“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 71 Restaurants in Todos Santos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night Food, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Mexico City, Mexico
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Right besides the road lies one of the best restaurants in town. Chef-Owner Sergio is really helpful suggesting the best fresh dishes made with excellent local produce. The sushi is also very good and creative. Good mexican wine selection. We were there twice. Nice friendly atmosphere and service.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Santa Cruz, CA
“I have no idea why this place gets such good reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our least favorite meal of our entire stay in Todos Santos.

I have a food allergy that most restaurants are happy to accommodate. Our waiter just couldn't wrap his head around it and served me food with the allergic ingredient and then argued with me that it wasn't in there. Beyond that, the steak was meh. I was hoping that a filet that expensive would be delish. My husband's food (the fish of the day) was not much better. Our friends did like their empanadas, so I would stick with that if you go there.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
South San Francisco
“Sergio is Awesome !`”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The proprietor of this restaurant has taken great care with his offerings, and EVERYTHING on the menu was delicious...went back twice. Too good to be missed...and say hi to Sergio for me. Try his great sangria, too!

Visited February 2013
Houston
“way over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I had dinner the Cesar salad was a 1 on a scale of 1-10 and we split the meat plate which was not cooked as specified and the waiter recommend a mojito martini which we tried and did not like ended up drinking wine the bill was the big kicker 2 poorly tasting martinis at 200.00 pesos I about fell out. When I commented this to the owner ,well, in very few words he stated thats the price if you don't like it don't come back...which we will not do.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, CA
“What a way to start off vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

After spending four hours driving from the airport to our hotel (no one knew of it), my girlfriend and I settled in to dinner and cocktails at La Casita, on the recommendation of our innkeeper. What a FABULOUS experience. We started off with Margaritas (isn't that why one travels to Mexico) and they were a perfect blend of Tequila and freshly squeezed lime juice (I like 'em strong). My girlfriend had the Cactus Quesadilla and I had the Short Ribs - the best Short Ribs I have ever eaten in my life, which includes Kobe Short Ribs. My girlfriend had never eaten Nopal; however, became a huge fan of the dish. Our server treated us as if we were regular customers and kept us laughing the entire evening. We were seated close to the Sushi Chef and my mouth watered as he prepared the delicacies for the various clientele. We wanted to go back for dinner but could only return for cocktails as we had to cram too much into too little time. If you visit Todos Santos, La Casita is a MUST.

• Visited March 2013