Av. San Jeronimo is a very busy street but the hotel sits back from the street and the rooms are reasonably quiet. The hotel is built around a central atrium, and this is a bigger noise problem, as noises and conversations from the dining area in the courtyard on the ground level tend to echo up the walls and if your room faces "in" towards the atrium, it can be noisy in the morning. The rooms are reasonably spacious with a good sized desk, so working in your room is possible. beds are comfortable, rooms are reasonably decorated for the price. The interior decor is not the latest and greatest, but reasonable...a previous writer noted that things are a bit "dated" and I would agree. There is some parking out front, otherwise there is more (but not a lot) located underneath the building. Probably the best aspect to this hotel is that fact that it adjoins four restaurants, one of which, La Nacional, is one of the best restaurants in the greater Monterrey metropolitan area. La Escondida is another (not quite as good as La Nacional but certainly acceptable). Nikkori is a popular local chain of Asian restaurants. Lucca went out of business, it is reopening as La Bocha. All can easily be reached, on foot, in less than a minute.
There is a Marriott Courtyard high-rise to the east. San Pedro is only minutes away, by way of the Calzada San Pedro. Av. Gonzalitos is a short distance to the east. The regional fashion mall, Galerias Monterrey is nearby (not far to walk but the surrounding area is pedestrian unfriendly and there are a lot of barriers awaiting the pedestrian who tries to do this). The office towers in Santa Maria are a short distance to the west, and it is not far to Santa Catarina with its industrial parks. So depending on where you have business, this hotel is conveniently located.
This hotel does a good volume of business, you might want to make sure that you have a reservation or if not, plan on arriving in the late afternoon in order to get a room. Expect to wait awhile when checking in, the front desk seems to be chronically understaffed. They did apologize for the long wait to check in. So yes, overall, this is okay.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Galerias San Jeronimo Hotel Monterrey
- Holiday Inn Express Galerias San Jeronimo Hotel
- Holiday Inn Monterrey
- Monterrey Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get ready at the Holiday Inn Express Galerias San Jeronimo. Our hotel is strategically located in the financial and commercial district in western Monterrey. We’re a few minutes from the major firms of the Valle area and a wide variety of restaurants for every taste, including Italian, Japanese, and Mexican cuisine. Our location offers quick access to the downtown area. The Holiday Inn Express Galerias San Jeronimo offers high-speed Internet access in rooms and wireless Internet in public areas for your comfort. Ask about rooms with a view of the Sierra Madre mountain chain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Galerias San Jeronimo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.