“Lovely and affordable hotel in the heart of Tijuana” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Ticuan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 8va #8190 | Zona Centro, Tijuana 22000, Mexico   |
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Tijuana
Los Angeles, California
“Lovely and affordable hotel in the heart of Tijuana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise! This is a great hotel in downtown Tijuana. Rooms were clean and well appointed. I stayed in a suite which had an amazing jacuzzi tub and very comfy bed. I did not eat at the restaurant though it looked lovely. You can also order room service and there is free parking. Amazing value for the price. It's right in the Zona Centro where all the bars and clubs are located if that's your thing...but if it's not it can be a bit loud at night as the music and festivities can be heard in the room...didn't bother me since I did a little partying myself! Would definitely recommend to anyone who needs a nice, convenient and affordable place to stay in Tijuana.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Denmark, Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Been staying here since its opening. Still the same clean room and good service. Excellent beer prices in the bar. Its still new like the day it opened.Everybody is helpfull and most of the staff speaks English.

Room Tip: Stay on the east side ( south side) of the hotel. The noise from Las Pulgas is a little loud on week...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Karratha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Our first time to Tijuana from Australia and what a surprise this hotel is. Definately 4 star. The room is excellent, very clean and fitted out very nice. We have 2 double beds which are very comfortable.
The staff are friendly and helpful, nothing has been too much to ask. A highlight is definately the restaurant where the food tastes great, servings are huge if thats your thing and the service is excellent. Price is also fantastic, garlic shrimp and a couple of beers for less than $20 certainly does it for me.
As we do not speak spanish we were worried communication would be a problem but most of the staff speak english and if those you are speaking to don't then some one who does is not far away.
As we were not here for a holiday we did not get to see the sights so cannot comment on the location in this regard. There is a money changer 30m away if you wish to change for Pesos. I would recommend this as tips to the staff would be appreciated in the local currency and believe me unlike in some other hotels you will not mind tipping as the service is great. I do not know if changing money from aussie dollars would be a problem as we are carrying USD but I would assume as they are accredited then this should be ok. Please chevk before you arrive if this is the what you would like to do.
Our only complaint and this did not spoil our stay was that there is not a fridge in the room. A fridge would be appreciated but as ice is available it was not a big deal.
If we are ever back in this part of the world again we will be staying here and would encourage anyone coming to Tijuana to give this place a go, You will not be disappointed

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Boyfriend and I stayed here over the weekend. Was not expecting such a great place for what we paid. The room was beautiful, luxurious, SO clean, had a vanity area, the bed was ridiculously comfortable-- I can go on forever!

We were so happy with El Ticuan we already booked another visit next month!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have stayed at the Ticuan at least three times before, and will continue to stay there when I come over on work from the US. The hotel is a short 5 minute drive by taxi ($5) once you cross over the border.

Upon arrival, I have always been greeted with a smile. Not everyone at the front counter speaks english, but if they sense that you do not speak Spanish, an english speaking receptionist will come up to you. I did feel uncomfortable at first when my driver's license and my credit card were copied, but after checking my bank statements, I saw no extra charges.

I have always stayed in a single room with a King bed. The rooms are spacious, with a small table to eat a meal, and two chairs. There is also one comfortable chair.

I have always ordered room service when I was there, and the quality and quantity of food is very good, with prices far cheaper than the US. The plates always arrived with cling film over it, for protection. It would be good if hot tea or coffee was served in a china mug, instead of a styrofoam cup - it really does not fit the the professionally presented food that arrives with it.

A word of caution to all you souvenir hunters....when checking out, they make you wait a couple of minutes to count the towels and other items in your room before you leave. I have always noticed that this well expedited, and have had no problem with it.

I definitely like this place, and would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Claremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Tijuana is a fun place to go and I am a frequent visitor. Whenever I stay overnight in Tijuana, I stay at Hotel Ticuan. The hotel is very clean and nice, the food is quite good and the staff is very friendly. I park in San Ysidro and walk across the border. The hotel is located in Zona Centro and is about 10 minutes from the border by taxi. At current exchange rates a basic room costs about $72. What a bargain!!

Room Tip: The hotel is adjacent to Las Pulgas, a popular Tijuana dance club. On Saturday nights the party goes...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Beautiful hotel!! Amazing cafe, staff spoke fluent English and were very polite. Rooms were better than most motels I have stayed at in the past. I was there for a surgery and the nurses took wonderful care of me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Ticuan? Share your experiences!