I just got back from TJ and had a grand stay of a time at Hotel Pueblo Amigo, which is not far from the border or downtown.
I was in TJ for med purposes, I needed cataract surgery and opted to get a 2nd opinion in TJ. The med office Codex Vision referred me to Pueblo Amigo as a good place to stay. I was in TJ for 3 days. First of all the staff were very friendly and helpful, one is usually greeted with a warm smile and how are you doing or can I help you with anything, type of attitude. Which makes for a enchanting background to a nice hotel. The grounds and hotel are kept very clean, yes there is gambling and this is probably how they pay a lot of bills. If I had a compliant, it would be that once or twice I heard BINGO, BINGO, BINGO that one of the machines has recorded in its memory while I was asleep. It was not that loud and I quickly went back to sleep.
The room was grand in nature and roomy in size. The bed extremely comfortable, the decor is professional and tasteful in me humble opinion. The bath room is large and done in marble type tile, has that rich feeling. The tub is very relaxing, I turned me ankle and took a couple hot baths and I am 5'10" and I was most comfortable soaking in said tub. A color TV worked well, stations in Spanish, I was in Mexico, additionally there was a writing deck, formal type sitting chair with ottoman and couple nite stands and dresser and sizable closet. My room was on the 5th floor and this provide a panoramic view of TJ and area.
As stated earlier, the grounds are lush and well maintained, as is the exterior. The lobby is large and inviting with its black mable flooring. Pueblo Amigo has a restaurant, that I found to be enjoyable and provides wide array of food styles and choices. I ate couple dinners here and the meals were fairly priced and the dishes were tasty to me. I felt I got great dinners for the price I paid. The waiter service was excellent. Just beyond the restaurant was the gaming portion of the hotel. The gaming and restaurant area is on ground floor and has 7 floors of open space above it. The side wall is made of glass and iron work from floor to ceiling, makes for great back ground as I would assend up the glass elevator to me room.
The hotel provided shuttle for me to med clinic and Jaun Carlos provided excellent service and very safe ride.
I live in Los Angeles area and often hear many negative things about TJ, my stay at Pueblo Amigo, with its professional and friendly staff reminded me of the rich heritage and pride that is Mexico! Perhaps I am over stating my stay, Pueblo Amigo provided me with fabulous service in a grand setting, what more is there to say?
BTW, I went with Codex Vision and now have 20/20 vision in me left eye, they were excellent too!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pueblo Amigo Plaza Hotel & Casino is ideally situated in the exclusive Zona Río, part of the most important commercial and financial area in the city of Tijuana. It is the closest hotel to the U.S. border and is within minutes of strategic points such as Tijuana's International Airport and the city of San Diego.Hotel Pueblo Amigo boasts the famous "El Patio Restaurant" its daily breakfast buffet is traditional and well renown by locals. The prpperty offers unique in-house entertainment featuring a Sports Center, Casino and gaming rooms. High Technology is also available with WiFi In-Rooms and most public areas. We are happy to provide many other amenities including: a bilingual staff, private parking, round-the-clock security, Meeting and Banquet Rooms and a free shuttle to the U.S. border. Near the Hotel, there are two of the main hottest spots for dancing and enjoying the music of the moment, Alebrijes and Pasha! the best antros as of today, only at Pueblo Amigo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, TravelClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza And Casino
- Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza Tijuana
- Pueblo Amigo Hotel
- Pueblo Amigo Tijuana