“Tucked off the main road ... but worth looking for!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Californian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Tucked off the main road ... but worth looking for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2015

Well we had a fabulous dinner at this delightful find in Rosarito Beach. Fabulous service, a meal to brag to all about and genuine caring from the owner and all her staff. Off the main street, ocean side a block North of Rosarito Beach Hotel in a setback patio area I highly and strongly recommend that you find this place. My lemon baked sole with dill was as good as any I have had anywhere, my friend's beef ravioli were superb, and the appetizer of spinach and feta in a phyllo crust, well can you say fabulous! Topped off by a incredible chocolate cake desert with vanilla ice cream ... oh my gosh its worth a trip down to Rosarito Beach just for this meal. ENJOY!

• Visited April 2015

La Habra, California
“Lamb Lovers...Try Grill lamb with Fruit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015

Lamb is one of a my favorite meats especially when it is grilled. I recently tried Susana's Grilled Lamb with grapes and Strawberries on a bed of pasta....Wow, what a treat. She also has on the menu, Grilled sausage with fruit, which just as good. I highly recommend Susanna's on your next outing to Rosarito.

• Visited March 2015
Rosarito, Mexico
“Bad night of Service from Susanna.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015

The food is really good!! I ate there several times, each time inviting friends and family.
Sad to say the last time I ate there, I reserved a table for a party of 10 adults and kids to celebrate my mothers birthday. The food and service was GREAT!! The owner herself Susanna was not very polite. Maybe she doesnt like small children...but I will NEVER return there!!

• Visited October 2014
“A Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2015

Susanna's Is tucked away on the main boulevard in the heart of Rosarito. It is a hidden treasure. It has a romantic atmosphere and is perfect for dinner. The food is exquisite. I love their little jalapeño tamales, a perfect appetizer.

Visited February 2015
“Old Friends at Susanna's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2015

Every time I have returned from vacationing in Rosarito, my friend has asked, "Did you go to Susanna's?" And now I know why she was so eager for me to eat there.

We arrived at lunchtime, and Susanna, the owner, was just opening up for the day and welcomed our group like old friends. She invited us to sit on a charming patio where a waterfall dripped nearby in the adobe brick and terracotta tile-lined room.

It was difficult for me to decide which item to choose from the menu because so many of the entrees looked amazing, but I finally settled on wild salmon with a strawberry topping.

While we waited for our meal, my husband and I decided to try out the margaritas, which to me is one of the true tests of a Mexican restaurant. We weren't disappointed. The drinks included freshly-squeezed lime and just the right amounts of tequila.

Next, I enjoyed a fresh salad, topped with a garlic vinaigrette dressing and grated parmesan. This was paired with warm bread, chive butter and an olive pesto.

Meanwhile, throughout the meal, the friendly waiter made sure that the water glasses were kept filled, and Susanna checked on us to make sure everything was in order. She also gave us tips for Guadalupe wine tasting and recommendations for other local restaurants.

Finally came the highlight: an expertly cooked wild salmon, grilled to perfection, resting on a bed of spinach and mashed potatoes. None of our group left any remnants on our plates. We all thought that our meals were superb, and the prices were reasonable.

What an outstanding way to finish our restful vacation in Baja. We left waving good-bye to our new friends in Rosarito, promising to return on our next visit.

• Visited April 2015