“Guadelupe wine tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 attractions in Rosarito
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Tours: Guadalupe Valley Wine Country, Whale Watching, Ensenada, Tijuana. We also offer custom tours and transportation from and to the San Diego Airport, Tijuana Airport and Amtrak Train Depot.
“Guadelupe wine tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I have gone on wine tours with GoBajaEasy about a dozen times. The first time we went, about 7 years ago, there were a few well established wineries and many that were just getting off the ground. It is great to see how the wineries have prospered. Of course, every time we take the tour again there are brand new wineries. It is truly the Napa of Mexico. The tour offered by the GoBajaEasy guides has been informative and has provided us with information on local culture and history. Several of the wineries also gave us a tour which was an overview of the wine making process. Especially fascinating to me was the history of the Russian immigrant settlement in Guadelupe Valley, and their connection to milk. In addition to wine tasting, I love the boutiques and artisan wineries that offer cheeses, uniquely Mexican food creations, jams, salsas, honey, lotions, novel gift items, etc. We have eaten at most of the nice restaurants and they are wonderful. I am looking forward to our next tour in September. I have learned so much about Mexican culture and their entrepreneurial spirit just doing these tours. It is extremely safe. You travel through the Guadelupe Valley that takes you away from the city into the real country of Mexico. You can do this trip with several others, which is fun, or as a family alone. My husband and I have done both. It is a small group, not a big bus tour so all my questions have always been answered. The price is so reasonable, too. As far as wheelchair access, they can accomodate. Needless to say that since we keep returning to this tour of Guadelupe Valley with GoBajaEasy that it is one of our favorite and most memorable ventures in Mexico.

Visited April 2013