“Out dated hotel and lazy staff” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Galerias Monterrey

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Galerias Monterrey to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Galerias Monterrey
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Insurgentes 3961 | Col. Vista Hermosa, Monterrey 64640 , Mexico   |
Ranked #11 of 90 Hotels in Monterrey
seattle
“Out dated hotel and lazy staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I am staying at this for a total of 12 days. I have been here for 4 days and I really wish I would have picked a different hotel. Here are the issues so far:

1. No ice in any of the machines on the floors. Need to call for ice all the time. My room has fridge but it doesn't keep items cool at all.
2. This is a hotel for locals, not for tourists or business travelers. The hotel is packed all the time with locals using the pool and hanging in the front lobby. I am not talking about 4-5 people. I am talking 15-20 people in the lobby that only seats 12 most of the day.
3. Happy Hour is suppose to be from 7-8 everyday. In the last 4 days it has actually happened only twice. Kind of funny when I asked today at 7:45 they said it was already over. But they actually never put it out. Because it was not there at 7, or 7:30 either.
4. Rooms are run down and frankly dirty. I would not dare walk on the carpet with socks or barefoot. I plan to toss the sandals after this trip the floor is so dirty. Light has been out in one lamp the whole time. AC did not work the first day. And now that it works it is so loud that you can't sleep.
5. This is not anywhere close to the Sheraton standards.
6. Staff is lazy. I don't expect much except basic service and honest answers. I am not sure this hotel has those things on their to-do-list daily.

I have tipped the maid generously everyday, tips the staff for helping me...but I guess somethings will not change.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Glen Mills, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I and my husband and my daughter and my son-in-law traveled to Monterrey to seek a medical opinion. We chose this particular hotel, because it was the only totally smoke-free hotel offered in Monterrey. We were not disappointed. The rooms were comfortable and adequate, with two queen-size beds in each room. I believe that all the rooms have queen beds. The room was very clean and well-kept. Our rooms had a microwave and small refrigerator, as well as a safe. Each day we were provided with two small bottles of complimentary water, which was very much appreciated. Our rooms were very quiet; we were assigned to the 12th floor. At check in time, I explained that my daughter was ill and requested a more "quiet" floor. The hotel was filled to capacity, I believe. Nevertheless, we were assigned to one of the higher floors, which were especially quiet! I also had asked for a bath chair at the time I made the reservations by phone through Sheraton's toll free number. The chair was available, and there was no additional charge for it.

Each staff member that we met was exceptionally accommodating. I particularly appreciated the help from the cheerful young woman who served as the hostess in the dining area for the complimentary breakfast provided each day of our visit. Her name is Delia. I approached her for some help or guidance in using the vending machine which provided tokens for the washer and dryer. She went out of her way to help me. First she reached into her own wallet to provide me with the proper coins that I needed to insert in the vending machine. Then she walked me to the laundry area, while another employee took her place at the dining area. With her limited English, she walked me through the steps of using the machines. Then remarkably, she told me that her name was Delia, and she said that she was available for me if I had any further difficulties. What a pleasant surprise!

I mentioned the laundry facility --- a washer and dryer located on the second floor. We stayed for four nights, so the laundry facility was very helpful. The indoor pool is also located on the second floor, but we did not use this amenity. The buffet-style breakfast is also located on the second floor. We very much enjoyed the buffet each morning. The coffee was always freshly brewed and delicious. The fresh cut up fruit was phenomenal (honey dew mellon, watermelon, cantaloupe, some fresh pineapple, and sweet papaya). The hot dishes were varied each day, and we got to enjoy some Mexican breakfast dishes along with Delia's warm smile and greeting each morning.

My daughter and son-in-law needed to check out a day in advance of our reservation requirements, so that my daughter could be admitted to the hospital. Although my daughter was not able to give much notice, the hotel did not penalize us for giving up one of our rooms a day earlier than we originally planned.

All in all, our stay was very comfortable, secure, and pleasant. We used taxi service five or six times without any problems. We used the bridge from the second floor of the hotel to access the mall across the street. We also walked across the street to the large grocery store to purchase several jugs of water for our stay. The area feels safe and secure, the people are exceptionally friendly and helpful and very gracious, too. We would definitely stay here again, if we return to Monterrey.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the more likely it will be quiet (as told to us by the staff at the reception...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I didn't like it. The room was cleaned and large enough. The problem was with the noises: at first time in the morning I could hear, people talking in the next room, not in a loud voice, just normal voice. The walls seem paper! The same thing about noises coming from the street.
The others thing were great, but the important thing for a hotel is to avoid the noises in the room!
I like sheraton hotels, but I'm disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Spring, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Conveniently located near the Gallerias area. Good product for the price. Comfortable and very accommodating employees. Sumptuous morning buffet served until 10:30 where there is something for everyone. Limited room service menu. Shuttle service to the airport when pre-arranged. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Mexico Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The best beds in the hotel industry, good location for business and personal attention of your best, business service excellent and the breakfast first, the right price with the value
es un hotel muy bueno y limpo y ................................... genial

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Coahuila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We got an awesome rate with buffet included for four pax. It is located just right in front of an important commercial area, you´ll find everything near!! Besides you will get special treats for food in Sierra Madre Brewing company (restaurant)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rocky Mount
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

After a 30-40 minute (fast and furious) drive in a taxi ($280.00 pesos..TOTSA Taxi) arrived and in my room in less than 10 mins. Front Desk (David) was very helpful and made sure I understood where everything was and how to access it. I came to Monterrey, Mexico to visit a very good friend and since I do not speak spanish it was reassuring to find assistance when needed. I had read don't go, crime was too bad..it's too dangerous...all media hype..don't get me wrong..don't go there thinking you own the place. Everyone there was polite and very helpful. The hotel is directly across from the mall, which has everything there..movie theater, resturants and stores. There is a secure walk-way to the mall so you don't have to cross the 3 lane (6-7 lane) traffic. I felt in the hotel and would go back to the same hotel when i return. Room was clean and good condition.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Galerias Monterrey? Share your experiences!