“Great room, okay hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fairmont Acapulco Princess

You added The Fairmont Acapulco Princess to your Saves list
The Fairmont Acapulco Princess
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa Revolcadero s/n | Col Granjas del Marques, Acapulco 39890 , Mexico   |
Ranked #18 of 178 Hotels in Acapulco
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great room, okay hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Just stayed at the Acapulco Princess for a night while on business in Acapulco. The room in the new tower was very nice. Well done with all the amenities and right on the corner with a wonderful sea breeze. The hotel however does not compete with the newer luxury resorts in Acapulco. Food was just okay and the rest of the hotel is quite dated. Service is still impeccable and if your in town for business and like running or playing golf this is a good option for the price.

Room Tip: Any room in the refurbished princesa 2 tower, especially a corner suite
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thomas B, General Manager at The Fairmont Acapulco Princess, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Aphillips,
Thank you very much for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments, we do take all feedback seriously and I appreciate all the information you have submitted, we are always looking to make improvements.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed staying at Pearl during your business trip and certainly this is a wonderful location for golfing and running.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
Thomas Becker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel was a blast in its earlier years but that doesn't make it a bad place now. The accommodations are nice and the lobby and staff were equally as nice. All in all a great place to enjoy a relaxing vaca

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Eric,
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your vacation at the Fairmont Acapulco Princess.
Newhall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

As soon as we arrived the staff was ready to assist us, everybody is respectful and make you feel as a special guest, the room was first class, super clean and comfortable, we stayed at the pyramid in an ocean view room, the hotel amenities and restaurants are super clean and updated! The beach is beautiful and the hotel's canopies and beach chairs are super comfortable. We love this Hotel, perfect for our family!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thomas B, General Manager at The Fairmont Acapulco Princess, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
What a pleasure to read your review Sergio. I am ecstatic that you had such a great experience and I am especially pleased that you received such an amazing service. Acapulco is known for its friendliness and it is an honor to work with a team that cares about their guests the way the Fairmont staff does. I have already shared your comments with my team as a reminder of what we do best.
Please do not hesitate to write me at aca.guestservices@fairmont.com when you plan to return.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Albany, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Our family has traveled extensively in Mexico over the past 30 years and we know what Mexican hospitality is like and this hotel definitely falls short. We started our stay by checking in at the President's Club desk since there was no one else to help with our check-in. The girl treated us with a hostile attitude and informed us that we had no reservation since we had booked our stay months in advance using a different website than the hotel website. Because of this, we had uncertainty on whether or not we would even get a room. We asked to look at the rooms first (which seemed to surprise them) and the rooms we were shown were dusty, dirty and outdated. We were assigned a different set of rooms on another floor. The air conditioners were very old and really did nothing to cool the rooms and the bathtub would not drain. We spent too much time in the rooms waiting for maintenance to fix the problems (we did not want to leave them alone in the room) instead of spending time in the pools or on the beach relaxing. We were moved from floor to floor with inconvenience of packing each time. We spent the better part of our first two days trying to settle and didn't get much time to relax. We were upset much of the time. We never thought this would happen to us in this beautiful Acapulco facility. Something needs to be done. We were definitely disappointed that our stay was not more enjoyable. Our conclusion is that the staff is not hospitality-oriented and needs to improve their service if they are going to compete with other hotels. We had planned to extend our stay if we had an enjoyable experience, but decided to move on to Ixtapa instead.

Room Tip: It seems like the lower the floor, the cleaner the rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear John C,
Thank you for taking the time to write us about your recent experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. This is certainly not the experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. I have notified our facilities and front desk management team so that we look further into these issues.
I would really appreciate if you contact me directly to discuss any further +52 744 469 1019 or aca.guestservices@fairmont.com
Best Regards
anywhere
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I am not a big fan of huge hotels and resorts. I was here for business for a few days. The Princess consists of 3 big Soviet style concrete mega building from I guess the 80’s. It probably once was one of the best hotels in Acapulco but that time has gone. Will I come back here? No. Nor will I recommend the hotel. I had a good time though.
I stayed in the remodeled building where the superior rooms are and my room was great. Heard that the rooms in the other buildings were a bit ran down and are in urgent need of updating. 2 of the 3 mornings I was woken up by big diesel busses and people shouting outside that were unloading guests and a guy that thought it was necessary to work with his chainsaw at 7AM outside my room in the garden. Had to call reception to do something about it. Dinner and breakfast buffet was good. When going to the breakfast restaurant the 1st morning, I found myself in a large queueu begging for a table. They funneled all guests to the same restaurant for breakfast resulting in a huge mess. The other mornings I went first to the gym (great gym but you have to pay extra) and had breakfast at 10. Tried also the beach club restaurant but that wasn’t that good. Just by seeing that I was not a Mexican they decided for themselves to leave the spicy chili out of my plate. I can make that decision for myself I think. Service was friendly though. Also ordered food in the bar down in the lobby and it took 1hr to get some octopus badly prepared. I cancelled the order after an hr but they put it in front of me anyway. When asking why it took so long the girl said the kitchen had to unfreeze the octopus first! Though we were at the seaside where seafood was readily available without the need of freezing it. A better bet is the sandwich shop down stairs next to the lobby where the shop start,
Good beach, gardens and pools. Erratic wireless connection: virtually only in the lobby it worked well !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thomas B, General Manager at The Fairmont Acapulco Princess, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Jbmx,

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your recent experience at The Fairmont Acapulco princess. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your time spent with us. This is certainly not the fairmont experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. I have notified our management team so that we may look further into these issues.
Again, thank you for your feedback, and I hope we can welcome you back.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you like to discuss any further +52 744 469 1019 or aca.guestservices@fairmont.com

Doral
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This used to be a great hotel and can easily become great again if they renovate it. It is in a great location and should become one of the best hotels in Acapulco once they renovate it and redecorate the rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jose,
Thank you for taking the time to write us about your recent experience at The Fairmont Acapulco Princess.
After reading your comments I do understand your feeling as it is true that would be fantastic to renovate some areas of the hotel. I take this opportunity to recommend you to stay in the recently renovated Pearl Tower. After a $30 million investment, Pearl Tower offers 310 luxury rooms, carefully decorated with the finest amenities and personalized service.
If you would like to discuss your experience with me personally, please contact me at 744 469 1019 or email me to aca.guestservices@fairmont.com
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I would not recommend this hotel. The service was horrible and the food was not edible. There are plenty of other hotels to choose from in Acapulco. You will be charged extra for every little thing. Oh, and dont plan to bring your dog even though it says it is pet friendly - they will charge you 800 pesos (over $60) every night for the dog. You will also get harassed constantly on the beach by people selling you things. I would avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms in the Pearl tower are by far better than the other rooms in the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jen
Thank you very much for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.
We do take all feedback seriously and I appreciate all the information you have submitted.
I really regret we didn't meet your expectations.I would really like you to contact me personally at 744 469 1019 or email me at aca.guestservices@fairmont.com to discuss your experience.

Thomas Becker

Been to The Fairmont Acapulco Princess? Share your experiences!