“Treatment of Guests” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points Monterrey Linda Vista

You added Four Points Monterrey Linda Vista to your Saves list
Four Points Monterrey Linda Vista
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Miguel Aleman | Colonia Torre Linda Vista, Monterrey 67138, Mexico   |
Ranked #34 of 93 Hotels in Monterrey
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Treatment of Guests”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I have visited Monterrey many times and usually stay at the Four Points Galerias or the Staybridge Suites. This is my first stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Linda Vista. I arrived yesterday and will depart on Wednesday. The hotel is comparable with other Four Points Hotels with one exception. I made it clear when I made the reservations that I have friends and family who live in Monterrey that would be visiting me during my stay. Two of my friends came over and we went to dinner. Upon returning to the hotel I received a knock on the door and was physically escorted to the front desk. Leonardo the front desk clerk informed me that I was precluded from having any guests in my room, that there was a public area across from the front desk where I must meet with any guests, that the were not allowed in my room. I informed him that I had never heard of such an outrageous policy. How would one do business with associates otherwise. Finally he said that if they were to be in my room they would have to produce identification to him. One of my guests had their ID, the other did not have their drivers license. My guest was forced to get on the internet and have personal documents emailed to the hotel.. All this in the middle of the night. I have never experienced anything like this in visiting Mexico in the past 40 years. This will be my last stay at the Four Points Linda Vista in Monterrey.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kiel, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Four Points Linda Vista is located on the main road to the airport, which is about 20 minutes away. I cannot remember the hotel offering a courtesy shuttle, but I can be wrong. Taxi service; however, is readily available.
Within walking distance, you will find a WalMart and a number of other shops, various restaurants, the Sierra Madre Brewing Company as well as some bars just across the road for nocturnal activities. There also is Multiplaza shopping centre with a cinema nearby.
The hotel offers free parking and wifi, a good breakfast buffet with fresh items cooked to order, a reasonably well-equipped fitness suite and indoor pool just across the breakfast room and also free coffee and computer terminals to use in the lobby.
For using the elevator, you will need your keycard. The rooms (I had a king size bedroom with a view to the car park) have a good size, are comfortable and have a coffee maker/ tea kettle, a mini bar and a flat screen TV. I found the bed very comfortable, the rooms were cleaned made up nicely every day. I felt that the general state of the bathroom could use an update though.
I agree with one of the previous posters that Four Points Linda Vista is a bit on the expensive side, considering deals on other, even nicer hotels you are able to get in Monterrey. However, for my visits to Monterrey, Four Points Linda Vista is located very conveniently, it is safe, comfortable and clean. I would definitely book here again.

Room Tip: Go for the junior suite for better views if you can get an upgrade
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
shamir
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

we took the apartment in the hotel. the aprtment is great, very large, and has a view with a wonderful view.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Fairfield Twp Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

This hotel was very clean and comfortable and I felt safe. You had to use your hotel card to used the elevator. The staff was very attentive and helpful. This is the first time I had to use my card to turn the lights on in the room - that would have been nice to know ahead of time :) There is a white box next to the door that you have to slide your card into and leave there while you are in the room. The beds were very firm but comfortable. Breakfast was very good as well.

Room Tip: The view of the mountains was beautiful from the front rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We arrived at Linda Vista with mixed feelings about the hotel accommodation as a result of other trip advisor reviews. Yes the road was bad, but that didn't really bother us. When we arrived we were blown away by the view, it really was magical.

We paid a little extra to stay in one of the junior suites but when we entered our room we were very disappointed. The room looked tired and in need of a good clean and a lick of paint. There was a clear lack of attention to the rooms a problem we would find throughout the hotel.

The pool area and sun deck were nice and the views from here were great. Sipping a glass of wine watching the sunset was lovely.

The staff were extremely u helpful and didn't seem to know the local area nor were they able to organise any trips for us. We were amazed by their slack attitude.

Breakfast was fine but dinner was poor - the food was uninspiring and poorly prepared. We had to eat in the hotel every night because we did not have a car. It is quite pricy to make the journey to Fortuna, so we would recommend a car. A taxi is easily organised if you don't mind paying for it.

We loved volcano arenal and the surrounding area even though the weather was quite bad. We also felt that the location was perfect for enjoying the view, but not great if you want to be close to the action.

Overall this hotel is well located but it has become complacent and does not care about its standards because they must think the view makes up for it. Whilst I would recommend staying in the area, I'd recommend staying at a different hotel.

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms nearer the reception appear to have been updated.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple