“Map Location is Wrong” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 90 Hotels in Monterrey
Vancouver, Canada
“Map Location is Wrong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Make sure you get the address, the location on the trip advisor map if very far from the hotel. If you put in the above address in google it will also bring you to the wrong place. Put this in Google: Safi Royal Luxury Hotel, Avenida José Ma. Pino Suárez 444, Centro, Monterrey, NL, Mexico.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Safi Towers (previously named the Safi Royal Luxury Centro) several times over the years and each time have approached the reception on check-out with trepidation, wondering what charges they had found to add this time and how fierce the argument would be.

This time no such problem - at least not after finally getting through to the receptionist that the room was prepaid in the UK and that the bill she was trying to present me with was invalid. We parted company cheerfully and I went on my merry way blissfully unaware of any problems.

But problems there were on my return to the UK when I found that my credit card had been charged with 600 pesos plus, but for what? This appears to be one night's accomodation but as I stayed and paid for 3 nights, why one night only? I have emailed the hotel pointing out their mistake with no reply forthcoming, I have contacted my cc company and reported an unauthorised charge and I have contacted the travel agent and told them to resolve this problem.

TO SAFI'S MANAGEMENT: I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK ONE WAY OR ANOTHER - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I requested a room in one of the towers as these have windows if only small ones. They attempted to put me in the garden rooms which sound great but having stayed in these before I strongly declined. Due to the the way these rooms are accessed i.e. via a an open corridor the only window in the rooms faces onto this corridor which means that if you value your privacy the curtains have to be permanently closed as people walk past the window continuously. This, needless to say makes the room pitch black. You might as well not have a window at all.

I was eventually allocated a room in the old tower; large, comfortable but with very noisy ac. At least I could get a modicum of natural light. Being in the old tower however I felt cut off from the rest of the hotel which physically I was, with reception and the restaurant being across the car park.

The pool is pretty but small, not big enough to actually swim but at weekends it is so full that that would be impossible anyway. I would have thought that after nearly doubling the capacity of the hotel by building the 2nd tower they would have considered enlarging the pool??!!

Breakfast is excellent but possibly a bit pricey at around 300 pesos including tip. Service is good even though this mealtime can be hectic. Unfortunately the rest of the menu is not so good and is dominated through the week by themed buffets of variable quality for lunch and dinner. For instance cooking a steak medium rare seems to be beyond the chef's ability.

Most staff are friendly and helpful but the reception has a certain lack of english and sometimes the staff use this to avoid answering tricky questions.

This is probably my last time at the Safi. For me it has had its day.

Room Tip: Avoid garden rooms if want light and privacy combined.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Safi_Hotels, Gerente at Safi Royal Luxury Towers, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
The Hotel Management is aware of your problem, we are very consern about the situation. Please provide name and contact number so we can resolve your problem has soon has possible.

Regards,
Monterrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I booked one weekend for my family (wife and 3 small children). I was greatly surprised by the hotel and the staff.

Granted, the hotel location is not the best, (I.E., I would not walk outside with my family in the evening, Perhaps on mornings and noon is OK)
Although is on one of the busiest streets in the city, is very peaceful and quite inside the hotel rooms and gardens.
Our room was located in the garden which was great for my kids who wanted to be in the pool all the time.
The room was very clean, so were the linens. Bathroom was very standard was also extremely clean, water was instant hot and good pressure. A/C worked just fine in a 100F weather.

The pool was excellent for my kids, depth is 4ft 3 in which is great for kids, not too deep but still they can manage some jumps. Pool also has a small waterslide.
They keep it really clean and is heated.

Hotel staff is really friendly and helpful.
The restaurant carries a buffet which is really good. At leat the breakfast, which is the one we tasted.

I will definetively come back soon.

Room Tip: There are rooms with carpet and rooms with a wooden-like material. Rooms layout and areas are equal...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel is located near the city center. The access to rooms is through on several outdoor corridors, and there is a swimming pool and a garden between them. Have a walk on Morelos St. and Macroplaza is a must in Monterrey. Take care if you go out at night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Stettler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

simply stunning hotel in downtown monterrey. I stayed there this fall for 1 week as I had a tragic instident in my life. The staff were great the hotel was 5 out of 5. The food was delicious, it was quiet, other than a little construction next door, This hotel was like a castle inside such stunning artwork and marble the bed was cozy and comfortable. will come back

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed there twice during my vist to monterrey, and of the good things about this hotel it's security (very secured hotel) in Monterrey Mexico.
I have only one comment which is the breakfast it is a very traditional one not an international breakfast. I think they have to improve their dishes for breakfast and not to stick with the traditional Mexican food.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Rio Grande Valley, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed here two nights in early September and found the accommodations to be excellent for the price. Luxurious rooms with very comfortable beds, beautiful bathrooms and a hind reclining armchair made for a comfortable stay. The desk was perfect for what I needed too. The WiFi was a bit slow at times, but the desk had an Ethernet connection which would be faster (though I did not try it)
The restaurant had excellent food, a decent variety with helpful staff. The wait staff were also very helpful, though occasionally sarcastic which I did not appreciate. The restaurant prices were a bit on the high side (probably due to the fact that more people eat in nowadays than to of nearby eating places and
watering holes) and are taking advantage of it. The location is in a hectic part of the south side of downtown and I really did not venture out into the streets much after all I was here on business. There is a nice looking park nearby but I did not have a chance to go there. A very business orientated hotel, with a high end feel at mid-range prices.I will be staying here again for sure!

Room Tip: There is a good view of the city from the upper floors.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Safi Royal Luxury Towers? Share your experiences!