TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

“Almost forgettable, 'til we checked out!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Grande Business Plus by US Consulate

You added Casa Grande Business Plus by US Consulate to your Saves list
Casa Grande Business Plus by US Consulate
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Tecnologico No. 3620 | Col. Partido Iglesias, Ciudad Juarez 32617, Mexico   |
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Ciudad Juarez
Manila, Philippines
“Almost forgettable, 'til we checked out!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I rated the hotel average to be fair. We stayed two nights and will actually stay...here...again. The good: If you are going to the manufacturing facilities of the area this is pretty near (same road actually). Has a Pemex Station across the road if you need gas. Good parking security. The bad: A bit of a drive to the US consulate area where the new malls and restaurants are (and more importantly Starbucks). We got stuck U-turning IN A FREEWAY! They also have rooms at the ground level (glad I didn't get that). The ugly: We we're checking out, looks like they were a bit overwhelmed at the time. I didn't get attended to immediately and their "happiness" level towards me was more of "ok name, here's your receipt...(that's it...no thank you)..." Customer-to-Receptionist ratio was 6:2, so I cut them some slack. I'm expecting a friendlier service next time I'm there though.

Room Tip: I'd avoid the ground level rooms...just doesn't seem right...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed at the hotel casa grande in ciudad Juarez. If you're staying there for consulate reasons I would highly advise against staying here do to the location and bad service. The stores are not close by and the hotel charges you for local calls. there are two phones in the room that are a complete waste because you can't dial out without having to call the front desk first. I will never stay here again and would advise anyone from staying here especially if you're American. Employees do try to take advantage of you if you don't speak Spanish and if you're not local. It was not a 4 star hotel by any means. The restaurant employees would rack up the price of the food because since my husband was American they thought we wouldn't complain. finally complained about it to the manager, they said they would refund us and we never got anything back on our credit cards. A light bulb went out in the bathroom the night before and no one came to change it until the 4th phone call late next day when I finally yelled at them because we couldn't use the bathroom in the dark and we needed to be able to shower. And lastly I called them the day before to let them know that we would be checking out early because we were sick and tired of the crappy service we were receiving and they said we would be refunded for the night we didn't stay and we never received anything back from them regardless of having proof of early check out.

Room Tip: Look for a different hotel. lock up your stuff double check your bill. And get everything in writing...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Guanajuato, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I agree entirely with the other positive comments posted here. Friendly, helpful, and mostly English-speaking staff. Clean. The only negative I can think of is that it's on a busy boulevard, and there are a lot of sirens at night.

If you're coming from El Paso, here's some useful logistical information. A taxi from the south end of the Paso del Norte Bridge (S. Santa Fe St, S. El Paso St.) to this hotel costs $30. The taxis are one block south of the foot of the bridge. (You can't see them when you're coming off the bridge.) A taxi from this hotel to the airport is 200 pesos (about $14) and takes about 15 minutes.

Room Tip: Try to get one away from Av. Tecnologico.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I just came back from a week stay at Casa Grande and I must say this is one of the hotels in Juarez that has left me with lots of surprises. The rooms are very confortable, the bathrooms extremely clean. The staff is EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. Jose Luis the driver is always welcoming with a smile. Will do what is best to help you reach your Consulate needs. If you are here for fun for business or a Consulate appointment, I would deffinitely reccommend this hotel. Very peaceful close to shopping centers, stores across the street. Comes with a great Swimming pool, Great Buffet Breakfast restaurant with a large variety of fruits and Hot Mexican dishes you wont wanna miss. For those that need some time to burn those calories after or before brekafast they have a really nice gym with some of the best equipment. Full A/C towell and water service available. TV for your entertinment. I would deffenitely come back to Casa Grande and would deffinitely reccommend this place to everyone visiting with great prices.

Room Tip: 4th Floor is the most quietest floor on the whole structure.. thou it is a peaceful area anyways.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel was very affordable for being considered a higher-star accomodation. We spent about $55/night. The Breakfast Juice & Yogurt Bar is included with your stay, however if you want the full breakfast buffet it is an additional $6 per day. The rooms were very clean and it was very convenient that our 3-day church event was being held just downstairs in the rented ballrooms. I was not too impressed by the flavor of the food. However what 'wowed' me is how accomodating the staff was. Each time we needed extra tables or chairs for our church event, they would bend over backwards to help us. And when some of our group members had to occupy the lobby area outside the ballrooms to finish up our video editing projects, the staff kindly gave us a table and plates and silverware to go with the food we purchased outside in the small corner store. we were probably really loud but nobody complained and we made sure to clean up after ourselves afterwards. I've heard it was close to the US Consulate - although I have not been there myself. It is quite a ways from the border, we took a shuttle bus to the border and just walked across to El Paso. However it is within walking distance to a small grocery store and other cheaper eateries, as the hotel restaurant, i found, was pricey by US standards and the food not so impressive. But great service, friendly staff, clean rooms and a safe environment, and decent prices are what i loved about this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

we stayed for a week at this hotel. spacious rooms, nice people, but what i loved the most was the breakfast buffet. there is a grocery store right in front of it and the bus station is relly close too. About 4-6mts away from the Consulate. And a choffer that can take you. Good for the price!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Alpine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on three separate occasions. We were in Juarez for immigration purposes and even though it didn't go as well as we planned, we still had a memorable experience with the hotel. The room was clean and spacious. There is a nice office down stairs for the guest but we used the wi-fi in our room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. On our third visit, they knew our names already and were quick with our room. The hotel offered us a shuttle to the consulate and other places that we needed to go. The restaurant is very popular bringing in patrons from elsewhere other than the hotel. Most nights they have a taco buffet but the breakfast buffet is spectacular! The menudo is really good and so are the omelets that you can have made the way you want. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't like Mexican food. There is a McDonald's at the mall. I really want to thank Sergio at the desk and Jose Luis for driving us around in the shuttle. The restaurant staff have a good sense of humor and they were very generous with us, They even saved us a trip to a pizza joint by making us one themselves from scratch. It was delicious! This is the hotel that we will be staying at whenever we are in Juarez. Also, there is a giraffe across the street at the park. Bring apples and carrots for him.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Casa Grande Business Plus by US Consulate? Share your experiences!