TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Culiacan
Mexico City
“complies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

Fairly nice accommodations. Well located. When reserving ask for the Shuttle from the Airport.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

My USA baseball team stayed here for the 2007 World Baseball Tournament. We were put in the newer section of the hotel and everything was perfect for the group. We were treated with much respect and each detail was carefully looked at to make sure we were satisfied and happy. The front desk was very helpful to give us information as to where to eat, where to shop...and also make sure we had ice each day to put on our players arms after each days games. The hotel also furnished meals to all the players which were pretty good. This hotel also housed the players from all the other countries, so I believe the staff were very busy but still took the time to give the type of service we needed.
All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We are all coming back for another trip in August 2010 and know this will be another great stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2006

I had booked a room for 6 nights via their website. Received a confirmation but no details. My plans changed and I had to arrive a day early so I booked a room via a different website.

Entrance has a small driveway(3-4 cars max) and you need to use the free valet service. The valets and busboys were very attentive and provided good service. Beautiful lobby, tiled, marble, with reception desk, bar, disco entrance, seating area, and stairway leading down to the restaurant and other bar.

First night my room was "Deluxe Room With Either 1 Queen Size Bed Or 1king Bathroom With Shower Wet Bar" None of their rooms have a king bed even though it is offered on the websites. My room had 2 queens beds, mattresses were old, semi comfortable. TV offered very few channels. Shower had great water pressure and hot water. Big counter in bathroom to put your toiletries. Room was very noisy, music from bar in hotel and clanking from floors above.

The next day I was informed that I would have to change rooms to the economical section because the hotel was full and my reservation via their website was for a economical room. They showed me the room, very small, old, dirty, but the cockroaches on the ceiling were very large and healthy, real fast! The entire economical section was like entering a slum. They could not keep me in my new room but offered me a suite for 80% more than my first night rate. I told them I would go to another hotel if they could not provide me with equal or better room for the same price. They did not care.

I will never visit this hotel again.

Been to Hotel San Marcos? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel San Marcos

Address: Ave Alvaro Obregon #51 Norte, Culiacan 80000, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Pacific Coast > Sinaloa > Culiacan
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Culiacan
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel San Marcos 3.5*
Hotel San Marcos is a beautiful Culiacan property with 200 rooms and suites that features comfortable and convenient facilities as well as tasteful yet unique decor. This inviting hotel is the perfect place to enjoy a pleasant and comfortable stay, as it features spacious rooms and first class services. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel San Marcos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel San Marcos, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.