“A Great Place to Heal after Dental Surgery” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast

and 1 more site!
You added Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Calle Bahia #299 | Fracc. San Antonio del Mar, Rosarito 22560, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Rosarito B&B and Inns
Vilcabamba, Ecuador
“A Great Place to Heal after Dental Surgery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed at Casa Farolito in March on the recommendation of my dentist when I came to Tijuana for dental surgery. I chose it from his 2 recommendations, because, as we weren’t allowed to eat in the morning, Lorraine offered to make blended soups or smoothies on our return in the afternoon. This was very appealing to me as I wasn’t sure whether I would feel like making my own food or eating in a restaurant after the surgery.

Casa Farolito turned out to be everything promised on the website. Lorraine and Peter were perfect hosts and their team of helpers, led by America, were all very cheerful local angels, always smiling, and nothing was too much for them. Lorraine even did a big favour for me before I even got there, which was a massive help and relief to me.

I stayed in the Farolito Room, which was beautiful. One day I looked in the drawers in the bathroom and found lots of little goodies that Lorraine had hidden away- just in case we had forgotten to bring a necessary item. Such a nice touch.

Because I wasn’t able to chew and because I am a vegetarian, Lorraine allowed me to have my favourite breakfast every day once the surgery was over, even though there was a different dish on the menu daily. That was very much appreciated and very delicious. We had breakfast on the patio, overlooking the ocean and every day, a few dolphins would swim by and wish us good morning.

Lorraine and Peter even took me with them to Rosarito one day, so I could buy some fruit and vegetables as they allowed me to use their blender to make green smoothies every afternoon.

Although there is no public transportation, the taxi service is good and there is a very good local restaurant, where the staff is so friendly that the second time I went there, it was like visiting “old” friends. However, if one was staying for an extended visit and wanted to see more of the area, it would probably be worth renting a car for more flexibility.

I loved staying at Casa Farolito and could never find another B&B which was as immaculately clean, comfortable, healing or scenic.

Room Tip: I saw all the rooms and they are all wonderful, depending on your requirements. The Vista Room is...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
BandBMexico, Owner at Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Hi Ann,

Thank your for the kind words. We know how busy life gets once our guests go home and we always appreciate when they can take the time to write a review - especially such a nice one.

We are one of two places to stay that are recommended by the Tijuana biological Dentist.. and we always appreciate his referrals and then our guest's feedback!

We realize that having many days of dental work can be stressful but hopefully the sound of the ocean, the sighting of dolphins, the Angels (as you called them) who are my helpers even the fresh fruit platters... made the whole experience feel healing

Yes, you found our little bag of 'Items You Might Have Forgotten' in the bathroom drawer. I do this because inevitably when I stay in a hotel - I end up in a local drugstore trying to find a toothbrush or toothpaste or sunscreen or a band aid... I put together a kit for every room in Casa Farolito Bed and Breakfast to try and cover all the little things guest's might need.

We were happy to bring you to the local supermarket to get your organic greens to blend. Most people do not realize that all fruits and vegetables here are grown organically - as they do not use pesticides.

Hope to see you again in the near future,
Lorraine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

My mate and I were in Baja a couple of weeks back and wanted to stay by the beach. I did some thorough research and found CF on TA. What a fantastic find! We had SUCH a relaxing time in the view room. Lorraine and Peter rock. We accidentally showed up a day earlier ( I know, what??!!) and they were sooooo accomodating... they took is right in. They are the best! The view is fantastic, the community very quiet, and the house is gorgeous. If you go, be sure to eat at the restaurant in the community (escaping me right now), awesome food and service... and you can walk there too boot. Thanks L & P!

Room Tip: The ocean view room is where its at!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
BandBMexico, Owner at Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words.
You guys were so eager to get here that you surprised us a day earlier... we were happy to have had a room available for you both. Thank you for saying "We Rock!" - greatly appreciated considering you are a young couple and we are.... well, let's just say OLDER!

The restaurant that you both walked to from Casa Farolito Bed and Breakfast is called Gusto's, it is at the entrance of our gated community and only a few short blocks away. They are open every night for dinner.

Hope to see you back here one day,
Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Casa Frolito is an amazing place to stay for any of your Baja related adventures! Lorraine and Peter are detail oriented and spare no expense at making their guests feel safe, warm and welcomed. The location is perfect for venturing into Rosarito, Valle de Guadalupe or just lounging by the beach. I would highly recommend staying at Casa Farolito to anyone looking to stay in this part of Baja!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
travelgal858, Owner at Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you Max for the kind words.
We totally enjoyed having you both stay here at Casa Farolito Bed and Breakfast. I hope this B&B will remain a special place in your hearts.... as the place you proposed to your girlfriend.
She came up from your Sunset Champagne Picnic on the beach (see the Celebrations page on our website)... sparkling as bright as the ring you had just placed on her finger. We are so happy for you both.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My wife and went there this past weekend for a birthday/anniversary retreat and couldn't have been happier. Lorraine and Peter are the perfect B&B hosts. Gracious, warm and attentive but not intrusive if you're into privacy. We had the Ocean Front Suite which has a great view of the Pacific, a private deck and spa tub just outside the sliding glass doors. Everything was immaculately clean. The large bathroom has double shower heads, a jacuzzi tub, and double sinks. They provide bottled water and toiletries if need them. In fact the whole place has sense that the comfort of the guests and their needs have been anticipated in great detail. The hot breakfasts are delicious with homemade breads, jams, and lots of fresh fruit and fresh squeezed juices. The entire house is about 2800 square feet and beautifully designed and appointed. It is very guest-friendly with libraries of books, pool table, separate guest kitchen, and there are lots of common living spaces both inside and out. The house is in a gated community in San Antonio del Mar with good security. It is about a short drive to downtown Rosarito. We were glad to be able to easily access the town without having to stay right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle. Lorraine and Peter have terrific suggestions for restaurants and day excursions to the Guadalupe Valley Wine region or just about anything you're interested in doing while there. They are a wealth of knowledge, are native English speakers, and provide maps and good driving instructions as GPS devices apparently don't work there. We will definitely be returning - hopefully soon!

Room Tip: Ocean Front room is located downstairs, very private with its own deck and spa tub.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
BandBMexico, Owner at Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for the kind words, Sheldon.
We really appreciated the things that you noticed. We try to give our guests a Bed and Breakfast experience that we ourselves would want and expect if we went to a Boutique B&B. We do try and anticipate the needs of our guests before they even ask for something. Our guest's reviews encourage us to provide even better service, we love having happy guests... Thank you also for mentioning the cleanliness of the B&B...... this is also very important to us... we have a staff of four totally bi-lingual ladies who rotate and serve breakfasts and make up the guests rooms. We have a cleaning lady who moves everything in the house to clean... she does not do 'surface' cleaning. We have a lady who comes here every week to iron and we provide crisp freshly ironed quality bedding. We also have an outdoor maintenance man who clean windows and patios, etc... We buy organic fruits and vegetables and we believe that food has be very fresh and it has to look as good as it tastes.
Best regards,
Montauk, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Casa Farolito caught my eye on two sites. I found on TA there were numerous reviews which the guests commented on the appearance of the bed and breakfast. The reviews were very positive, not only on the accommodations but how Loraine and Peter made us feel welcome. They ensure your stay is a memorable one.
All of the staff was bilingual and also knowledgeable of the area. This was very helpful to my wife because her knowledge of English is limited.
Our room was very comfortable and had everything you would want right down to the robes for you to wear.. We would return to Casa Farolito the next time we visit Baja California.
As I stated we looked at another travel site (Travelocity) and the reviews were the same. It was a pleasant and relaxing visit without the large crowds staying at the hotels in town.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
BandBMexico, Owner at Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate all the reviews from all of our guests.
We know that is has much more meaning when someone is seeking a place to stay
and they are able to read the reviews that others leave on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you and your wife enjoyed Casa Farolito Bed and Breakfast and that you both appreciated our fully bilingual staff.
Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and I came here for our anniversary and I must say it was amazing . Everyone was very nice and friendly. Breakfast every morning was really good and fresh. We will definitively be back in the summer to try out the oceanfront room. However I liked our Jr. Suite.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
BandBMexico, Owner at Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for the kind words, Tanisha. I am glad that you and your husband enjoyed your Anniversary celebration. I know that coming to Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast was your first B&B experience.... I am so glad that it lived up to your expectations. We look forward to seeing you both again in the summer.
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Casa Farolito is the best place to stay in Baja for any occasion but especially to celebrate your anniversary. The small details makes it even more special. We are a couple that are not out to family and friends and their small details made us feel welcomed and accepted. Lorraine and Peter are wonderful hosts with a beautiful home and a spectacular view. They gave us maps and ideas of what to do around Rosarito and Ensenada. Their maps were very helpful and we knew that if we got lost they were just a phone call away. It was hard for us to come back home. We wanted to stay and enjoy the beach life. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
BandBMexico, Owner at Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. We would love to have you both back at Casa Farolito Bed and Breakfast anytime.... You have friends/family here... and we don't care if you are 'in or out' - you are both super nice - and you deserve to be happy at home or on vacation! Happy Anniversary...
Regards,
Lorraine

Been to Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!