“Perfect Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Tijuana
Bakersfield, California
“Perfect Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

My sister and I stayed in this hotel twice this year 14 days in total, this hotel was recommended by r surgeon to stay and he's very right ..our experienced in this hotel was very positive.. And I'm not a person who can be easily please ... Very clean accommodating and their price is very reasonable with d amenities that's provided more than I expected and above all the staff are very professional, helpful and nice...special thanks to Carlos...... Thank you so much everyone for the services that made it easier for my sister and I

Stayed March 2014
HotelPuebloAmigo, Gerente at Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Guest:

For us it is a joy to receive comments like yours,
Since one of our main objectives is the overall satisfaction of our guests

I will gladly share your comments with Carlos Flores,
I'm sure it will motivate him to feel proud of his work.

Cintya Gutierrez
reservaciones@hotelpuebloamigo.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

But, had to leave after one day (paid for two, but...)
First, booked through "Hotel.com" (never again).

Paid for a "suite", but upon arrival, the hotel said was full and put me in front of elevator (but, same price!) There was no heat and was cold out. After three calls for heat, and no response, I gave up. (I would periodically run the hot shower through the night for heat).

So... checked out, had paid for another night, which they kept, and will never do that again.

(And, yes, I been there before. Always pushed to this experience, but never all the way to this.)

Soccer team weekends are filled up and place is bad (but when the mayor's son is on the team...well...), and everybody seems to like a badly run, crowded, now expensive place. why, I do not know.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Pueblo Amigo Hotel Plaza and Casino. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You are a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps with the service to avoid such problems in the future.

If you would like to discuss your experience further and give us more details, please feel free to contact me directly at the email listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Cintya Gutierrez
reservaciones@hotelpuebloamigo.com
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My trip to Tijuana was very nice and much of that becuase of my stay at the Pueblo Amigo. Honestly have no negative comments. All the staff were very nice and accomodating. The rooms and service were great! and the cost of my stay was very fair and reasonable. Just an overall good experience in a nice hotel with professional service. Way to go Pueblo!

Room Tip: I always like the top floors. Very nice view of the casino and city. Elevators were in good working...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Long Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This casino is right next to the border and is so convenient. The rooms are new on the 1st and 2nd floors. The hospitality is amazing and everyone is so helpful and polite. The gaming is awesome! True Vegas style gambling.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband stayed here for thanksgiving weekend. It was so much fun. Everyone was sooo helpful! They went out of their way to help. The food in the restaurant is delicious. Very tasty. We had a marvelous weekend. So much to do, but we also enjoyed staying in the premises. The drinks at the bar are good and we got to do a little gambling. I give this place 5 stars and recommend to everyone wishing to receive vip treatement.

• Stayed November 2013
Fallbrook, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Pueblo Amigo for three days in September 2013 and really enjoyed the friendly and professional staff. The food was excellent, the casino was fun, and the overall service was great!

Room Tip: If you wish a quieter room ask for one above the 4th floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a former Holiday Inn, probably 40 years old. My room had not undergone a remodel, save for a new tv and bed, since it was built. Bath fixtures were rusted and worn and the toilet emitted a foul smell. The carpet was worn and the room lacked promised amenities like a coffee maker. The hotel atrium is now a casino and an announcer worked the public address system all night announcing winners. You could hear it clearly in the rooms.
There is no fitness center (despite the listing) and one of the two hotel elevators appears out of commission.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
PuebloAmigoHotel, Gerente at Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
RodriguezLasVegas, We appreciate your comments. I have always consider them as a tool for improvement. Since the opening as Holiday Inn 19 years ago, we are proud to announce one more renovation for our Property. As I learned of your experience, I have to say that was a terrible exception rather than the rule. Unfortunately we stared with an ambitious renovation program in June 2013, As a manager of the property, I would like to invite you to visit our property, either as a mistery shopper or as my guest. All I want is the opportunity for you to witness before the tripadvisor community, the wonderful renovation, the new systems on heaters, air conditioning, the sealed mechanisms in every single door that lower in a great deal the casino ambiance. Fell free to contact Gerardo Delgado, Resident Manager. Love to hear from you.

Been to Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino? Share your experiences!