“Good option but requires maintenance” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey/Galerias-Obispado

You added Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey/Galerias-Obispado to your Saves list
Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey/Galerias-Obispado
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Gonzalitos, 415 Sur | Colonia Obispado, Monterrey 64060, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save!
Ranked #9 of 90 Hotels in Monterrey
Chihuahua
“Good option but requires maintenance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Althought it is still a very good option to stay while in Monterrey, some items need maintenance. The room I stayed in the third floor the WC did not work well, as well as the TV signal was kind of bad. Last time I stayed in a just renovates room in the ground floor and was great.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have been visiting Monterrey for business for the last several years and I have picked this hotel in the past. It has been several months since my last visit and I found that the hotel is no maintained properly, the staff is not friendly, and the quality of the food has declined a lot. I do not plan to stay there anymore.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Hampton Inn is a great value for the money. Very quiet, large, comfortable rooms. Free breakfast plus a happy hour with food. No need to head out to dinner at the walking distance restaurants since I had my fill during the happy hour. Only downside was the limited English speaking TV channels. I will stay here everytime I need to visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ontario canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here as part of my cosmetic surgery package. It was extremely well situated with restraunts (Macdonalds and Applebees plus a few other) practically in the parking lot. There was a mall with a huge Drugstore/Deli/ grocery/ clothing store called HEB. You could get deli foods for lunch or pretty much anything you might have forgotten at home in this huge Walmart like store. There is a food court upstairs, theater, casino and a spotting of clothing and other shops. The theater was beautiful. very clean, comfortable with gorgeous gleaming floors and comfortable seating. We were also chuckling about the spanish subtittles as the picture we saw (Taken 2) was completely in english LoL. However I digress, back to the hotel. The hotel itself was nothing special however the staff was extremely accomodating. As I had 3 surgeries in a nearby clinic, I had special needs and the staff was very good about this. I needed a fridge for a 2 week stay and a lazy boy chair and the staff was right there. However the chair was cheap, old and uncomfortable. Something you would find at the roadside in Canada (not the staffs fault). The bed was old as well and not comfortable however the staff brought me the ridiculous amount of pillows I requested to prop me up ( again props to the staff0. The room was quite large. We never tried the pool which was out door and looked small . It seemed clean. The included breakfast buffet every morning was good at first but it was very repetative. After about 5-6 days we were very tired of it and only went down to check to see if we could dig up some different offering they might put out. Forget the free food a couple of nights a week. The beer is free at these events but the food is sparse and gets gobbled quickly. You can't make a supper out of it so don't count on it. They brought out food very sparingly, only enough for a few to eat at a time. They were aware of this but didn't seem to care.Frankly I don't know why they bothered. The locals seem to vacation there on the weekends. Probably due to the location, free breakfast and the pool. The hotel will take you within 10K (I think) however they may forget you there so have cab fare ready to get back just in case. In short this is not a high end Hilton and I have stayed in much nicer. However the amenities made it close to perfect for my stay. The value for the dollar is definately there. Also I felt safe in Monterrey compared to Cancun. Monterrey is a business district with no one bothering you. However there was a nasty incident at a nearby casino so I was told by my English speaking doctor to avoid them. That said I left my purse in the dining room and a staff member went out of their way to return it immediately. One last thing, there is a huge mall (lots of shopping but don't expect any bargains) nearby that the hotel will drop you off and pick you up at. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Monterrey being an industrial town, you will most likely be here for Business and this Hampton just like the Hilton Garden inn closeby isnt exactly in the business area or the old town (if in city for leisure) but its still better of than the HGI which is further away from all things Monterrey. This one has a mall closeby and few restaurants as well including an Applebee. There is a grocery store next door as well which can come handy for basic purchases. So from that perspective, this Hampton worked much better than my last stay at HGI.
Lobby is Ok, staff was slightly lax in their work as they took hundreds of minutes with each check-in. Room was ok too, I had a suite but furnishings were slightly outdated.
Overall, this Hampton worked out better than the HGI, due to the price I paid, and the location it has .

Room Tip: Opt for a room farthest from the lobby for it will be closer to Applebees ;) (and frankly speaking I...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
EliRmz, Gerente at Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey/Galerias-Obispado, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for staying with us!!

We work every day to exceed your expectations and your comments will help us to become our hotel in the best place to stay for you!

We invite you to stay with us again to have the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction,

Mason City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was a wonderful experience. The hotel was close to great food and shopping. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I especially liked the suite which had a microwave, sink and refrigerator for personal use.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Guest, we love to have you with us!

It was a pleasure to welcome you, I´ll share your comments with my team, they will be happy to hear that your experience with us has been nice!!

Come back soon to our hotel, we will be waiting for you!

san diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is a but dated, but clean, comfortable, and close to one of the main malls. Its also right next to a Starbucks, a strip mall and huge grocery store. breakfast was included in my rate. They have their own taxi stand which is a plus.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your business and thank you for sharing your comments!

Our hotel has an excellent location, in the heart of our beautiful Monterrey, surrounded by excellent restaurants, shopping malls and all what you need to have a great stay!! And everything in a walking distance!

Come and stay with us again and give us the chance to create a great experience for you!

Elizabeth Ramírez

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey/Galerias-Obispado? Share your experiences!