The building is incredible, a very beautiful place. The rooms are nice and clean. I have recently been there twice and the staff is very nice, truly helpful. Pools are incredible for kids, my daughter specially loved one with salt water and a slide. The beach is nice, although the sea is rough. Beautiful gardens and food is fine. At the spa, the staff is helpful and skilled, I loved my hair-do and they did my nails really great.
Be careful when you book, Despegar does not have extra charges, but Booking adds an extra amount for taxes when you get to the hotel, it is more expensive in the end.
The hotel is a nice place, although the front looks like a true pyramid -it is so unkempt and in need of repair-.
The strange part are all the conditionals at the hotel... if...
If you have to work, consider they do not offer WiFi unless you are in their special club (paid), so you have to use your own internet.
If you accidentally spill your coffee, as I did, the maid was terrible and she didn´t even clean a sink or change towels and robe, the next maid was truly nice.
If... you go to the beach... once they charged us for the beach shades and once they didn't, which is strange to say the least.
If... you want to go for a midnight walk on the beach, but the door is closed... we couldn't even though a small dinner party was being held right on the beach. We were told access was banned for safety reasons, but that if we payed and prepared in advance, next time we could have a bachelor party like the others were having.
If... you have a car, they charge $150 pesos per night; it includes a very hospitable and helpful valet parking... if... you are in no hurry, since it takes them about 20 minutes or more to get your car. If you are in a hurry, I suggest you park outside (on the places where it is allowed).
All in all, a good family or couple experience... if...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognized as one of the top 500 hotels in the world and top 25 resorts in Latin America by Travel & Leisure, The Fairmont Acapulco Princess is located over the Pacific Coast on the Revolcadero Beach, 20 minutes from the bustle of downtown and a few minutes from the airport at the Acapulco Diamante Area. The exclusive complex of 480 acres offers to its guests a spectacular scenario that will enhance all the senses while you admire the magnificent 15-story Aztec pyramid-shaped building surrounded of beautiful and lush gardens containing over 750 plant species and home to a colorful assortment of swans, flamingos and tropical birds. Hear the cascades of its 5 sparkling pools and saltwater lagoon. Taste the exquisite Chef creations at any of its 5 Restaurants. Breath the most relaxing fragrances at the Signature Willow Stream Spa and feel the breeze of ocean at the new Turtle Dunes Golf Course.For the guest looking for a luxury experience in Acapuclo, Pearl offers exquisite accommodations and the finest services and amenities, which include: an iPod clock, 37-inch flat screen, in-room safety deposit box and more! A place where contemporary design becomes one with Fairmont's standard of sophisticated luxury – a memorable experience for you, your family and friends.Turtle Dunes: Our Country ClubIf you enjoy participating in sports with style, we invite you to learn more about the brand new Turtle Dunes Country Club, the centerpiece within the Princess complex, for whole-hearted golfers seeking a premium golf experience in Mexico. Learn to play like a pro from childs to adults! Turtle Dunes Country Club has partnered with Ochoa Golf Academy by Rafael Alarcon, to establish Lorena Ochoa's flagship teaching academy, providing members and guests with a state-of-the-art practice and learning center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Acapulco Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Acapulco Princess Hotel Acapulco
- Fairmont Acapulco Princess
- Acapulco Princess Hotel
- Acapulco Fairmont