“good but with its drawbacks” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #5 of 176 hotels in Acapulco
Comitan, MX
“good but with its drawbacks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was excited about staying at the fiesta americana in acapulco. I had never stayed at one before but I had always thought they looked real nice at other places I have been. As it turned out I was not as pleased as I had hoped. The building was nice enough, the view was great and the location was good for us. The negative for us was the food was really high priced for the quality. The breakfast buffet was great but really expensive as well. They charge their guests for parking and it is really noisy at night especially on the weekend. They also have a lot of rules and not all the employees are polite even though most were.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the street because of noise at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

437 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
ISRAEL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

WThe hotel is a very nice one, very good located. Rooms are big, modern an very well equipped with fridge, micro oven, everything you should need. It has a verity small private beach, too small for my taste, with a lot of stairs that for me is not good...instead it has 2 nice swimming pools which are really nice.
All is very clean. Staff is very nice and always prepares to help.

Room Tip: Ask for see view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

With much trepidation (due to reactions from friends, family & acquaintences when told we were heading to Acapulco), my husband & I decided to keep the trip we had booked spontaneously on a dreary Midwest January Saturday using soon to expire leftover rci points. We were worried about safety & had mentally readied ourselves to be sequestered on the property. The drive from the airport did nothing to allay our concern as the town looks fairly rundown. When we arrived it was all smooth sailing - staff was great - friendly & conscientious to a tee. We had a one bedroom east facing suite. A bit dated but clean & comfortable with great maid service every day. It wasn't busy so we had no problem getting whatever seating we wanted at the main pool, regardless of time. The bar was pretty dead but Miguel made us great margaritas every night & we had lively conversation w the staff when no other guests were around. As far as the city goes, we ventured out a little more each day; at first it was intimidating as we were one of two American couples in the resort (I am pretty sure the entire town) but we slowly got our bearings & felt more confident every day. All this culminated with a private tour of the city. Our driver was a friendly, hustling fellow named Jose Gonzalez who waited for us to finish dinner one evening and (literally) picked us up to take us back to FA. He convinced us to head to Old Acapulco w him the next day & the rest is history- we saw everything Acapulco has to offer and had a great time. This isn't the flashy, cater to Americans resort town we are comfortable with...this is a true Mexican resort town with real history, political maneuverings, and a point of view. The much publicized crime (mafia-drug relations gone bad according to locals - not unlike some American cities) is far from the tourist areas. The town is proud of it's glamorous past, distressed by it's recent internationally reported troubles, and determined to rebuild itself into a destination for all of North America.

Room Tip: Non-pool facing side is as quiet as it gets. You still can hear the beat from the clubs from Wed-Sat...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hartland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was our first family trip to Mexico and I was slightly nervous. From the time we were picked up at the airport till we were dropped back off, we had absolutely the best experience at Fiesta Americana Villas!! The pool is so wonderful with plenty of activities and an awesome section just for the little ones. The staff at the pool and every restaurant were friendly, spoke English, and made every dining experience enjoyable! We were never disappointed with anything we ordered, and we laughed when our entire family agreed the pizza from the pool stone oven is the best we have ever had!! The concierge, Manuel, helped us with shuttle service to and from the airport and gave us wonderful recommendations for dinner! If you stay here look for Oscar who is one of the cab drivers outside. He gave us a wonderful city tour that was customized to our interests and very informative on the history of Acapulco. The hotel is updated, clean and friendly!! We will stay here again in the future! The staff truly cares about providing excellent customer service and making your stay memorable!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the "quiet side" not the "sunset side". We like our sleep and that...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here while on business, rather than for vacation, and was very satisfied.

The hotel seems to have plenty of staff, so valet parking and check-in were very quick and simple. The staff spoke good English (I speak virtually no Spanish) and were always happy to help.

I booked a double room at a rate of $119 per night and was very pleased with my room, which was large, with two big double beds, a good bathroom and shower with complimentary toiletries, satellite TV with Spanish and American channels, and a good wifi connection - which was free with the deal I booked.

The hotel's big plus is the views on offer - just amazing - which you can enjoy from a large balcony. The hotel is right on the beach, and if you book the right room, your balcony will be over the sea.

I didn't get to try out all the facilities, but the pool looks great, and I love the way some sun beds are located in shallow water, so you can literally roll off your bed into the water - towels are available near the pool. If you prefer the beach, well, you couldn't find a hotel with better access - walk straight onto the sand from the hotel premises.

Having driven the full length of the strip in Acapulco, I think this hotel is definitely located in the best part of town. There is a Starbucks located by the hotel entrance, and you're close to local bars and restaurants, as well as small supermarkets, a McDonalds and some clothing stores - Tommy Hilfiger, Quiksilver etc.

Of course, Acapulco is a party town, and so being in close proximity to bars and clubs, there is a fair bit of noise and music - especially at the weekend. The hotel is also right on the main road, so there is traffic noise. I didn't have a problem sleeping but if you're looking for total peace and quiet, you won't get it here.

Acapulco is unfortunately developing a reputation for high crime, but I never felt at risk while visiting, and I definitely felt safe in this hotel. The rooms are secure, with an in-room safe and the hotel reception staff were also happy to exchange my dollars for pesos. The rooms were cleaned thoroughly each day, and I definitely recommend this hotel - I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have been staying at the Fiesta Americana Villas in Acapulco for many years. The staff is better than outstanding...from the General Manager - Alejandro, to Jesus' the Guest Manager, to Enrique the pool Manager....they all make you feel like part of their family and go out of their way to make sure everything is great. The Hotel is spotless and they are spending alot of money to maintain the high levels of comfort. We spend at least four weeks here and not one day has been anything less than perfect. The views of Acapulco Bay are beautiful. The beach is awesome. The location on the Condessa is perfect for restaurants and entertainment. Feel comfortable hopping on the busses and riding to other parts of the Condessa. DO NOT believe the media regarding Acapulco. Acapulco is way safer than most US cities. We have been going to Acapulco for over 30 years and feel very safe and secure. The weather can not be beat....

Room Tip: Want sunset views and party noise...West side...East side is quieter. The Suites are VERY nice, wit...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Pinellas Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was my fifth year staying at the Fiesta and it has easily become my home away from home. From the moment I step out of the airport shuttle until I step back in on my departure, I am welcomed by the great staff and made to feel at home and the begininning of another great stay begins. Most of the staff remember me from prior years. I love having a junior suite and make sure I always get a room on the east side and as high up as I can get. Rooms on the west side tend to be noisier. They have been doing some soft renovations this year including new mattresses which were not as hard as they have been in the past and painting the outside of the hotel. Free wifi is now also being offered with a fast connection and you can get it at the upper pool too. The location of this hotel can't be beat--right in the heart of the Condessa area near restaurants and nightlife.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter. The closer to the bay and the higher up you can get, the better...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco? Share your experiences!