“Fantastic restaurant next door” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hacienda Suites to your Saves list
Hacienda Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Salvatierra No. 152, Loreto 23880, Mexico   |
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Loreto
“Fantastic restaurant next door”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a couple of occasions. Nice and clean, a cold pool and good distance from the sea front. Good for a few days, would i stay the week? Maybe not.
Try the restaurant next door at night, I have enjoyed everything I have tried.

• Stayed November 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

First of all, if you're staying in Loreto for more than one night, then you are probably having a quiet, and peaceful vacation. After all, the town of Loreto is very small and generally shuts down after 10pm, but does offer some good fishing and water activities (snorkeling, paddle boarding, etc.). If you're like me and just passing through Loreto (driving to or from Cabo) then it's usually just a one night stay and off the next morning.

I have stayed at Hacienda Suites two times, both times being satisfactory. The hotel is an old hacienda property converted into two floors of rooms, complete with a swimming pool in the center as well as a poolside bar. For my first stay, I made a reservation, on the second, I did not (however had no trouble getting a room in August). I would say the hotel has at least 15 rooms, possibly 20. I believe all the guest rooms have two queen size beds (which was fine by me). AC, TV (which I rarely watch), hot water, and plenty of power outlets in the room. The hotel also has free wifi which is a plus in my book. The hotel offers free breakfast with your stay, however I was always on the move in the early morning and did not partake.

Not sure if the price per room is different depending on the time of year, but I paid about 850 pesos (around $70-75) for the night (they do accept major credit cards). The larger hotel next door to Hacienda Suites charges more and I didn't see a reason to stay there. Hacienda Suites is located on the main road heading in to downtown Loreto. I parked my car on the street in front of the hotel both nights I stayed there and the car was fine both times. The hotel has a night time security guard who is at the front gate for the duration of the night. Upon check in, they will ask for your vehicle information. The hotel does have a parking lot in the rear of the hotel, but I opted not to park in there as there were no other cars and it was in a dark alley.

I have not eaten at the bar, nor have I swam at the pool, but both seem to be decent options. If you're comparing this hotel with other options in Loreto, I would say that Hacienda Suites is a good option for the price and amenities. If you're thinking about staying at the Villa del Palmar resort, consider that the VDP is VERY far away from the actual town of Loreto (at least a 20 minute drive).

Room Tip: I have stayed on the ground floor both times. Not sure if there is an elevator for the second level...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Stayed here on the way down to Cabo. Great for a quick stop in, clean, nice size rooms. Breakfast was included in our rate which was nice since we were able to get in and out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Tuscaloosa, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in March 2012. We were driving through and needed a place for the night. This hotel was perfect! We arrived around 9 pm and had no problem getting a room or checking in. The rooms were clean and large. The beds were comfortable. Considering that breakfast was included, we found the $70 price tag to be quite reasonable. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly. I laughed at the reviewer who complained the shower head was placed high up on the wall...as a woman who stands 5'10, quite used to scrunching down in budget hotel showers, I found this to be a fabulous benefit! The pool area looked beautiful, but we did not have a chance to use it. I found the toiletries to be what is expected. There is also bottled water provided. Wifi is free but requires a password from the front desk.

If I were staying in Loreto for some time I would probably choose a hotel on the water over the Hacienda Suites, but this hotel was perfect for a one night stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here on the before and after of a kayaking tour. Fine for a quick landing spot...clean, basic. Do make sure to bring your own toiletries though as they don't provide much.

• Stayed November 2011
Staad, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

Large clean rooms although in the normal rooms the bathroom is very small and the door hits the toilet seat! No hairdryer, so bring your own. It was cold when we were there and we couldn't get the airconditioning to blow any hot air. Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean rooms although sometimes they took a long time cleaning them (5pm and our room still wasn't ready). About a 20 minute walk from the Malecón so a little far from the sea depending on what you're looking for. Sadly breakfast was very poor - same 3 dishes every day, marge instead of butter, artificial orange juice, and so on but this was our only major criticism. All in all our stay there was enjoyable and we would return.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed recently in Hotel and Experience was 9/10...After reviewing hotel has the best value for the price paid. Third free night and breakfast included made the difference!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hacienda Suites? Share your experiences!