“Mixed bag. Dated property/very good service/economical” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Monterrey Norte

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Monterrey Norte to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Monterrey Norte
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Universidad 101 | Co El Roble, Monterrey 66450, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 79 hotels in Monterrey
Evergreen, Colorado
“Mixed bag. Dated property/very good service/economical”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

My first time in Mexico and this hotel is used often by my employer due to it's proximity to our facility here. This is probably a bit below average for US standards. The lobby, restaurant, and bar are very nice and the service and food were quite good, but the rooms were a bit dated - this one big turn off for me was the bathroom (The tub was a bit "icky"), but clean overall. However, I would probably stay here again if in the area. My co-worker had the suite which was also dated, but very large and a step up from the regular room. For the money a very good deal...

Room Tip: Get a suite - twice the size and still cheap at around $100 US Dollars
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Columbus MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

I stayed for about one week beginning about Dec 29, 2010. I find Mexico charming and overlook minor issues as a difference of culture. However, on the night of Dec 29, 2010, there was a live-band party booked 25 feet from my exterior wall which was entirely glass. This party lasted until 12:30 AM. No, Im did not complaint a) I wasn't going to move my possessions to another room, b) I wasn't going to move children to another room, c) my complaint would not stop a scheduled/booked party. HORRIBLE, POOR MANAGEMENT. During my stay, the weather was both hot and then cold. The central heaters were turned on. Even when turned down completely in the room, the heat still seeps in. Sleeping was impossible in a sweatbox. I called the front desk at 2 am on Jan 2, 2011 and talked to Jorje. From my experience in the Lodging industry, lesser capable employees are given the night shift. Jorje was extremely rude and attempted to "over-talk" me by interupting me and raising his voice. At 2 am I went to the front desk to talk to the rudester in person with a video camera in my hand. Jorje changed as he spoke to the video camera and was very polite. Jorje had to be very rude to make me get dressed at 2 am and go see him in person. This is not typical behavior of persons in the hospitality industry in Mexico. Restaurant is great. All other employees great. Roomm are clean. Water is hot. Security is fair. Enough English spoken at front desk if needed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

My stay there EXCELLENT!!!! I was there for a total of 25 days.
They made my stay easy from help with the rental car to dry cleaning. The room service and the house keeping also Superb!! I believe that in between the heat and the congestion this hotel is truely a "Diamond in the Rough!"

• Liked — srevice
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

This hotel was a choose of the company and it was a good one. The rate included a bufett breakfast.

The room is really good and convenient, with all the services you can expect on a Holiday Inn.

The bad new is the location. In the nearby area you won't fine nothing nice to go and have a nice walk, everything looks so dirty and "popular".

• Liked — Rooms and breakfast
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Monterrey Norte? Share your experiences!