 10 more treys….they do not look good…lets stick with the pasta! I have been to many all-inclusive resorts and even many third world countries and this is bad….very bad….

Thank goodness for AMEX! I do not even have an American Express but I will get one after this…my friend booked the trip on his and they cancelled the remainder of our stay and checked us into another hotel…the Empiro….highly recommended by the way.

Good luck with your travels and DO NOT STAY HERE….believe me….from the bottom of my heart….DO NOT!

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Aurora
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

Our hotel room was very humid the whole time we stayed at this hotel. Our clothes and bed sheets were always humid and never fully dry. We called the maintenance people a couple of times and they were very nice, but informed us that their air conditioning system was very old and that there was nothing they could do.

The other thing I hated about this hotel was that the swimming pool water was never clear....maybe due to the fact that there was soooo many people in the pool. We could hear people coughing, laughing and every thing else in the rooms next to ours. There wasn't enough elevators either, you had to wait about 10 minutes for an elevator to get on and then when it did everybody wanted to get on at the same time.

I would never stay at this hotel again.

Stayed August 2007
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

We had a 5 night booking end after the first night during our honeymoon. My wife and I had the most disgusting and hideous experience in all our travels.

We arrived to find the foyer seemingly overcrowded. There were two lifts with one out of order. It took about 5 attempts at getting up to our room due to the fact the hotel was overflowing with guests mostly from Mexican City.

Our first look at the hotel pool was enough to make us ill. Guests were standing shoulder to shoulder in the water, it was that full.

Being fatigued we opted to eat the lunch buffet. The predominantly Mexican guests ran to cue for the buffet like it was the last supper. I took my place in line to find most of the other guest using there hands to food in trays, yuk.

The noise overnight in nearby rooms from guests talking all morning and refusing to turn down tv's and music was unbelievable. Never come across a more inconsiderate lot.

The following morning we checked out and went up the road to The Fiesta Americana and proceeded to get refunds from our agent. Upon checking out we were informed that the Mexican guests had an all-inclusive package with food drink etc.

The worst travel experience Ive ever had.

• Liked — The exit
  • Disliked — Old
  • Stayed April 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Copacabana Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!