“Room with views on restaurant hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Ambassador

You added Sheraton Ambassador to your Saves list
Sheraton Ambassador
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hidalgo 310 Oriente | Zona Centro, Monterrey 64000, Mexico   |
Ranked #25 of 90 Hotels in Monterrey
Santiago
“Room with views on restaurant hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

While the front desk and room staff at this hotel were friendly, and the room lay-out was comfortable, the room looked out on the inside of the hotel, i.e. the restaurant, which was not nice at all. It was very noise in the morning, difficult to sleep. The wifi was erratic. Breakfast service not the best, although the choice was wide. Strategic location. It was OK for a work-related stay, but it could have been much better.

Room Tip: Be sure not to go into one of the rooms with inside hotel view.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Sheraton_Monterrey, Social Media Champion at Sheraton Ambassador, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Mr. Moritz73,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay.

We are so glad our associates assistance was what you expected and that you enjoy our location. Also we appreciate your comments about the restaurant we will work on those points with our chef in order to improve our service. And we will take care about the wi-fi issue as well.

Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Parksville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

GPS trouble could not find the hotel that i had reservations at. The front desk staff here tried to cancel my reservation for me but was to late. The young man at the desk offered to come with us and show us where the hotel was (25minutes by car). As it was late and we were hungry i declined and got a room here. So glad I did the staff are awesome! The location is perfect. The best place ever. The value for the money cannot be disputed.

• Stayed October 2014
Sheraton_Monterrey, Social Media Champion at Sheraton Ambassador, responded to this review, November 20, 2014
Dear JeffLindaTevi,

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your recent stay at the Sheraton Ambassador.
We are glad you enjoyed our location, and that our service met your expectations.
Again, we thank you for your comments and we look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back Monterrey.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

First the good:
The restaurant Vitriale had good food and excellent service.
The Bad:
Everything else. The hotel is old dirty and the rooms are very dark and have a foul odor to them until you crank up the A/C. In the morning of my second day, I went to iron my clothes only to find that the iron was broken and the ironing board was bent. I went to the front desk and explained my situation to them and asked for replacement iron and ironing board. When I returned to the room I did have a new Iron but a disgustingly filthy used board with some type of unknown brown drippings on the cover. The old ones were left behind.
When I went to get ice, the machine was the tub type with no way to scoop out the cubes...I guess they expect you to use your hands...no thanks...I'll pass
This is my third reservation at this hole and I have compromised quality and cleanlieness for location. My business plans had changed and I had to check out one day early. I was advised at the desk that they were "penalizing" me and making me pay for the extra day. Nice way to treat the business traveler.
I travel extensively ( Hilton Diamond) and I am relatively easy to please...a clean room and decent service. Recieved neither at this Sheraton. Its pretty apparent that they would rather the tourists, conventions and vacationers then business travelers.

Do yourself a favor...don't stay here!

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Sheraton_Monterrey, Social Media Champion at Sheraton Ambassador, responded to this review, October 31, 2014
Dear Mr. Michael C,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Ambassador.
I do apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. I notify our Housekeeping Manager, who takes this feedback very seriously and has addressed this issue. About the iron and iron board and the ice machine.
In the last year, the property has made investments to improve guest’s satisfactions. We are aware that, there is still a lot to do, but we are now actually working for a project to refurbish the property.
We are glad you enjoyed our restaurant Los Vitrales.
Again, we thank you for your comments and we look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back Monterrey so you could see the changes.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2014

I use to travel to Monterrey, this hotel is my last option. I stayed Twice and last time I received again a noisy and ugly room, bad service and bad food. Sincerely there are many others Hotels with lower rates that are much better than the Sheraton Ambassador.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Sheraton_Monterrey, Social Media Champion at Sheraton Ambassador, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
Dear Mr. Matias,

I do apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us to know what service specifically needs to be improved. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team so that they address these issues. If on your next visit you got any inconvenience let us know and certainly we will fix them for you.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 15 days when I was in Monterrey for a business visit. I found this hotel pretty standard and comfortable . I liked the position of the hotel. Its just in middle of city center . Market place and restaurants are pretty close. very much in walking distance . Shopping streets are also to close . Just one block away . Place is too happening until mid night. Hotel service also very good and having lot of options in breakfast. I liked this place.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Kousik_goon,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Ambassador.
We are so glad you enjoyed our location and your breakfast buffet. We are thrilled that our service meets your expectation that’s our goal.

Mexico City, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

There is a noice during all night that does not let you sleep; I think it is because of the elevators. The showers do not have a place to put shampoo or soap when you take a shower and there is no plastic carpet or protector in the floor, so you can fell down. When you open the shower you can get burn as the design of the glass door is not good, not save.

Room Tip: Be sure that elevators are not close and that the shower is a save place to take a shower.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Sheraton_Monterrey, Social Media Champion at Sheraton Ambassador, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Dear Perla35,

We will work on the design of the bathroom so on your next visit you won’t present this issues. Cause we do care about your safety. And about the noise it did came from the elevator so we will address that issue as well.

Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed in this hotel two nights during a business trip. One day, my customer had a seminar for 40 people in one of the ballrooms. I had to ask them twice to vacuum - they just didn't clue into the stuff on the carpet left over from the wedding the night before. Other than that, the seminar seemed to go ok.

It took forever to check in and out of this hotel. My room was on the 6th floor. The room was comfortable and felt clean. I didn't need to use the AC too often but when I did, it wasn't excessively loud and annoying. The bed was comfortable - not too hard or soft. The bathroom seemed clean but could use an update. At least the hair dryer was a regular one and not the box thing on the wall. The towels were very heavy kind of in an annoying way. Be careful in the tub because there was no grippers and a person could easily slip. Wifi was available and free. I didn't have any problems with it working.

I ordered room service twice - with the same thing - chiliquiles, Mexican hot chocolate and guacamole. The first time the hot chocolate was luke warm and regular. The second time I specifically asked for Mexican hot chocolate that was hot. And I received just that, a hot pot of chocolate spiked with spices. The first plate of chiliquiles had more chicken. Anyway, I was happy and ate it. The buffet breakfast was good - lots of variety and traditional Mexican dishes. Our waitress was very attentive.

There is a huge problem with noise as all the rooms open into the atrium. The first night I didn't notice the second door between the bedroom and the entry hall. The next night when the wedding reception was in full swing, I shut the door and didn't really hear anything.

If you don't want the cleaning ladies to come into your room, you need to put the not disturb sign out. One lady knocked like once and before I could put my pants on, she barged in. No apology just a cheerful - I'm here to see if you need anything... Anyway, within the next 10 minutes, two more rang the door. It got really annoying.

I charged my taxi to the hotel and used a hotel taxi for the airport. Early in the morning it takes about 30 minutes to get to the airport

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Sheraton_Monterrey, Social Media Champion at Sheraton Ambassador, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Mr. IntlTrainer,
We are aware that, there is still a lot to do, but we are now actually working for a project to refurbish the property. We will take care of the things you mentioned such as the bathroom and the grippers. About the ballroom, I apologize again that we were not aware it needed to be vacuum, we will prevent this to happen again checking each room before an event.
We are glad you enjoyed our location, your breakfast and your Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed.

Katherine Valdes

Been to Sheraton Ambassador? Share your experiences!