“Good place to stay, not the best to gamble” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Oriente 9211 | Zona del Rio, Tijuana 22320, Mexico   |
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Tijuana
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Good place to stay, not the best to gamble”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This is actually a great place to stay that is not far from the border crossing at San Ysidro. You can book for under $70 if you pay ahead.

As far as gambling its not the best. It is sub-par that of US Native American casinos. They have slot machines and a sports book.

The best thing to do here is to get some drinks and people watch into the night. The casino is safe, so if your worried about safety in the area this is a good choice for that.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HotelPuebloAmigo, Gerente at Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Dear K_Mennem,

Thank you for your time that you spend sharing your experience at Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino Tijuana with us and many travelers.
Is a pleasure for us to know that we have cover your expectations. We would definitely
forward your opinion about the casino to the manager there.

If you need any future help, please don´t hesitate to write me an email.

Have a great day!

USA-1800.386.6985

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights & were very impressed by Staff & Hotel. Clean, good food, perfect location! We will definitely stay again! The have fast lane passes to get you thru the border in less than 30 minutes. A definite plus!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments about Pueblo Amigo Hotel Plaza & Casino Tijuana , it would help many travelers to choose Pueblo Amigo when they are traveling to the City of Tijuana. Plus, it shows that we are on the correct way.

Don´t hesitate to contact me if you need help with any reservation or special request in the future. I will more than glad to help you out.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I stay in this Hotel for a night, and was really god, the beds are very comfortable and my rooms was very big, it smell a little bit a cigarette, but I suppose is for the casino down stairs, I was very tired so I didn't note the noise of the coin machine, the breakfast is very good, you have to try the "Quesadillas". All the room was very clean, no complains at all, this is Hotel I can recommend to my friends.
The staff is very friendly and they have a shuttle hotel-airport-hotel

Just have to page more attention about the cigarette smell in the rooms this stick to the clothes.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Anatayla,

We are really happy that you take your time to share with us your experienced at Pueblo Amigo Hotel Plaza & Casino.

Please be sure we are constantly working on eliminating cigarette smell in the rooms , we know that this is very important for Most of our guests.

We hope you can come back and enjoy of our Great Room once is done in future.

Would be a pleasure to assist you again.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

*** Stayed Sept. 2013***

I’ll be short and sweet about my stay here.
Clean, easy to get taxi, good and helpful staff, there is always someone to help you when you need someone and area where the casino is, is very nice as well. I’d have no problem coming back seeing is I usually go to San Diego 3-4 times a year and the first thing I do when I land in San Diego is go TJ to party.

Im more then happy to come back and have no problem bring friends with me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
HotelPuebloAmigo, Gerente at Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Jimmy,

Thank you very much for your feedback! we appreciate your visit and hope to have the pleasure to serve you again soon ..

Best Regards

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Excellent location near the border. Very helpful staff, friendly and courteous at all times. Good on-site restaurant. Nice clean rooms. There is a taxi stand in front of the Hotel, so transport is no problem. Price is reasonable.

Room Tip: Pick a room that doesn't face the main street. The street noise in the morning and afternoons is...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
HotelPuebloAmigo, Gerente at Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing with us your experience at Pueblo Amigo Hotel Plaza and Casino. It is a pleasure to know that Pueblo Amigo Plaza and Casino has covered your expectations. We look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you again in this your hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything we can do for you. Sincerely, Cintya Gutierrrez reservaciones@hotelpuebloamigo.com
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

My sister and I stayed in this hotel twice this year 14 days in total, this hotel was recommended by r surgeon to stay and he's very right ..our experienced in this hotel was very positive.. And I'm not a person who can be easily please ... Very clean accommodating and their price is very reasonable with d amenities that's provided more than I expected and above all the staff are very professional, helpful and nice...special thanks to Carlos...... Thank you so much everyone for the services that made it easier for my sister and I

Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest:

For us it is a joy to receive comments like yours,
Since one of our main objectives is the overall satisfaction of our guests

I will gladly share your comments with Carlos Flores,
I'm sure it will motivate him to feel proud of his work.

Cintya Gutierrez
reservaciones@hotelpuebloamigo.com
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

But, had to leave after one day (paid for two, but...)
First, booked through "Hotel.com" (never again).

Paid for a "suite", but upon arrival, the hotel said was full and put me in front of elevator (but, same price!) There was no heat and was cold out. After three calls for heat, and no response, I gave up. (I would periodically run the hot shower through the night for heat).

So... checked out, had paid for another night, which they kept, and will never do that again.

(And, yes, I been there before. Always pushed to this experience, but never all the way to this.)

Soccer team weekends are filled up and place is bad (but when the mayor's son is on the team...well...), and everybody seems to like a badly run, crowded, now expensive place. why, I do not know.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Pueblo Amigo Hotel Plaza and Casino. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You are a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps with the service to avoid such problems in the future.

If you would like to discuss your experience further and give us more details, please feel free to contact me directly at the email listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Cintya Gutierrez
reservaciones@hotelpuebloamigo.com

Been to Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino? Share your experiences!