“Incredible Private Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Santa Cruz

You added Villa Santa Cruz to your Saves list
Villa Santa Cruz
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Camino a las Playitas | La Pastora, Todos Santos 23300, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 21 Todos Santos B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Incredible Private Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

A perfect place to leave it all behind and really relax. Villa Santa Cruz is a beautiful Villa on the beach and totally seculded. Old world beauty with all the conveniences. Walk on the beach and see nobody for miles, a bit of heaven! Large fabulous pool area and hottub. From sunrise to sunset the views are amazing. I was there visitng with friends from Australia, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Texas and we had a blast. The staff is just the best and so accomodating to your every need. The food was prepared with all fresh herbs and delightful. I know we will return again and again! Thank you Matt! you have created a place people only dream of visitng! Diane Barretti

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

went to todos santos with my girlfriend and boys. we had a great time at the villa. the location was amazing right on the beach and away from everything. The rooms are beautiful and amazing views of the ocean. One morning we saw whales swimming along the beach from our balcony. Matt made fresh and organic breakfast every morning. we missed it once we left. They have a great pool and hottub and you can walk along and beach for miles and not see a soul. The villa is about 4 miles north of town and if you are look for a quiet beautiful getaway then this is the place for you. Matt was an great guest and made our time very memorable. thanks again Matt we will see you again very soon.

Room Tip: make sure to watch the sunset on the roof. amazing views you will never forget. great firepit on the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at villa Santa cruz for our honeymoon in April.
It was the perfect secluded spot to relax and enjoy the first few days of married life after a non-stop wedding/ vacation on the Mayan riviera.
We arrived about 8pm and had arranged for the chef, Dominique, to cook us dinner. $100 for 4 courses. When we arrive there was a delicious margarita and nachos waitin for us. I highly recommend having Dominique cook for you at least one of the nights you are there, not only was the food amazing, but it also let us enjoy the night in the villa to relax and take in the evening.
The hotel is beautifully decorated, with an authentic Mexican feel, the story of villa Santa cruz can be found in the website and Facebook page- a dream becoming a reality, the creation of the villa.
7.30am coffee is left outside the room for you to enjoy when you arise, kept hot in a thermos for those who like to sleep a bit longer.
Breakfast included fruit and bagels with a hot item, usually a Mexican inspired dish. Fresh orange juice, and I mean FRESH, squeezed that morning. Each morning, owner Matt would greet us from the kitchen, you can tell he truly loves what he does and is proud of what he has accomplished with this beautiful place.
The hotel has a fair sized pool and hot tub with double hammocks strategically placed in the sunshine. ( I fell asleep a number of times in these cradles)
A few steps away and you are on the beach, a quiet strip with just a few local expats passing by.
My husband loves to surf, so it was perfect for him as there was a decent sized, empty shore break right in front of the hotel.
Lunch is served at 1pm, the hotel amenities states 'light lunch', it certainly was more than that.
Again, a Mexican inspired dish - Matt produces such fine food, it was always delicious!
I recommend hiring a car from the airport, jessica suggested a company when we first booked. the drive is beautiful and the directions that jessica gave us were easy to follow.
The town of todos santos is only 15 minutes drive away. A small mexican town, known for its local art scene. I loved this town, it was exactly as I had hoped it would be. There was a good selection of restaurants, my favourite being La Casita, which served a mixture of dishes but in particular, sushi. I was apprehensive having sushi in this little mexican town, but believe me when I say, it is he best I have ever tasted!
We spent some time at Cerritos beach as well which was more touristy.
Going back to the hotel; I loved the roof top terrace, we usually retreated up there on an evening to sit by the fire and drink margaritas. I had the privalage of joining in a yoga class on thw rooftop, led by one of the other guests.
The hot tub stayed on until about 10pm, we Enjoyed a few late night hot tub drinks under the stars.
As a gift for our honeymoon we received a bottle of champagne from Matt and Jessica. This we enjoyed on our last night up in the palapa over looking the ocean and watching the sunset on our last day in paradise.
I would highly recommend staying here, the service is fantastic and personal, the owners make you feel as if you are at home.
The hotel would be great if you went in a group and hired out the four rooms.
I felt very safe here.
Thank you for helping make memories of our life. We hope that we can stay here again in the future.
Liz and Alan Peacock

• Stayed April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I went to Villa Santa cruz for a five-day vacation with my girlfriends. The Villa (and Matt & Jessica) could not possibly have delivered any more than they did. The rooms were immaculately clean and comfortable, the pool and hot tub were always ready for us, and our hosts were most gracious from the delivery of our welcome Margaritas to each breakfast and lunch served on the breezy porch with flawless view of the ocean.

Matt & Jessica have not missed a detail. Villa Santa Cruz is beautifully rustic, enchanting, and most importantly warm and inviting. Matt reminded us on several occasions that the Villa was "ours". To wit, Matt ensured all the amenities were always ready for us: the fire pit on the roof was roaring before every sunset and the hot tub was on and toasty whenever we wanted it. Not to mention that there was coffee at our doors every morning before we woke up.

The beach, just feet away, seemed like our own private stretch -- and Las Palmas, a beach a few kilometers away, couldn't have been a more magical and beautiful experience. (After a very short walk through a palm grove, we found ourselves alone at a sand bottom beach, where we encountered wild horses!!)

We will be returning to paradise very soon! This is not a destination to miss! Every experience is akin to a once in a lifetime experience.

Todos Santos has tons to offer, also. Every restaurant we went to was fresh, delicious, and friendly. Unsurprisingly, just about everyone in town is familiar with Villa Santa Cruz and knows Matt & Jessica; so they were happy to see us and we got fantastic service, food, and drink.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Agave Deluxe Suite and highly recommend it for the view from the balcony, super comf...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I'm not sure which is more compelling: the incredible proprietors, the exquisite care they take with each detail to ensure your utmost comfort, the impeccable design choices, or the unparalleled setting. Bottom line: this is exactly the kind of place that meets your every wish and vastly exceeds your every expectation. I traveled to the villa with 6 of my nearest and dearest girlfriends and the entire experience felt like a coconut-fueled dream. We even loved the pack of 6 dogs and the house turtle who graces the open air, fountain-festooned main floor. Knowing that Matt built every inch of this place for low environmental impact only makes it all feel guiltlessly chic. I'm a glutton for new when it comes to my holiday adventures, but this is a place to which I'll become a repeat offender. As its solitude and remoteness only lend to its charm, I'll be happy to see folks fail to read this review and race to the airport.

Room Tip: The sea-side suites have better showers/tubs due to their awesome views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Without a doubt, time spent at Villa Santa Cruz will be a wonderful vacation experience for those looking for a genuine, non-Cabo, 'Inn' experience. We traveled there after spending a few nights at various inns in Todos Santos, La Paz and Loreto. Villa Santa Cruz offers an incredible setting on the beach, well designed grounds, and sincere hospitality, making it THE BEST of options for Southern Baja.

Everyone has raved about this place and for good reason. The Pacific coast of Baja truly is beautiful and the Villa Santa Cruz is the best way to soak it all in. Matt and Jessica are great, genuine people, and understand hospitality in the 'family' sense.

With good luck we will continue to visit the Villa Santa Cruz many times in the future. If you are looking for a one of a kind vacation experience, you've found it...just don't drink all the Tequilla!

Room Tip: Bring a surf board...;-)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Villa Santa Cruz looks and feels like someplace you'd find in a Garcia Marquez book. The villa itself is gorgeous in an idiosyncratic way: great design, furniture, etc. The location is far enough away from Todos Santos to get you no neighbors and a beach to yourself, but close enough that nights out in town are convenient. Because the villa has so much going for it, and because Matt the owner makes great breakfast and lunch as part of the room rate, we didn't want to leave much. I generally don't like B&B's because you can't avoid the other guests. But the set up at the Villa allowed for plenty of privacy while also giving an opportunity to hang with the kinds of people who would drive to the end of a long dirt road to get some remote beauty. I rarely find a place so great I urge my friends to go, as I am doing with Villa Santa Cruz.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Villa Santa Cruz? Share your experiences!