“Nice but old, check in and check out time is terrible” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Fairmont Acapulco Princess

Save Saved
You added The Fairmont Acapulco Princess to your Saves list
The Fairmont Acapulco Princess
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa Revolcadero s/n | Col Granjas del Marques, Acapulco 39890 , Mexico   |
Ranked #16 of 177 Hotels in Acapulco
Mexico City, Mexico
“Nice but old, check in and check out time is terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The swimming pools are really good, the breakfast is nice. It lacks of activities, they don't have bikes for rental and you have to pay for everything, very few amenities included

It's a nice hotel, a bit old, I think they should improve the check in and checkout time, I waited 30 minutes on the row for my checkout.

Room Tip: avoid princesa section, there are big noisy fans out there
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's a 20 minute ride into the downtown area of Acapulco however, worth the stay. The Hotel has lots of dining options and the beach is incredible. The hotel is located away from others so you feel like your on your own island.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I,m sorry that some travellers have had negative experiences. We didn't choose this hotel, we were here to stay a few days before joining a cruise across the Pacific. On arrival late in the evening as part of a group our room was already allocated, so no delay there and our bags turned up soon after. We walked in to room 1619 (at the very front of the hotel) and gawped at the scene in front of us. Below, the gardens and just beyond the most beautiful beach which stretched both left and right. When we woke in the morning, there it was still, delightful. Is it because my Wife and I are polite, pleasant people? We were treated with courtesy by the staff throughout our stay, nothing was too much trouble. We did have to time our meals to miss the large numbers attending a convention but that was no hardship and there was an excellent choice of food to be had. All this would have kept us happy there but we did walk 15 minutes to the nearby shopping mall just to explore a little of what was 'outside'.
10/10 for the lifts which we never had to wait more than 30 seconds for (and this was so frustrating at a later hotel) but a big ZERO for the two miserable staff and cardboard coffee cups at the little coffee station in the foyer. Don't let this put you off staying here.

Room Tip: At the front row, we had room 1619 which was on a corner-great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I just came back from the hotel and I could not be more disappointed! They quoted me price in dollars and they charged me double the price that I was given. They would not take my payment in dollars, they said I would be charged in pesos and they gave me the exchange rate. Today I saw my statement and instead of exchange rate being $ 1.00 --- 12.87 pesos which they assured me would be the rate they did exchange rate of $1.00 --- 9.00 pesos!!!! I contacted the hotel and after being transferred around they told me that no I was charged the correct amount. I am going to contact my bank once the payment is charged because as of now it is still pending and they can not do anything about it.
This hotel is overrated and overpriced. Not to mention that they overcharged us in Chula Vista which is their buffet. The told us that we would be charged less because we only had salads but the price that we paid there I have not paid anywhere else when I had we had a full dinner!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited this weekend the Fairmont Princess to assist to the Mexican Open, since the event is in the same hotel instalations. It is worth notice that this Fairmont is very far in quality from the Fairmont in Europe and US, the building is really old (around 70´s), and it hasnt been fully refurbished since. For example the TV´s are still CTR! The hotel itself it´s still nice with big green areas, good service and excellent food, however the relation cost/benefit is kinda bad, for 250 USD night you can get better options in Acapuco (f.e. Las Brisas). The pools are kinda small for the number of rooms, and there are no umbrellas! so carry on your sunblock! Something that is worth notice is that the check in/out took us more than 20 minutes each, the people at the reception were to slow and had the mentality that "since were full because of the Mexican Open you have to wait". Also kind of annoying is that at nights the lobby bar plays music all night long, so you have to manage to sleep hearing dance music, just a shame... I wouldn´t come back, specially for the price you are paying and what you get in exchange.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the upper levels, or in the Pearl tower which is newer and quiter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thetford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have just returned from our four day stay at this hotel. We had been concerned about security in Acapulco, but felt very safe here. The setting and architecture are beautiful. The staff were very friendly, especially in the buffet restaurant. My husband is a vegetarian coeliac and he found it difficult to find suitable food as not all the staff understood 'gluten free' and the hotel did not provide gluten free bread. I, however, as a vegetarian, enjoyed the food and found plenty of choice.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the same side as the air conditioning unit.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recommend you stay away from this hotel during high volume season because being busy probably makes staff irritable. I will begin by the positive; property is beautiful, hotel is clean, there are shaded areas near the pool, breakfast buffet is quite good (esp quesadillas stand). Now for the negative: some staff is rude and unhelpful, I'd even qualify them as contrary! I stayed here from Jan 3-6, 2013. Upon my arrival late in the afternoon the man at the front desk informed me that there were no cribs available, despite having asked for one upon reserving. He said "we told you they are subject to availability" and made absoloutely no effort to get one. I was travelling with a sick 1yo and I began to cry. My husband began to yell, so we were told to see a lady at a desk nearby who helped us get a crib. Upon arriving at our room (far away from lobby) we find it was already occupied. The ladies in the room allowed me to call front desk to ask them to give me another room. The lady on the phone yelled at me that the room appeared as vacant in her computer system and that this mistake was not her fault! (so its my fault?!) It took them at least 20 minutes to bring the keys to my new room. The worst part of my stay was the checkout, during which the lady at the front desk charged me about 80 dls for stuff I did not eat/drink, only to find out that it was consumed by somebody else in my party who had specified his room number. The lady supervisor called me "dishonest" and said I should pay for my friends drinks because I knew him and that if I did not they would charge the "poor waitress". We ended up paying the bill just so we could leave in time. We later found out the bill had been paid the previous day by my friend (so who is dishonest now?).
Anyway, the only way to get anything done is to call corporate offices (in Canada) and complain about this mistreatment. I did get a call back by the hotel supervisor who apologized profusely and said this was not Fairmont policy. I have to mention I was treated beautifuly by Karen; she called and apologized for the room mix up and the lack of courtesy of the initial man at the front desk on the day of my check in. It's all in the attitude people! There is no excuse for calling somebody you do not know dishonest!!! I will not be returning to Fairmont Princess Acapulco.

Room Tip: I stayed at Pearl. The view was ok and it was near breakfast and the pool!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Fairmont Acapulco Princess? Share your experiences!