“Poor service and bad customer service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Fairmont Acapulco Princess

Save Saved
You added The Fairmont Acapulco Princess to your Saves list
The Fairmont Acapulco Princess
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa Revolcadero s/n | Col Granjas del Marques, Acapulco 39890 , Mexico   |
Ranked #16 of 177 Hotels in Acapulco
Cuernavaca, Mexico
“Poor service and bad customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have just checked inn at the Fairmont Acapulco, with my family. Having been here many times in my life I'm so happy to be back. The check in was terrible the lady at the front desk whispered and made me ask her many times to tell me again the information for none of us could hear her. The check in was not what you expect of a Fairmont resort.
Then I had to wait for the valet parking guy, he told me to wait, while he had things to do. Had to look for the bellman and then for my bags. There is so many employees at the lobby and somehow no one is helping the guest that arrive.
Finally made it to our suite. I specifically booked a sea front room, the price was twice changed and I did my booking on the phone. I called front desk to ask why my view is to the rooftop of the laundry room, I attached picture, they tell me I didn't book a sea view, and that they can't do anything. I can go and wait in the front room and see what they can arrange. I ask where I can complain, and costumer service, says I can go with the concierge and talked it out. For there is nothing they can do. It makes me feel so special, and I want to change hotels, but my weekend could be lost and I will receive no quality service, I attach a picture of my lovely suite view.

Room Tip: Make sure it says in your confirmation email, you have a sea view, and everything you want, if not y...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Yes the stories are True,,,Check-in and Out can be HELL,,,We saw huge lines in both Directions, Hours to get in and out...We were Lucky and checked-in at 8.30pm and Checked-out the night before leaving...

Food was amazing for a Hotel, in room breakfast was a steal for 170mxn. Lobster was super good and could not have been out of the water more then a few days..

The Breakfast Buffet was a "War Zone" !!!!!! Forget It if your in the relax zone, otherwise you"ll Think your in a traffic Jam...

Beach was Lots of Fun and a real people Watcher place...Great waves for buggy boarding..

The Spa? Although there is a very Obnoxious guy that greets you between the locker room and waiting area for your massage, the women we had Maria Carmen and Luz,,, it was ONE OF THE BEST EVER!!!! Seriously!

The Suite in the new building on the corner was just PERFECT,,,

Room Tip: Pick the new Tower..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mexico City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We recently spent four nights at the Fairmont Acapulco Princess. Once again we were treated to a wonderful corner suite with a wrap-around balcony and an amazing view of one of Acapulco's Bays. The hotel is old, yes, but you wouldn't know it from the renovations that are being done. Our room was quite lovely and we had absolutely no complaints. Elevators are extremely fast in the main tower despite so many rooms. The hotel does suffer from the problem of beach cabanas that do not belong to the hotel and do obscure the view of the ocean, but from what I understand you cannot deny people access to the beach - this is public land. And you can walk a bit further down to the Pierre Marques and have a lovely view of the beach there (and an excellent meal). All in all this was a great trip. And safe! You can see the pictures below.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room with an ocean view. Not sure if they cost a lot more but well worth the extra...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great and big resort under renovation several pools, state of the art Gym and Spa.

3 Room towers with diferent prices, but luxurios Property in general

Meals in Good prices

kids friendly with activities and great facilities

• Stayed June 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here just for one day and we enjoy it. Prices of rooms were too high, but it was high season. The hotel seems to be from the 1970's or so, but they really worked hard to make it somehow modern. Personnel is really kind and helpfull, but in high season there are a lot of queues around the hotel, so it makes things slower (nothing to worry about)

Rooms are actually really good: nice panoramic view of the beach (in the tower 2), spacious rooms, confortable beds and no noise.

Restaurants, are too expensive. There is no question about this, but food is really good so take advantage of the included breakfast. Drinks are also expensive, but yard glasses helps you minimize the price (just a little bit)

Pool and beach are both good. Towels and Beach places are free for the guests. The only bad thing about the beach is that a lot of local guys will try to sell you everything all the time. It is not hotel's fault as this is a public beach, but it gets annoying.

TIP: Get up early to get a place in the beach or in the pool. In high season it gets really crowded really fast. Take the places in the beach on the second or third row, as in the closest to the beach you will have a lot of salesman asking you to buy stuff.

Room Tip: Take any room on Tower 2, even the ones with garden view, gives you a good panoramic. This tower is...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We came here as part of our honeymoon and it was clearly one of the best choices we could have made.

We arrived late in evening, around 9:30pm, having missed our original flight from Oaxaca. Straight to the bar it was! Being low season we found there were only a smattering of guests downstairs at the Laguna Bar - an outdoor undercover area surrounded by a man-made lake with 2 swans as residents! 2 friendly, chatty curious swans, one black and one white, who would swim around and come over to us for a visit. We ordered cocktails through our awesome (attentive, funny, friendly) waitress Liliana, and proceeded to have one of the best nights of our life.

The downstairs bar would become one of our staples during our 2 weeks stay. The other was the all you can eat smorgasbord of the Chula Vista. Delicious offerings of traditiona Mexican and modern Western (mainly American) cuisine that we stuffed ourselves with on a daily basis - sometimes negating the need for dinner that day! We learn soon enough to just have the tiniest tidbits of everything so that we didn't get full before we had a chance to sample everything they had to offer. Delicious.

It was unfortunate that our love of Chula Vista meant that we only ventured over to the Beach Club Restaurant a couple of times, because they easily made the best seafood pasta I have ever had, and a pretty mean Caesar salad too!

Now I'm not much of a pool / beach person, but it was so warm and the water was so beautiful that I couldn't resist. Like a child I squealed as I went speeding down the slide into the saltwater pool right outside the Chula Vista, giggling like a twit as I landed into the water. After the first few days the hotel became overrun with accountants (?) on a business conference - which turned out to be great, because it meant that the hotel opened up the previous dormant pool bar, and we could now have cocktails on little cement seats in the pool by the pool bar. Other than that were swims under the pool waterfalls and romantic evening swims in the 3rd pool, which was usually empty when the sun went down, so we could have it all to ourselves. The only pity was that the pools were closed at 8pm. We would have loved to have more time in the pools in the evening, after our humongous lunch had time to digest somewhat. But i can understand that for safety reasons they probably don't want too many people swimming around after dark.

We went down to the beach one day and the water was so incredibly warm, at least 23 degrees, but unfortunately there were so many people spruiking their wares (not related to the hotel) that we couldn't relax (although clearly we were just in our bathers and had no money on us) so we ended up leaving, which is a shame because I don't think we will ever find water so warm again, but what can you do.

On Sundays they had the most spectacular all you can eat at the Posadita Steak and Seafood Grill, it was a shame that it was only on once in our time there.

The staff were amazing, so polite and helpful and friendly, the food delicious, the resident swans, flamingoes and parrot just adorable, and our room was beautiful, with a balcony overlooking the ocean.We had room service on our last night there just so we could enjoy it! Gorgeous state of the art bathroom, I cannot recommend this place enough - except for the part of me that wants to keep it a secret ;) we loved every second there, and plan to go back as soon as we can :)

Room Tip: They all seem great to me! Each room has a view - ours was overlooking the beach and it was just gor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Very nice resort with many swimming pools, pool bar, gym center, beach almost private.
Good rooms, very big, bathroom is OK, not new but OK.
Good inside restaurants, very good food.
But unique consideration is the location, it is far from the acapulco downtown where you can find some night life.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Fairmont Acapulco Princess? Share your experiences!