“Excellent for the price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey/Galerias-Obispado

You added Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey/Galerias-Obispado to your Saves list
Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey/Galerias-Obispado
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Gonzalitos, 415 Sur | Colonia Obispado, Monterrey 64060, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 91 Hotels in Monterrey
san diego
“Excellent for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is a but dated, but clean, comfortable, and close to one of the main malls. Its also right next to a Starbucks, a strip mall and huge grocery store. breakfast was included in my rate. They have their own taxi stand which is a plus.

• Stayed March 2013
EliRmz, Gerente at Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey/Galerias-Obispado, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your business and thank you for sharing your comments!

Our hotel has an excellent location, in the heart of our beautiful Monterrey, surrounded by excellent restaurants, shopping malls and all what you need to have a great stay!! And everything in a walking distance!

Come and stay with us again and give us the chance to create a great experience for you!

Elizabeth Ramírez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Location is great, next to a strip mall/movie theater, huge grocery store, several restaurants nearby, gated entrance with survailliance cameras. Room was not luxury nor crappy, it was clean, furniture, paint was a few years old but in good condition. Absolute best thing about the room is the high shower head, I'm almost 6ft and my husband is 6'4". They only give you a few towels, no washrags but basic amenities, soap, shampoo, lotion, instant coffe/maker, hairdryer and iron/ironingboard. I agree that the staff was a little robot-like as another reviewer put it. But always attentive to my needs. There was a big sign in the lobby for complimentary shuttle service but when I asked for it, I was told it would not be available and had to use a cab.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us, we truly appreciate your business, and I am glad to know that you had a nice stay.

Thank you too for share your comments, you are the reason of our daily work!

Come back soon and give us the opportunity to serve you again!

Gerente General
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I made my reservation on the phone, from my home in St Louis, and when I got to the hotel, they arbitrarily changed the prices, and the points I needed per night, and when I told them about my phone reservation, they just told me I was lying and they could do nothing.

Very frustrating and unfair, I did not expect this from a Hilton Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
EliRmz, Gerente at Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey/Galerias-Obispado, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest:

My name is Elizabeth Ramírez, General Manager of the Hotel.

We have received your comments of your last stay with us in your hotel Hampton Inn Monterrey Galerías Obispado. We would like to say you thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we work every day to exceed your expectations and we apologize if this did not happen during your last stay.

Your concerns are our concerns, and you can be confident we´re taking the necessary actions to improve our service.

We would like to offer you our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, as part of our commitment to your satisfaction.

Please contact us so we can proceed to apply our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

Best Regards,

miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed only 2 nights in Jan 2013... Moved to nearby Marriott Courtyard. Stayed here on a coworkers recommendation. Awful stay.
As a Gold Hhonors member, I was given the last room overlooking a parking tower instead of Monterrey's beautiful mountains. Staff was unresponsive to my request for a better room. Very robot-like.
Location was the ugliest parking lot in all of Monterrey, right next to the biggest highway in town.
How can a hotel in Mexico not have a in-room safe is way beyond me.
Breakfast was mediocre and crowded.
Thankfully, there is a nice Courtyard on San Jeronimo and I moved there after 2 nights... This place was bad and I will not return.

Room Tip: If you must stay here...try to get a room with a view of the parking lot... and the mountains in the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
EliRmz, Gerente at Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey/Galerias-Obispado, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Good Afternoon!

My name is Elizabeth Ramírez, I am the General Manager of the Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and help us to grow.

We work really hard to exceed your expectations, and I apologize If we didn´t reach our goal during your last stay.

We would like to offer you our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, If you are not satisfied we don´t expect you to pay!! Please contact me and I´ll be happy of refund you your payment as part of our commitment with your satisfaction.

Once againg thank you for staying with us and for give us your feedback, we really appreciate your comments.

Elizabeth Ramirez
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Was in town one night for business. Property was in a good area of town, many eating choices nearby. Room was clean, quiet, only dissatisfaction was the AC, the fan would cut on and off with the AC compressor. I prefer units that you can run the fan continiously. Good hot Mexican breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Laredo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton over Christmas weekend 2011. The room is typical of the Hampton brand which i love. Always a great rest- Their beds are very comfy. Christmas Day breakfast was delicious, children were opening presents under the reception's Christmas trees where Santa dropped them off, which I thought was ingenious and very customer service oriented of the staff. When in the area I always choose this hotel. They don't offer room service but the apple bees nearby will bring the food to your room and within 20 mins, much faster than other hotels with in-house restaurants.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Mexico City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed for four days. The rooms are pleasant. My coffee pot didn't work and it took them two days to replace it, then they didn't leave bottled water in the room. What is pleasant about this hotel is the breakfast area. Breakfasts are rather ample, and during the weekday evenings they offer snacks for guests as well as soft drinks and beer (unless it runs out). I found the neighborhood rather pleasant, although the casino that gangsters firebombed killing 52 people is only three blocks away.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
HamptonGalerias, Gerente at Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey/Galerias-Obispado, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Dear Guest,
thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us, my sincere apologies for the coffe pot that didnt work and the bottle of water, we will make sure this doesnt happen again.

I´m glad that you enjoyed the hsopitality of our staff ,our evening snacks and beer this has become very popular with our guests, again, thanks for your time and feedback, we look forward to serve you again soon

with kind regards
Jorge Aquino

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey/Galerias-Obispado? Share your experiences!