I would like to give this place 4 stars, but I think I have to go with 3 just because other people have gone a bit overboard on it.
My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon, and let me make clear that we had really nice stay here, but there are some things that you should know before booking here. First, is that Loreto is the amazing tourist town that the economic crisis forgot. Which is great for two reasons (1) it is quiet and peaceful, and (2) unless you are there during the absolute peak season, you should be able to get great deals for hotels.
This means that you can stay in a 5 star resort for significantly less than you pay here and get the pools and the amenities that go along with that. Basically, what that comes down to is that this place is nice and charming, but overpriced. We were the ONLY guests here for our entire stay of 9 nights, so don't think they are going to fill the room if you don't get it right away. Look around (unless it is prime, prime season). If you are looking for a charming B&B and not a hotel, this should be on your list, but it shouldn't be the only place (unfortunately it is one of the few on trip advisor).
-Paulette and Roberto are really great to their guests and have excellent recommendations on what to do. They refer you to people in the area for great activities. Definitely go to the Island, it is wonderful.
- Paulette and Roberto speak fluent English (and interestingly less spanish than I do even though they have been here 15 years) =).
- The rooms are really nice, and the upper room has two rooftop terraces on two different levels. It is actually too much space.
- Breakfasts are very good and so is the maid service.
- The place is well decorated and the bathroom is really nice.
- You can use their kayaks for free, which we did 3 times. (Though, once we got to Loreto, we realized that they aren't the only place in town that offers similar no-cost equipment rentals).
Negatives: (and here is why it is overpriced).
- The property doesn't have a real pool, which wouldn't be bad if the beach was amazing.
- The beach isn't amazing. Indeed, the walk there takes you through a lot of horse poop and the water is full of seaweed right outside their place. So you have to travel elsewhere for a beach. And--
- It is far from town and other beaches. Basically, you need a car if you are going to stay here, or borrow the bikes a lot.
- The tub in the upper bathroom is kind of strangely designed and makes it very difficult to bathe in it.
And finally, we had a billing dispute at the end of our stay. They ultimately resolved it in our favor because most (though I admit not all) of the evidence was in our favor, but they were ready to charge us for a night that we hadn't planned to stay even though they knew days in advance that it wasn't in our plans. That just hasn't been my experience with hotels and B&Bs, where even if you did book (which most of the evidence said I didn't), you usually can cancel as long as you give them enough notice.
Again, none of this marred our honeymoon, and we had a really nice stay. And I think it is a good option. But try to get some information and look at other places too. This isn't the only nice B&B in town, and certainly not the cheapest. You just have to search in some alternative means to find them.
Both rooms are very nice.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.