“Fiesta! Fiesta! Friesta! round the clock” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #6 of 177 hotels in Acapulco
Moscow
“Fiesta! Fiesta! Friesta! round the clock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

Fiesta Americana is the happiest mexican hotel i've been, it true to the myth of Acapulco as the city that celebrates round the clock.
Immediately upon arrival you are attack by the hotel team members who fight to be help with your luggage, check inn, take you to your room and through out your stay the hotel staff will put themselves out to make you happy.
Fiesta is a highrise tower standing on the beachfront right in the middle of Acapulco bay, on the famous golden beach, so from the rooms you can see all the panorama of this beautiful bay surrounded by hills. Suites have front view, but all the appartments have panoramic balconies. Just standing on our balcony watching this unparalelled landscape was a treat. The main restaurant with a terrace on a cliff over the Pacific where the breakfast is served is called Chula Vista (the Cool View), and view is really fantastic. Breakfast is buffet style with a large variety of hot and cold items including omelettes cooked to order and fruit cocktails squeezed to order.
Our apartment was equipped with a kitchen corner with microwave, tea maker, fridge, dishes etc. very handy as dining in Acapulco may be quiet expensive.
There are three landscape pools as you descend towards the private beach, with sunbeds standing right in the water and chilling water sprays. From everywhere you have the "chula" view of the Pacific.
The hotel beach accessed by stone stairs is one the most picturesque in Acapulco protected by a big rock thrown into the ocean. Yes it gets very crowded and the sunbeds are so close together that they touch each other, but then its fun to be in the middle of that happy crowd of partying mexican families and young americans, all coming usually in large group to party. The Fiesta never sleeps, and any time there is some fun to have. And it is the middle of "action" in Acapulco, next door are restaurants, cafes, night clubs, the bungee-jump. (if you risk to do it. Personally me, i would close my eyes not to see the reckless youths jump from this crane almoust as tall as the hotel).
All kinds of water sports are offered at the beach.
NOTE: be carefull while swimming, the hotel allows to ride scooters inside the roped swimming area, even when kids are bathing.
Children are very well entertained especially during the weekends when mexican families come to party, we were amazed to see parents with five or six joyfull offspings, as in Europe we seldom see numerous families. May be thanks to high birth rate Mexico is a young nating and Acapulco is a young resort, most of the hotel guests were young people under 30 or teenagers and kids.
So if you want to party and have fun in an exotic setting, Acapulco is the place to go, and Fiesta Americana is the hotel to stay.
There is one thing you wont find in Acapulco - boredom, neither it is a resort to look for silence, solitude or seclusion, from the moment you step into Fiesta and till last day of your holiday you will be dancing as there will be music everywhere: in rooms, lobby, restaurants, pools, beaches, you will be meeting new people and having fun.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

429 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Floral Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

As an avid traveler to Acapulco and staying at the Fiesta Americana regularly since 2006 I have to say this hotel has upgraded it's facility each and every year for the betterment of their guests.

The Positives
Excellents Rooms.
Service.
Pools.
Great drink specials.
Location.
Views.
Breakfast buffet (Excellent)

Con
Noise from nearby clubs if located on the west side of bldg.
Beach Access for elderly may prove difficult. (many stairs)

All in all still my favorite of the IN town hotels on the strip and I am always looking forward to returning every February.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Had an amazing stay at Fiesta Americana with friends.

Arrived in Mexico City, spent one night there and then travelled to Acapulco for an amazing weekend. The food was great, a real taste of Mexico and the hotel was amazing.

You step into the Marble-lined reception area and nothing is too much for any member of staff - I can't compliment this hotel enough!

The pool is always warm, be sure to reserve your sun-loungers soon on though. If you miss out on the sun-loungers, just pop-on down to the beach, about a 2 minute walk down the steps and you're on the sand.

The hotel is in a great location, on the beach with an amazing view both day and night.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
LAS VEGAS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

We just stayed at the Acapulco Fiesta Mericana and the service was wonderful!
The location was great! You stepped outside the hotel and you were right on their main strip. The breakfast buffet was great but a little pricy! $190 pesos adults $150 pesos for kids. All the staff was wonderful! Arcadia met us at the entrance and made sure we had a wonderful view on the 18th floor. My Mom is 79 and spends a lot of time in the room.
WE also found a VERY sick kitten at the pool ( my daughter is 11 and loves animals)
Veronica from the front desk made our day when she took the kitten home to nurse it back to health. Okay Im her daughter talking now! . The third day we went back to the beach and promised to get a fake tattoo, a sun dress and my hair braided (which really hurt) later on we went to the and guess what I found a CATERPILLAR in the pool so i saved it. When we got out we met a taxi driver and he gave us a free ride to the market the next day. We went to the beach for an hour with my grandma and i got all the things we promised( i really liked the tattoo...) about the kitten and got a box and took it home. Well this hotel im NEVER gonna forget! I definitely I recommend it!

• Stayed June 2010
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

I recently traveled to Acapulco the week before Memorial Weekend for 4 days and had a great time! This was my first trip to Mexico and I had wonderful experience. The check-in was quick and easy, which was a relief since I had missed my flight and arrived after midnight. I stayed in the deluxe studio; the room was clean, simple and comfortable. We had a nice view from the balcony and the hotel is in a central location. Unlike previous reviews there were not a lot of people at the beach or pool, so I never had to fight for a chair. The beach was a little rough, but the pool was nice. There are tons of bars, clubs and restaurants all around so I never ate at the restaurants in the hotel. Since there so much going on around that area it can get a bit noisy but I did not mind. Prior to booking my trip I reserved the best tour guide Sebastian Hernandez. I did the Highlights City Tour which including the cliff divers, Diego Rivera's mural, Los Flamingos Hotel, Chapel of Peace ( gorgeous!) as well as a history lesson and great affordable authentic mexican food along the way. He also did pick up and return from the airport to hotel with a stop at Walmart for an affordable price. This made our trip more memborable and worthwhile experience, especially for such a short stay. he can be reached at eskp_rshathotmaildotcom or you can google Sebastian Hernandez. I recommed the hotel and Sebestaian for a great stay in Acapulco!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Noosa, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

We were upgraded to a Junior Suite which was very pleasant and had all mod cons. The hotel has its own beach (although it almost disappears at high tide). The pools were excellent and the food good. The only hassle we had was that we had ordered a pizza in the lobby cafe when a DJ arrived and started playing music and Karaoke incredibly loudly - we rushed through our food and left. There's a good food shop in the hotel so that you can use the kitchen which is a feature of many rooms. The hotel is also on the main road into town with an excellent bus service (provided you can cope with developing country buses)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

I was very embarassed for my clients and could not believe when after I took my clients to lunch and paid they looked at my client and his family and said if they are not staying at the the hotel they have to leave. My client and his children (well behaved) had driven three hours to get to this meeting and they are humble people. I could not believe that this hotel would discrimination based upon looking neat and humble. Class is not what you look like or if you are wearing you manolos or cartier watch, it is respect and manners! I will never step foot on this hotel and their class problems of discrimination.
They told them to sit outside in a bench. Pathetic.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco? Share your experiences!