“Awesome weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast

and 1 more site!
You added Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Calle Bahia #299 | Fracc. San Antonio del Mar, Rosarito 22560, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Rosarito B&B and Inns
Hohenfels, Germany
“Awesome weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Myself, my dad, and his two friends spent the weekend at this lovely B&B last month and it was an awesome stay! The house was set up beautifully. Peter and Lorraine did an outstanding job to make their place welcoming. We stayed in the suite that had it's own entrance and there wasn't a bad thing about it! It was clean and decorated very nicely. We got to peek at the suite our friends stayed in which was also gorgeous. They had an ocean view with a hot tub off the balcony. The staff (America and Veronica) were also extremely nice and accommodating. Breakfast was delicious both mornings we had it and the 'welcome margaritas' were tasty. One night we were on the patio watching the sunset and Lorraine had popped us some popcorn for the occasion. It was a perfect setting. Thanks again Peter and Lorraine! If I ever come back through I'd love to stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
BandBMexico, Owner at Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Yes, our Welcome Margaritas together with sunsets and dolphins help make for a memorable vacation. We enjoyed having all of you. Glad you liked the new Vista Studio and that you found our breakfasts to be delicious.
Lorraine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Saratoga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband I spent this last weekend at the Casa Farolito. Lorraine and Peter were such wonderful hosts from the first email I sent for our reservation to the care we had when we were there. Our suite was amazing overlooking the ocean and we had our own private hot tub outside the room and just a few steps from the ocean. It was quite a treat it was my husbands birthday and they decorated the room for the occasion as well as were very thoughtful about housing his motorcycle in a safe place. I would suggest this beautiful B&B to all my friends and family we loved it and OH DID I MENTION THE BREAKFAST!!! The food was delicious and the two ladies that manage and work at Casa Farolito were so helpful and kind. Thank you Lorraine and Peter for a lovely weekend and if we find ourselves planning another trip to Baja we will be sure to book with you!!! Thanks again!!! Tanja and Mike

Room Tip: Our room was beach front, but with the care you will receive any room would be a pleasure to stay in...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We were so happy that your birthday weekend was everything you were hoping for, and more! We had fun decorating your room for your birthday. I also understand that you had a memorable lunch in Valle de Guadalupe wine country only an hour away from here yet it felt as if you drove to Tuscany.
Paradise Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Lorraine and Peter are perfect hosts. This was a great place to stay while recovering from some dental surgery--peaceful, great views, on the beach, well-appointed suite, a full breakfast, and a special smoothie following my procedure!

Room Tip: The ocean view suite has a private terrace with a hot tub overlooking the Pacific.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. I know that coming here for dental surgery is different than being here on vacation. I am glad that you found the surroundings to be healing and comforting. We always make organic blended soups and fresh fruit smoothies for our dental patients after their procedure. Glad you relaxed a bit after you removed your jacket and tie!
LOS ANGELES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My partner and I spent an unforgettable weekend at Casa Farolito! We stayed in the Vista Suite and were very impressed with our accommodations, the hotel, and especially the service. Upon arrival, Peter and Lorraine showed us our suite and then gave us a tour of the property. Peter and Lorraine were very kind with any questions and concerns and the staff really pampers you during your stay, especially for breakfast (and a very tasty!) which is also included with your room. The next morning, after a wonderful breakfast, my partner and I relaxed on the lounges on the terrace which had an absolutely fantastic view of the ocean, while we both sipped champagne. Although lying on the sand and swimming in their private beach was also a must on our itinerary, it was a bit difficult for us to leave lying on those lounges on the terrace because that ocean-view was so spectacular! The hotel provides sun chairs, an umbrella, and boogie-boards complimentary during your stay. We enjoyed every moment and have a very pleasant stay especially because Casa Farolito is also a gay-friendly resort. I recommend this property over the hotels in Rosarito because the resort is very quaint, charming, and cozy but especially, the attention is "Above & beyond"

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad you and your partner felt pampered - that is always our goal! We pride ourselves on attention to detail and appreciate you noticing. We welcome everyone here and thank you for noting that we are also a gay friendly resort.
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I traveled to the area for medical purposes. The staff at the bed and breakfast made my travels very easy and accomodating. They really took my initial stress of traveling to Mexico away. The beach front room was beautiful, clean and comfortable along with the rest of the property. This trip was not for pleasure, but we plan on returning again for vacation. Lorraine and Peter, thank you for the kind hospitality!

For travelers going to the area for medical purposes, stay at Casa Farolito. It's easy to reach, quiet, safe, clean, and beautiful!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad that you chose Casa Farolito for your place to stay while recovering from dental surgery. We are glad that you felt relaxed and comfortable as you were a tad hesitant coming to Mexico. We look forward to you returning one day for an actual vacation.
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hubby and I came here for our first anniversary. It was perfect! First of all, Lorraine and Peter are such great hosts and make you really feel like you're at home. Also, the ladies that work for them to clean up and serve food are so friendly! We stayed in the Faralito Room. It was really nice and the bed was very comfortable. On Saturday morning we ate a delicious breakfast on the deck overlooking the ocean and all day long dolphins were swimming by! It was beautiful! I would recommend this place to anyone, and hubby and I plan on staying again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We were honored that you chose to spend your first Anniversary here with us at Casa Farolito Bed and Breakfast. Glad that the dolphins came by to help celebrate! We look forward to seeing you both for many more Anniversaries.
Lincoln City, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My wife & I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary for a week at Casa Farolito. The thing that first enticed us to look at Casa Farolito were the reviews from Trip Advisor. Here's what I'll say, the reviews are in every way true. Personally, I can imagine pretty well what "excellent service" should be. Truly, the service was even better than excellent. And, I don't even want to express how far over and above Peter & Lorraine treated us because I want to keep this getaway location a secret. But, I guess in fairness, this is what these reviews are for and is what brought us to Casa Farolito. We enjoyed our stay so much that we have actually purchased a gift certificate to send someone to Casa Farolito, which we have never done before. To give an added note, its not just that Peter & Lorraine excel in service, but we became friends. We have been gone for 2 weeks now & miss Casa Farolito. But, I think we miss Peter & Lorraine (and Amy & Veronica, and the waiter at the restaurant up the street who was excellent) even more. This piece of heaven deserves 6 stars, not 5. - Jim

Room Tip: The oceanview room is the premo room. They have a new room that looks awesome that I which has a d...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We were very happy that you chose Casa Farolito Bed and Breakfast to celebrate your 20th Anniversary. I know that you wanted it to be very special and we were glad to help by surprising your wife with red roses, chocolates and her favorite wines. After 10 days here - we too felt that you both arrived as guests and left as dear friends.
Lorraine

Been to Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!