“Love Acapulco 1st. Maralisa 2ed.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maralisa Hotel and Beach Club

You added Maralisa Hotel and Beach Club to your Saves list
Maralisa Hotel and Beach Club
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Alemania S/N & Costera M. Aleman | Fraccionamiento Magallanes, Acapulco 39670, Mexico   |
Ranked #138 of 178 Hotels in Acapulco
DAYTON OH.
“Love Acapulco 1st. Maralisa 2ed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2006

very nice place only 5 stories high 2 great pools beachside resturant great staff been going for 14 yrs. stayed at maralisa 12 of those yrs.

• Stayed December 2002, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2005

I booked this hotel for a 2 week stay. From other Howard Johnson hotels being decent and clean to stay at we figured this would be the same way.
WRONG big time! The rooms were very dirty, tiles on the floor were all cracked. We were greated by black mold that was in the walls going from above the headboard on the bed to the other side. The shower was rusty in spots with water dripping down. There was also black mold all the way around the shower area. The sink in the bathroom was dripping all the time and it was rusty as well. There was a huge Cockaroach on the bathroom counter when we opened the door. I screamed and slammed the door shut.
The door to enter the hotel room had huge spaces all the way around it to the point you could see who was walking by.. not a very secure situation at all. The pool area tiles need to have a serious scrub.. They are all dingy and black looking as well.
I would not recommed this place for anyone at all. I'm not looking for total perfection but this was just horrible.
I hope this helps you in your decision. I also took photos of everything I saw just so I could show people at home what I saw...

• Stayed July 2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2004

Really it was the worst experience i ever had, i agree with all the others hotel evaluations, the rooms was awful, when i arrived there wasn´t a TV, when i asked for one they brought it without remote control, the bath window was broken, so we were exposed in the bathroom¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡. I sincerely not recommend this hotel, you should try Costa Club Hotel, Calinda and Fiesta Americana among other that really offers and give the best services for your money. PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY and turn your vacations into a nightmare.

Thanks

Moore, OK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2004

This was the worst hotel I've ever checked in to. The rooms were dirty, and there was a really funky mildew/mold thing growing on the bathroom walls that was very disturbing. The "armoire" doors were broken, so when you opened it to watch tv the doors just fell off. The air didn't work, and it is HOT and HUMID in Acapulco folks - so we were pretty miserable. I just can't even explain how awful the rooms were. (lucky us - we reserved two) I actually took pictures because I was afraid our friends and family back home wouldn't believe how bad it was. This place was our worst nightmare. We've happily stayed in affordable hotels before - we're actually pretty easy going - all we need is clean and cool. This place was neither. The pool wasn't bad, but after the funk I saw in the room I was a bit scared to let the kids swim in it. We promptly checked out & went elsewhere. I'm not sure who would recommend this hotel, but I sure wouldn't. For the record, the hotel is no longer affiliated with Howard Johnson's, and hasn't been for a couple of years. We've stayed at both the Hyatt and Fiesta Americana in Acapulco, and each of those blows this hotel away. Seriously folks, take my advice and avoid this dump at all costs.

Monroe, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2004

Have stayed at the maralisa many times over the years.It has a wonderful breakfast room, is on a great section of the beach, has 2 nice pools and friendly staff. if you are looking for a slick, modern hotel, this is not for you. If you want old world charm, you could not ask for more.

• Stayed March 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2003

Have stayed there 2 times and is a good location, oceanfront , not kind of quaint. The rooms are average, clean, staff and food good. I have been up and down the strip and is probably the best bang for the buck.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2002

We booked four rooms at this place because of fodor's recommendation. It is filthy dirty, and disgusting with mold growing on the ceilings, walls and floors. It has not been cleaned ever. Each of our rooms was worse than the one before, and when we tried to leave they offered us their "best" ocean front suite. It was gross and I wouldn't allow any of our children to touch anything. We are very adventurous travellers, but this place is shameful. I called Howard Johnson's and was told they no longer r epresent this hotel. It's too bad, but really is beyond awful. We moved on as quickly as possible, and luckily found other accomodations.

Been to Maralisa Hotel and Beach Club? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Maralisa Hotel and Beach Club

Address: Calle Alemania S/N & Costera M. Aleman | Fraccionamiento Magallanes, Acapulco 39670, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Pacific Coast > Guerrero > Acapulco
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool
#34 On the Beach Hotel in Acapulco
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Maralisa Hotel and Beach Club 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Maralisa Hotel and Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Maralisa Hotel And Beach

If you own or manage Maralisa Hotel and Beach Club, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.