“Great value and pleasant surroundings” 4 of 5 stars

Plaza de Oro Hotel
461 Hidalgo Ave | Poniente Zona Centro, Monterrey 64000, Mexico   |
Ranked #35 of 79 Hotels in Monterrey
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great value and pleasant surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2006

Stayed at this hotel for our wedding - also had approximately 20 other people with our party. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the service prompt and friendly. My kids loved the junior suite, and I recommend it for the extra space for a small additional charge. The food was adequate. Overall, great value for the money, and I recommend the hotel highly.

• Stayed December 2005

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2003

What a delightful surprise when I needed a place to stay overnight in Monterrey on business! The staff was always pleasant and accomodating.
The building was clean and well lit. There was always some one available to assist me in obtaining a cab when needed and the food in the ground floor restaurant was well prepared and fresh. However the best feature for me was the proximity of such a fine hotel to the American Consulate where my business was. A walk across the plaza and turn a corner and you are at the front door! And the prices!!! What can I say to add to my delight? Nothing. All in all a great value for one of the most comfortable and convenient hotels I have ever enjoyed!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2002

Plaza de Oro is one of those great finds that you almost hate to tell anyone about. So just between you and me, this is a small, but very modern hotel offering first-class service and very clean, comfortable rooms at some of the most affordable rates in the city.

The only nit I can think of is that the place is rather cavernous and it can get loud in the morning when the Cafe Florian in the hotel lobby starts serving up breakfast and you hear plates clattering. Rooms do have an interior door that can be closed to quiet the ruckus, but I didn't know to use it the first night I stayed there.

But for an excellent quality room in a new downtown hotel for only about $65 a night...I can live with getting woken up once...

Been to Plaza de Oro Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Plaza de Oro Hotel

Address: 461 Hidalgo Ave | Poniente Zona Centro, Monterrey 64000, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Northern Mexico > Nuevo Leon > Monterrey
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #35 of 79 Hotels in Monterrey
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Plaza de Oro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Plaza de Oro Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.