“Absolutely The Best !! Hands Down” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Ticuan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 8va #8190 | Zona Centro, Tijuana 22000, Mexico   |
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Tijuana
Imperial Beach, California, United States
“Absolutely The Best !! Hands Down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Never any problems here, I love this place. The cleanest rooms, The Softest Beds (A rarity in TJ) and just the best service all around. Didn't watch much TV but I noticed its a new system (cablemas) I like all the extra channels, especially at night. And thank god that it has A/C, that cool air helped with the humidity of the night
Cecelia thanks for your knowledge of Tijuana and both languages, you and all of the Staff are so helpful. The location of this hotel is just great, on this particular trip, we went to Puerto Nuevo (Rosamar) for lunch, came back, took a hour nap then went over to play the Horses @ Caliente. Came back and showered and went back out to experience the night life of Tijuana.
Woke up in the morning went down to the restaurant in the hotel ALBAHACA!!!! Just out of this world good. I had the Chile Rellano omelete, with their homemade bread. My friend had the Chiliquiles, she said they were excellent. For me the Location, the cleanliness and the service make this hotel NUMBER 1. I will be back !!!

Room Tip: All the Rooms are great, I guess they have a band @ Las Pulgas on Wed, and the weekends. so plan acc...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Wifi sucks and is nearly non- existent. They also need a printer in the computer/business center so you can print out your boarding pass, etc. it's simply just lame that they can't afford a cheap printer in there! As a hotel that is supposedly a business class hotel, their lack of adequate WIFI and computer equipment is unacceptable. Also, they should have more than 4 English TV stations, especially CNN!

Otherwise, the hotel rooms are nice, clean, have terrific water pressure, and the lobby is nice with a great Restuarant and bar.

Also, beware that if you pay by credit card and are in need of a refund, it takes weeks.

Room Tip: Master suites are the most roomy have an awesome circular jacuzzi tub. But rooms on the Revelucion...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tijuana, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Pros: Clean hotel
Cons: If you don’t speak Spanish you are in trouble most of the time.
Free wifi does not work and they practically do not help to correct wifi signals.
We asked for extra pillow and front desk said they DO NOT have extra pillow.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

After staying at this Hotel many times, I was unfortunately double charged while booking a room on their Internet Website. When I discovered the error, I contacted my Financial Institution who initiatied an investigation, confirmed an error and reversed the charges to my credit card. Hotel Ticuan responded to the investigation with the wrong date in question and insufficient evidence to negate the reversal.

Six months later, I had dinner at the Hotel and was leaving when I was confronted by the manager and the Owner(?) who advised me I owed for one night's lodging due to the reversal of the double charge. When I attempted to explain the situation to the owner, he refused to listen and advised me "if you don't pay I'm going to call the police!!". Unbeknowst to me, the owner had already called the police who were waiting outside with their lights flashing. At that point, I was more or less strong-armed into paying a $62.00 charge and was actually in fear that if I didn't I would be arrested .

This review is just a warning to foreign travelers and tourists that this is the way Hotel Ticuan treats it repeat clients and guests and not to stay here as they may involve the Mexican Police to handle any small routine disputes.

Safe travels-

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is an American-style business hotel in downtown Tijuana, where the vibe is very much Marriott or fancy Holiday Inn. Given some of the places I have stayed in the city (don't ever stay in a "motel", because you have to tell them how many hours you want the room for), this place is paradise. It's every bit as nice as somewhere I'd stay in a major American city.

I stay here nearly every time I need a hotel room in Tijuana. Like all hotels in Mexico, you pay up front, and the prices are posted. There's not this game of variable pricing like in the States, which is refreshing. Unlike most hotels in Mexico, you don't have to inspect the room before you pay, because they're all pretty much the same and quite nicely appointed. There are three floors of rooms (the hotel sits perched atop an enormous parking structure); you won't get a room on the 5th floor, because there's an obesity surgery clinic that rents the entire floor for their recuperating patients (all Americans looking for cheaper treatment than in the States). You want to be as high up as possible and on the south side of the hotel, because otherwise the noise from Las Pulgas nightclub will drive you insane. Revolution Avenue is not the eight-blocks-of-constantly-partying it was ten years ago—most of that stuff has turned sideways on Sixth Street—but it is still very loud.

The staff are mostly pleasant. There was one young woman who was a real witch to customers in two languages, but I haven't seen her the last few times I've been so perhaps she's gone to annoy customers elsewhere.

You'll want an extension cord if you need to plug anything in next to the bed (a breathing machine, your laptop, your phone, etc.) because there are no outlets near the bed. The bottled water in your room is free; there's an OXXO on Revolución and
7th if you need more, or there's a supermarket around the corner on Constitución.

They make you wait at checkout while they inspect your room to make sure you haven't stolen any towels. Make sure you plan for this, because if there is a rush, they may take a while. The bar is actually quite cheap if you just want an Indio or a simple cocktail like a margarita. The restaurant is fine but there are so many outstanding places to eat in Tijuana that there's no point at all in eating at Albahaca (which is Spanish for "basil").

I don't recommend checking your luggage at the desk. We had some things go missing one time, which they vehemently denied. I do, however, recommend using their parking lot even if you're not staying there.

This place, at 750 pesos a night for a single (about $60), is about twice the price of Caesar's and the other tourist hotels further up Revolución. However, it's far more than twice as nice, it's twice as quiet, and it's only two blocks from La Sexta so you can stumble "home" without a taxi if you drink too much.

Room Tip: Stay on the south side on the 7th floor if you can, facing Calle Octava (8th).
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The last time I went to Hotel Ticuan I was very disappointed with their rude customer service. However, this time I went back in February I didn't get any of the rude staff anymore. When checking-in I was not pleased at all to be put in a room freshly painted and with a huge stain in the carpet in the entrance. Other than these two incidents I had a great experience. I'm very impressed with the customer service of the people in the lounge since their very helpful whenever I go to this hotel. Also their restaurant Albahaca was delicious! Enjoyed their customer service and especially the food! Their dishes were great and very tasty along with their presentation. Not to mention their desserts which were exquisite! For a restaurant at a hotel this went above my expectations. I definitely recommend trying the drinks at the bar as well, the bartenders are very polite and professional. Their drinks not to mention were delicious!

***Recommendation: You guys should provide the rooms with refrigerators/microwaves even if one would need to pay more for this service. It would really make a difference especially when one goes to stay for several days! But thank you for cutting our pineapple (kitchen staff)!!

Room Tip: The rooms with a table are definitely in my opinion better because I don't go for business or sc...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Ladies at the reception we very nice and helpful, the staff were outstanding. From the moment I check in everyone made me feel very welcomed. The atmosphere of the entire place is made so you can relax. The room was very clean and nice and the bed was just right. The only complaint I had was the remote for the TV was not working but they took care of it in no time. The bar had very elegant with very reasonable prices. I had an interior room so I had no issues from the nightclub. I will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor, get a suite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Ticuan? Share your experiences!