“Baja's best kept secret...” 5 of 5 stars

You added Los Colibris Casitas to your Saves list
Los Colibris Casitas
3.5 of 5 Villa   |   Calle Guaycura, Todos Santos 23305, Mexico   |
Sebastopol, California
“Baja's best kept secret...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

Los Colibris was recommended by a friend when I was trying to find the closest, most easily accessible, non-touristy, authentic Mexican destination for a Christmas week get-away. She had been there before and sold me on it immediately. We were not disappointed!
The place is a series of 3-4 modern casitas built on a ridge overlooking a freshwater lagoon and miles of a pristine (and relatively) private beach. Just check out their website (www.loscolibris.com) and you'll see. Owned by an American ex-pat (Bryan) and her Mexican husband (Sergio) they run the place seamlessly. Sergio also runs Todos Santos Eco Adventures (www.tosea.net) which offers all types of activities if you choose to partake. (I read three books instead!) If you're a Facebook junky, you can become a fan of Todos Santos Eco Adventures and get an idea of what's in store. They post great photos of life there.
Todos Santos--a 5 minute drive into town--is a very clean, relaxed and totally safe place. Not really too much to do other than eat. And I must say, the food there is incredible. Besides the hole-in-wall Mexican food places, there are 8 or 10 wonderful fusion restaurants that even the most picky foodies would appreciate. At first I avoided them, opting for real "Mexican" food. That's what I was there for. But then once I broke down and tried them out I was blown away. Bryan has compiled a list of what's available and you should try them all!!!
This is an excellent place for groups, as well as couples and families. We were a group of three, but can easily imagine returning and renting the entire complex with all four casitas with a group of friends or family.
I must tell you my favorite thing tho. The house dogs--the cleanest, healthiest dogs I've ever seen in Mexico. Sleeping in the sun until called upon to entertain or visit, they're there if and when you want them. I particularly miss Julieta!
I'll be back!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
edom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

I found Los Colobris on the internet. Never having stayed on the Pacific side of Baha, I was attracted by the prospect of a quiet place near great restaurants to take my daughter and her new husband for some family bonding as opposed to the hustle and bustle of Cabo.. Los Colobris fulfilled all our expectations.
The rooms were very comfortable with each couple having privacy but near enough to each other for frequent gatherings. We had our own separate kitchen, internet and media room and the views and service were fantastic. The finest service imaginable.deserves special mention. From arranfing transportation to answering our food selection questions, to providing anything we needed, Sergio and Bryan were the perfect hosts.
Perched high on a hill overlooking its infinity pool, fresh water lagoon, beach and the blue Pacific, Los Colobris with its namesake hummingbirds everywhere is a very special place to which we will return again and again.
BB

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Hi Bryan and Sergio,

Yes we had a REALLY great time at Los Colibris – and we agree that the casitas do afford “The most stunning views in Todos Santos.”

Everything was really perfect - the view, the refreshing pool, the nearness of the beach and the town, and especially all of our new canid and feline friends. The welcoming committee of friendly animals was just great. As you suggested two of the dogs (Ponte flores and the little one Chiqaquas sp?) did show us to the beach and had a super time playing with each other all the way to and fro. All the pets even kept us warm in the cool evenings sitting on the lounge chairs by the pool, clamoring over and on us on the chairs; too much fun.

We really enjoyed Baja Mexico and are even toying with maybe retiring there for some (all?) of the time.

You certainly have a truly special place and have done (and are doing – new walkways, etc.) a great job with the place. If we return to Todos Santos (very likely) we will definitely return to Los Colibris.

Also, just to let you know that the couple that house sat for you was just great – helpful and friendly (Mauricio and ___) – lovely folks!

Thanks again for a great place to stay.

All the best

Tom

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Todos Santos, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

The bumpy road to get there is well worth the bumps--and that was even before the pool/spa.. I remember I awoke the first morning to see the sky, the ocean, the lagoon, all these amazing shades of pink... and hundreds of whales on parade....

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

Sergio and Bryan, owners treated our small group as though we were long-lost family members who finally came home. Warm hugs and handshakes, great dinners, beach walks and fantastic hikes. Days were full of adventure, evenings full of great conversation and friendship. Los Colibris will is now a permanent stop on the Walking Connection's tour schedule and our personal schedule favorite. Gene and Jo Ann Taylor

• Stayed March 2010
san francisco,ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

Owner , Sergio, picked me up at the bus terminal in TSantos, on time etc,, drove me to this haven ,, had only 3 night but would stay 2 weeks next time,, large kitchen , very clean, have everything one could need, great cd's ,comfy huge high bed, clean bathroom, good shower, and just so nice to have all your needs in one little spot with the most perfect of all views..
Sergio , very helpful, since I chose not to have a car( would next time ,a must) so he took me to town for food shopping and I took a cab back , easy.. then who needs to do anything else. but stay there.. nice to go to hotel down hill for a drink,or dinner as well .. walking distance.. for a little outing ,, otherwise ,, all is at hand,, and the sunsets,, ,, an event every evening.
Just a special place.. operated by the nicest together people.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
San Anselmo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We had a wonderful, relaxing vacation at Los Colibris and could not have asked for a more perfect spot. We stayed in La Chucha casita. If you need a larger kitchen area, opt for one of the casas. The outdoor living room and terrace were perfect for meals, relaxing and even siestas. Each casita is private, quiet and very quiet. Owners are very helpful if you need any information about the area.Their pets are a delightful mix and are very friendly.
My pictures of the the "Saints" in Old Town, the eclectic doors, gates and the fantastic beaches & sunsets make us want to come back and visit again soon.
This spot is a 5 minute drive to Central Todos Santos, you definitely need a car. Take an umbrella for Los Cerritos beach as well.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Los Colibris Casitas? Share your experiences!