“Nice for a weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fairmont Acapulco Princess

You added The Fairmont Acapulco Princess to your Saves list
The Fairmont Acapulco Princess
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa Revolcadero s/n | Col Granjas del Marques, Acapulco 39890 , Mexico   |
Ranked #17 of 178 Hotels in Acapulco
Mexico City, Mexico
“Nice for a weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

For a short weekend getaway the Fairmont Princess is great. Yes, the hotel needs a major facelift as it feels rundown but the hotel is right on the beach and provides an enjoyable environment. The breakfast buffet was a major hit. Given the dangerous events that Acapulco has experienced my top priority was a safe hotel. I felt completely safe at this hotel and was pleased that the fairmont offered enough activities and dining options that I never felt the want to leave the hotel. There is a large security presence and I would definitely feel safe returning to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The swimming pools are really good, the breakfast is nice. It lacks of activities, they don't have bikes for rental and you have to pay for everything, very few amenities included

It's a nice hotel, a bit old, I think they should improve the check in and checkout time, I waited 30 minutes on the row for my checkout.

Room Tip: avoid princesa section, there are big noisy fans out there
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's a 20 minute ride into the downtown area of Acapulco however, worth the stay. The Hotel has lots of dining options and the beach is incredible. The hotel is located away from others so you feel like your on your own island.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I,m sorry that some travellers have had negative experiences. We didn't choose this hotel, we were here to stay a few days before joining a cruise across the Pacific. On arrival late in the evening as part of a group our room was already allocated, so no delay there and our bags turned up soon after. We walked in to room 1619 (at the very front of the hotel) and gawped at the scene in front of us. Below, the gardens and just beyond the most beautiful beach which stretched both left and right. When we woke in the morning, there it was still, delightful. Is it because my Wife and I are polite, pleasant people? We were treated with courtesy by the staff throughout our stay, nothing was too much trouble. We did have to time our meals to miss the large numbers attending a convention but that was no hardship and there was an excellent choice of food to be had. All this would have kept us happy there but we did walk 15 minutes to the nearby shopping mall just to explore a little of what was 'outside'.
10/10 for the lifts which we never had to wait more than 30 seconds for (and this was so frustrating at a later hotel) but a big ZERO for the two miserable staff and cardboard coffee cups at the little coffee station in the foyer. Don't let this put you off staying here.

Room Tip: At the front row, we had room 1619 which was on a corner-great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I just came back from the hotel and I could not be more disappointed! They quoted me price in dollars and they charged me double the price that I was given. They would not take my payment in dollars, they said I would be charged in pesos and they gave me the exchange rate. Today I saw my statement and instead of exchange rate being $ 1.00 --- 12.87 pesos which they assured me would be the rate they did exchange rate of $1.00 --- 9.00 pesos!!!! I contacted the hotel and after being transferred around they told me that no I was charged the correct amount. I am going to contact my bank once the payment is charged because as of now it is still pending and they can not do anything about it.
This hotel is overrated and overpriced. Not to mention that they overcharged us in Chula Vista which is their buffet. The told us that we would be charged less because we only had salads but the price that we paid there I have not paid anywhere else when I had we had a full dinner!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited this weekend the Fairmont Princess to assist to the Mexican Open, since the event is in the same hotel instalations. It is worth notice that this Fairmont is very far in quality from the Fairmont in Europe and US, the building is really old (around 70´s), and it hasnt been fully refurbished since. For example the TV´s are still CTR! The hotel itself it´s still nice with big green areas, good service and excellent food, however the relation cost/benefit is kinda bad, for 250 USD night you can get better options in Acapuco (f.e. Las Brisas). The pools are kinda small for the number of rooms, and there are no umbrellas! so carry on your sunblock! Something that is worth notice is that the check in/out took us more than 20 minutes each, the people at the reception were to slow and had the mentality that "since were full because of the Mexican Open you have to wait". Also kind of annoying is that at nights the lobby bar plays music all night long, so you have to manage to sleep hearing dance music, just a shame... I wouldn´t come back, specially for the price you are paying and what you get in exchange.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the upper levels, or in the Pearl tower which is newer and quiter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thetford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have just returned from our four day stay at this hotel. We had been concerned about security in Acapulco, but felt very safe here. The setting and architecture are beautiful. The staff were very friendly, especially in the buffet restaurant. My husband is a vegetarian coeliac and he found it difficult to find suitable food as not all the staff understood 'gluten free' and the hotel did not provide gluten free bread. I, however, as a vegetarian, enjoyed the food and found plenty of choice.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the same side as the air conditioning unit.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Fairmont Acapulco Princess? Share your experiences!