“I have a mixed feeling about this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast

and 1 more site!
You added Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Calle Bahia #299 | Fracc. San Antonio del Mar, Rosarito 22560, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Rosarito B&B and Inns
Torrance, California
“I have a mixed feeling about this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I want to say how awesome it is - and it is. But selfishly, I don't want anyone else to know about it. From Lorraine and Peter, our "hosts with the most" to the gorgeous and perfect view from the property (which is literally on the beach), and the awesome breakfasts, this place ROCKS! Privacy when we wanted it, advice when we asked for it.
My husband and I loved the spacious ocean view room. We look forward to coming back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BandBMexico, Owner at Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
It's funny that you almost don't want to tell others about our little gem...in case we are all booked up. We will do our best to always accommodate you. We just added another room for just that reason. I am so happy that you found Casa Farolito Bed and Breakfast to be a perfect retreat. I would love to see you come back with your friends for a Yoga retreat. We will arrange outdoor massages in the Palapa overlooking the ocean and healthy organic breakfasts for you all.
Lorraine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

How thrilled was I to find Casa Farolito! You see, my family owned the home 2 doors down from this magical place for 25 years and I had not visited for over 12 years.So when the opportunity arose to return I grabbed it! It is difficult to put into words just how lovely Casa Farolito is...imagine your ocean front view with a picturesque island in the distance and dolphin lazily crusing by to say good morning...you are on the expansive patio gazing at all this beauty when a lovely woman brings you the most delicious breakfast you could imagine. You linger as long as possible before beginning your adventures of the day; and you are confident in your plans as you have most likely been thoroughly and thoughtfully briefed on all the secrets and special places nearby by your caring hosts Lorraine and Peter. At the end of your perfect day (for how could it be anything else here?) you come back to your new-found paradise for a bit of a chat with the hosts and their other guests and share your adventures over a delicious margarita on the patio. This entire home is absolutely fabulous and you would be satisfied with any of the rooms, however, the oceanfront suite is my recommendation. Falling to sleep with the ocean waves and the moonlight on the water; it doesn't get any better than this! Take it from someone who spent 25 years nearly next door...Casa Farolito is not to be missed!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the very kind words. How wonderful that we are situated on the beach only 2 houses away from your childhood home... your childhood memories. We loved hearing the stories about San Antonio Del Mar back in the 60's and 70's. We too think that this place is 'magical'... I am so glad that you had a great time shopping down here for your Mexican Casa in San Diego - I hope all of our recommendations for doors, benches, art, tile and pottery worked out for you. We have bought Mexican folk art from so many stores in and around Rosarito that we feel comfortable suggesting the best places to shop.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had a couple of days after a conference to escape and Casa Farolito. They have built a beautiful, peaceful corner of the world. Lorraine became our own personal travel guide with amazing suggestions, written guideline and maps.

We highly recommend the oceanfront room. It is beautiful, private and peaceful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very happy that you enjoyed your weekend retreat at Casa Farolito Bed and Breakfast. I am glad that my maps helped you... I have hand drawn maps for everything; to go to wine country, to Ensenada, to Rosarito, to certain restaurants, even the best way back over the border! People laugh (OK not people... my husband!) when I come out with one of my 'little masterpieces' but they sure help to get you somewhere without getting lost!
Regards.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Casa Farolito is such an amazing place! Our room was SO peaceful and the view was gorgeous.

Peter and Lorraine were such gracious hosts. I have a restricted diet, and they went out of their way to make sure I had wonderful breakfasts.

One morning I was doing yoga on my beach towel. Lorraine saw me and ran right out with a yoga mat for me!

Every detail was taken care of without ever feeling fussy or stifling. I'd never stayed at a bed and breakfast, and was concerned that it would be odd to be in somebody's home, but Peter and Lorraine were perfect. They were there when/if we needed them and invisible when we wanted privacy.

It was really the perfect getaway - almost want to keep it a secret!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you felt how peaceful it is here at Casa Farolito Bed and Breakfast. We like to be available to help our guests and answer their questions anytime and we also like to be invisible so that they feel at peace and relaxed in the privacy of our Casa. When I saw you doing Yoga along side of the palapa early one morning I was reminded of the four Yoga mats that I had just purchased for our guests use and could not resist bringing one outside for you.
La Mesa, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a first class place, in every way. Everything is maintained beautifully, all the rooms are large and beautifully furnished, the patios look right down on the surf, with dolphins playing and feeding just outside the surf line in the morning. Breakfast is beautiful and delicious. The surrounding area is residential and quiet. The location is within easy driving distance to Calafia/Puerto Nuevo/La Fonda. The wine country is about 50 miles south on the light-traffic toll road. There is nothing not to like here for a 2-4 day getaway. Lorraine and Peter, the hostess and host, and their sweet helpers make everything comfortable, and provide detailed directions to their favorite restaurants and vineyard/tasting rooms, away from the standard tourist choices. The residential area has a guarded entry, Farolito has a stairway to the beach, and It's actually difficult to find anything that could be improved, even for this sceptic who lives by the motto, "The more you complain, the longer God will let you live...".

Room Tip: The suite is worth the extra $60 or so.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind words. I know that some people arrive here thinking that all those rave reviews can't be for real! Others are surprised that the online photos of Casa Farolito Bed and Breakfast don't always do justice to the place. I am happy to read that you wrote 'All your other Reviewers are Right!' We do strive to be first class - in every way. It is totally appreciated when guests notice that about us.
jamul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We spent 2 days at Farolito and couldn't have been more pleased. The location is wonderful...over looking the ocean and beach, and not far to shopping, restaurants and the Guadalupe Valley wine country. Every detail was considered in providing for our comfort and convenience. It was like staying in a tastefully done modern museum with a friendly and personable touch. Great breakfasts!

Room Tip: The larger suite is more expensive but has the ocean view and is larger. Both have complete amenitie...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Randy, we are glad that my background as an Interior Designer and my husband's background as an artist come through in the décor at Casa Farolito Bed and Breakfast. Many people tell me that they notice new things every day here on the walls from art, to sculptures, to masks and woodcarvings... we love Mexican Folk Art and we travel all over Mexico looking for new fun art for our B&B. We are thrilled when our guests appreciate our little 'personal Museum' and our attention to detail.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I did not expect it to be so beautiful, peaceful or sparkling. I felt pampered by Loraine's attention to detail. I had gone to MX for dental surgery. They went the extra mile to make sure I was comfortable and had delicious food that I could eat. Now my husband won't let me stay anyplace else (when I am by myself) because he knows I will be so well taken care of.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Sandra for your kind words. We know that traveling alone for dental surgery can be stressful. We are so glad you felt pampered here at Casa Farolito Bed and Breakfast.. so much so that you will be back here again the for third time in a few weeks. We look forward to having you.
Lorraine

Been to Casa Farolito Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!