“The perfect pied-à-terre” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Monterrey - San Pedro

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites Monterrey - San Pedro to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Monterrey - San Pedro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calzada San Pedro 103, Colonia del Valle, Monterrey 66220, Mexico (Formerly San Pedro Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 79 hotels in Monterrey
Montreal, Canada
“The perfect pied-à-terre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I have been working in San Pedro (Monterrey) 2-3 weeks per month since last September. After a couple of trips I could not take restaurants anymore plus it was getting quite expensive being in hotels all that time. I started to look for an affordable and safe place not too far from work and Spanish school where I could cook, do my laundry, have access to high speed internet, find the grocery store or a good choice of restaurants within walking distance, have access to a gym ideally with a pool. I visited several places in the area and the Staybridge seemed like the best choice and I have never regretted my choice. The staff is very nice. In fact they are almost like my local family now. The cleaning ladies are super nice and honest. There was even a time where I had a note with a sweater in my room when I returned saying that I had forgotten it 2 weeks before. Also the first time I decided to work at the pool outside on a Sunday, the gardener went on a mission to find me an extension cord long enough so that I could work on my laptop outside. They also always do their best to give me the same room to give me a sense of home. Quite frankly I do not think I could have done such a long mandate in Monterrey if I had not found the Staybridge.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
cleveland, oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2008

my overall stay in this hotel is probably 6 months over the years. Liked it when it was SanPedroSuites and like it still. The location is great, it is relatively quiet, free breakfast, the kitchenette is nice, too. On the weekend in the summer time the pool is mobbed with locals with kids, other than that the pool is really nice.
Good service as well.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Evansville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2006

This was to be our home away from home. We were relocating and stayed here for about 2 months. Everything was really suburb at the beginning. Maid service was excellent, always very nice to our 6 year old son. Very small apartment like. Nice parking and security. They had a outdoor pool that was always clean but we were here in March and was a little cold but not unbearable. Most often workers spoke English and would gladly help anything of need. Maid service does not speak English and I would suggest you translate what you need and write it on a note for the maid and she can read it. This worked very well for me.

After staying in the hotel for that long I noticed some new maids doing the room in which I think were just starting, I started noticing a dress gone and than a swimsuit ect....

We consulted management of them hotel and left immediately but do keep in mind we had stayed there 7 weeks without incident.
Susan

• Stayed February 2006
Leesburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2006

Conforms with what you'd expect from a Staybridge Suites. Plus pleasant, English speaking staff, attentive housekeeping staff, great breakfast buffet (included). The best thing about the Staybridge Suites, however, is the location. Right at the intersection of the Calzado de San Pedro and the Calzado del Valle, the Staybridge Suites benefits from a central location in the upscale municipality of San Pedro Garza. Easy walking to restaurants and shopping in "El Centrito" about 2 blocks away. And great running paths directly in front of the hotel. Good value, great location, friendly staff. Can't beat it!

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2005

San Pedro Suites is located in the "Valle" area of Garza Garcia.
This is were there are high end stores, restaurants, and large office and corporations. There are lots of good restaurants at walking distance.

We had a wonderful time; while my husband was away for business I could walk around and go shopping, or go to a cafe; or spend time in the gym or pool.

Suites are incredibly large, with full bedroom, living room and kitchen.
Service is excellent. A breakfast buffet is included, which was also good.
We had dinner at Luisiana, downtown Monterrey, which apparently is from the same group as San Pedro Suites. Luisiana was exquisite... try the Helado al Horno, or Baked icecream, it is incredible.

I would highly recommend San Pedro Suites for for leisure or business, but especially for extended stays. It is very similar to a 5 star american extended stay suites, buy with daily hotel service.
The property seemed fairly new, really clean and well kept.
Service was excellent. And the location was great, much better than staying downtown.
Hope this helps!

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2005

We had a very pleasant stay. Our two bedroom suite was huge, with all the amenities and appliances needed for a stay that lasted a month. Location is very convenient, next to "el Centrito", a comercial zone full of restaurants, shops and things to do, walking distance.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2005

I spent 5 days in the hotel and had a 1 bedroom unit. There are a couple of different room layouts for the one bedroom units. If possible ask for a room that has the kitchen fully enclosed. They have a 1 bedroom layout where the kitchen is a little more open into the living area, but the room felt smaller because of it. Only my opinion though. The room had a seperate kitchen area, bedroom and living room area. It felt like a small apartment and was very comfortable. The hotel is located in a very upscale neighboorhood and is very clean and modern.

The kitchen is well equipped with a fridge, 2 burner electric stove, dishwasher, microwave and sink. The one thing it did not have was an oven which would have been nice. The bathrooms were clean and neat.

The room had 2 televisions with a good assortment of local Mexico and International channels available from CableVision Monterrey. The TV's have composite video jacks in the back so you can plug a DVD player or VCR. They rent VCRs in the hotel for $5 per day. I brought a small DVD player along with some DVD's in my luggage and everything worked great.

I stayed in a one bedroom unit and bought my groceries at a local Soriana or HEB food store and cooked in the room. I had a garden view of the pool area which was quiet and did not have many visitors.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in Monterrey and is looking for that home feel. A business center with 3 PCs and a high-speed connection is available, but there is no in-room high speed data connections which would be nice.

Been to Staybridge Suites Monterrey - San Pedro? Share your experiences!