TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

“Good value, restaurant staff...hmmm.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel San Marcos

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel San Marcos to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel San Marcos
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Alvaro Obregon Ave # 51 Downtown, Culiacan 80000, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Culiacan
Helsinki, Finland
“Good value, restaurant staff...hmmm.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Rooms are okay for the price, the lobby has a cool huge statue of a naked woman and a big painting with a man and women reaching for the heights.

There was an issue with the restaurant however. We pre-paid dinners for friends, they charged them again and tried to insist that they never got any money, until finally gave in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
sanmarcoscln, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel San Marcos, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the review. In Hotel San Marcos we care very much for your comfort and. Regarding your concern in our Restaurant there was a communication issue with our staff. We are working to excel our customer's expectations in every way. We hope to see you again soon in our city and in our Hotel.

Mexico City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

Fairly nice accommodations. Well located. When reserving ask for the Shuttle from the Airport.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

My USA baseball team stayed here for the 2007 World Baseball Tournament. We were put in the newer section of the hotel and everything was perfect for the group. We were treated with much respect and each detail was carefully looked at to make sure we were satisfied and happy. The front desk was very helpful to give us information as to where to eat, where to shop...and also make sure we had ice each day to put on our players arms after each days games. The hotel also furnished meals to all the players which were pretty good. This hotel also housed the players from all the other countries, so I believe the staff were very busy but still took the time to give the type of service we needed.
All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We are all coming back for another trip in August 2010 and know this will be another great stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2006

I had booked a room for 6 nights via their website. Received a confirmation but no details. My plans changed and I had to arrive a day early so I booked a room via a different website.

Entrance has a small driveway(3-4 cars max) and you need to use the free valet service. The valets and busboys were very attentive and provided good service. Beautiful lobby, tiled, marble, with reception desk, bar, disco entrance, seating area, and stairway leading down to the restaurant and other bar.

First night my room was "Deluxe Room With Either 1 Queen Size Bed Or 1king Bathroom With Shower Wet Bar" None of their rooms have a king bed even though it is offered on the websites. My room had 2 queens beds, mattresses were old, semi comfortable. TV offered very few channels. Shower had great water pressure and hot water. Big counter in bathroom to put your toiletries. Room was very noisy, music from bar in hotel and clanking from floors above.

The next day I was informed that I would have to change rooms to the economical section because the hotel was full and my reservation via their website was for a economical room. They showed me the room, very small, old, dirty, but the cockroaches on the ceiling were very large and healthy, real fast! The entire economical section was like entering a slum. They could not keep me in my new room but offered me a suite for 80% more than my first night rate. I told them I would go to another hotel if they could not provide me with equal or better room for the same price. They did not care.

I will never visit this hotel again.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel San Marcos? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel San Marcos

Address: Alvaro Obregon Ave # 51 Downtown, Culiacan 80000, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Pacific Coast > Sinaloa > Culiacan
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Culiacan
Hotel Class:3.5 star — BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel San Marcos 3.5*
Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel San Marcos, where everything has been designed for your maximum comfort and convenience. During your stay, we hope you enjoy our warm and cordial hospitality in an authentic Mexican atmosphere. Our main goal is that you feel at home. Located on the most important street in the city, just 15 minutes from the airport and 5 minutes from financial district. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel San Marcos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel San Marcos, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.